Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abkumar

Bsnl Evdo Tariff Increase

BSNL has increased the rental of EVDO unlimited plan from Rs.650/- to Rs.999/- Per Month.

When I asked why this increase is made, they said this is because Roaming is now activated for BSNL EVDO!!

:NOTriste:

BSNL has increased the rental of EVDO unlimited plan from Rs.650/- to Rs.999/- Per Month.

When I asked why this increase is made, they said this is because Roaming is now activated for BSNL EVDO!!

:NOTriste:

The rental was increased but on November 7 the rate hike was withdrawn due to the pressure from the old users.

• Like 1

But yesterday when I got mine disconnected they said its has been increased to Rs.999!!

As per TRAI regulation, a subscriber cannot be forced to move to higher rental unless the subscriber has completed 6 months in the current plan.

• Haha 1

I had completed 6 months :(

• Like 1

Still it is cheaper than TATA and Reliance. :GirandoOjos:

• Like 1

So has the hike been withdrawn as mentioned by "iyappan" or has it been increased for all?

as per my info, its increased for all! from 1st Nov 2009

Nahi.... why does this always happen to me... I am only around a 3 month old customer for the evdo... ill have to fire the cc executiives here...

Nahi.... why does this always happen to me... I am only around a 3 month old customer for the evdo... ill have to fire the cc executiives here...

Best of Luck. You are dealing with Bharat Sarkar here! :confuse:

This is a news to me. I have been using BSNL EVDO for more than a year now. I am still paying Rs. 550/month. My bill shows that it would increase to Rs. 650/month from 1-Jan-10. If I opt for roaming today then the tariff would be Rs. 650 from today on pro-rata basis.

I think there is some confusion here. What is the source of revision of tariff to Rs. 999 ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

The firms seem to guarding EVDO pricing and service rates like mama bear.

What are the options and damages. Also, how is the service? I understand the choice is between BSNL, Reliance & Tata or are there more present or imminent in the market.

Doctor sahab, I couldnt understand this - "The firms seem to guarding EVDO pricing and service rates like mama bear. "

Yes, these are the three major players. But BSNL service, in my opinion is not as fast as Reliance at least in some areas. The good thing is that you hv truly unlimited service for Rs. 650 (which the other boarders claim to be Rs. 999). The bad part is that the speed variation is huge. If you are lucky and live in an area where the speed is good, you get speed of around 600/700 kbps. But there are people who get speed of 30/40 kpbs too.

Besides, if BSNL has really increased the monthly rental, then it has lost its advantage because at the price point of 999, Reliance would be far better.

• Like 1

BSNL behaves always like its against the enduser, on its so called Customer care centers they care for everything else except the customer :D you may need to go from desk to desk to know very basic details like STV recharge, plan info etc. when you visit any of their offices , you can see BSNL employees enjoying sipping tea, eating lunch etc like they were on a picnic or something.

BSNL is pathetic in terms of customer service / network quality / network coverage & despite this they charge similar rentals/ call rates / or higher rates as seen in many cases .....

I personally have used the following services of BSNL in the past--

BFone(Landline)

EVDO Data Card

CellOne GSM Prepaid Service

but not even a single service was upto its mark in terms of quality/network/service etc. :D:P :P :angry: :angry:

I understand your frustration. But I dont understand how BSNL has increased the tariff in Gurgaon and not in Pune.

BSNL behaves always like its against the enduser, on its so called Customer care centers they care for everything else except the customer :D you may need to go from desk to desk to know very basic details like STV recharge, plan info etc. when you visit any of their offices , you can see BSNL employees enjoying sipping tea, eating lunch etc like they were on a picnic or something.

BSNL is pathetic in terms of customer service / network quality / network coverage & despite this they charge similar rentals/ call rates / or higher rates as seen in many cases .....

I personally have used the following services of BSNL in the past--

BFone(Landline)

EVDO Data Card

CellOne GSM Prepaid Service

but not even a single service was upto its mark in terms of quality/network/service etc. :D:P :P :angry: :angry:

BSNL services CC are pathetic.if one thinks of CC he or she never uses BSNL.

BSNL CC are not aware of the tarrif plans.

Surprisingly in some centres they are not aware of 1500(Swagatam service-CC)-They ask what is it ?

They never send Bills .I have recieved my first bill and for 6 months no bills.If I call BSNL officers .THEY REPLY " WE HAVE DESPATCHED BILLS ON TIME IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COLLELT BILLS FROM POSTAL DEPARTMENT NOT OUR DUTY" :'( .

I view bills online and pay online.But CC at centre say there is no online facility you cannot pay online :confuse:

:wacko: Despite this why I am using BSNL Broad band means

In 6 mnths of usage only 4 interruptions( in first month only) due to Ring road work which was rectified in one day.

In last 5 months not a single inerruption.I am paying 150 rupees per month for 1GB for the speed 512kpbs to 2mpbs.Practically I am getting 1.5mbps. :clap:

Lucky you!

Doctor sahab, I couldnt understand this - "The firms seem to guarding EVDO pricing and service rates like mama bear. "

Very simple. If you want any info on EVDO from Tata all you get is a form, with a we will get in touch with you. That never happens. In one cae I got an ack saying w3e will revert to you.. still waiting. try the Reliance site and you get into an almost endless loop. No real information about tariff, module charges, locations, etc. As for BSNL it is not called 'Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega' for nothing. The site may not have been updated for half a century (oops year).

Is it not like mama bear guarding the honey!

In any case BSNL will be my last choice. I have a fixed line broadband and it often conks out from 18:00 to 22:00. I still have no information on where to complain. The ultimate arbiter of BSNL (the lineman) thinks that half a dozen twisted joints on the cable are normal. I managed to install a small junction box on my wall, but they insist on not using the Krone connection, and twist the wires together. I am waiting for Airtel to come to my area and it will be adieu Bharat sarkar.

Friends I am usually roam between UP west and Delhi NCR.

Can anybody tell me is BSNL EVDO is a good option for me i.e.

In which cities of UP west evdo high speed is available ? (I basically need it in aligarh)

Will it work in NCR (Noida, ghaziabad) or in Delhi?

what is the cost of bsnl evdo data card?

I search bsnl website for the same but only tariff detail is available, no info about the network

where evdo coverage is available.

Pls help.. :signthankspin:

As BSNL is now offering roaming in EVDO, you will get at least 1X signal and where EVDO is not available (it is not there at most of the places) you will be able to surf at dial-up speed.

As BSNL is now offering roaming in EVDO, you will get at least 1X signal and where EVDO is not available (it is not there at most of the places) you will be able to surf at dial-up speed.

So in Delhi NCR what I will get EVDO or dialup 1X speed ?

users in delhi ncr please suggest how is the service good average or bad?