Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Whose Network Is Best, Full Report Availble Now

http://in.nielsen.com/news/20091116.shtml

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Telecom/Network-quality-more-important-than-price-war-Nielsen/articleshow/5236017.cms

Network quality remains the top priority for consumers when choosing an operator,

even as most telecom operators are busy

lowering call rates to outdo rivals, according to research

firm Nielsen.

"Network quality is the most important consideration for Indians when it comes to selecting a service provider. But the fact is Indians don't really know which service provider has the best network in their circle, all they know or to be more precise are told by the service providers is how much lower their prices are when compared to the competition," it said in a statement.

The Nielsen Consumer Experience Mobile Test Program said there was a disconnect between what was important to consumers compared to the focus of service providers.

"It shows that even though network quality is a more important criterion than price, price war between service providers have become customer acquisition tool," it added.

The report said it was because of this lack of information and communication that consumers do not know who the market leaders are in network quality in their circle and are compelled to make choices based on their perception of supremacy.

The report indicates that of 18 circles tested on Reliability metric, a clear 'Leader' exists in just four circles, while in 10 circles, there is a tie for first place for network reliability.

In the remaining four circles, there is neither a clear leader, nor a tie for first position.

While Reliance Communications was the leader in Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry circles, Tata Indicom was the leader in UP and Uttaranchal circle.

"As Indian consumers consider network performance as a major selection and retention criterion, there is a huge opportunity for network leaders to educate consumers about the superiority of their network performance to gain subscriber base. This can be a huge marketing differentiator in an industry that is reeling under hyper competition," The Nielsen Company executive director (Telecom Practice) Shankari Panchapakesan said.

Nielsen expects that India, similar to global trends, will see the emergence of a 'Leader' based on superiority in network performance.

"New service providers will find it difficult to gain market share in the crowded wireless market. They will face challenges in terms of high subscriber acquisition costs, lower ARPU customers and lack of adequate spectrum quality. Getting superior network quality and communicating the same to the consumers will prove helpful," Panchapakesan said.

An earlier Nielsen Mobile Consumer Insights survey indicated that network satisfaction is driving overall satisfaction with services, offered by operators has increased from 50 per cent in the latter half of 2008 to 54 per cent in the first half of 2009.

Edited by ravi_patent

Reliance must be leader in network in several more circles.

RCDMA :SI: :SI: :clap: :clap:

RGSM :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

full report is here

http://in.nielsen.com/news/20091116.shtml

probably such a robust network was the reason for their higher pricing prior to docomo's launch.however they seems to have realized their weakness by october

Edited by ravi_patent

Reliance CDMA is best network interms of congestion, call drops and voice quality. Even data speed is pretty much consistent over TATA CDMA and any GSM network.

RGSM and RCDMA, both at par in Bangalore!!

That is new- RGSM at par with RCDMA. Great.

In my experience RCDMA is the best. I have experienced Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, Aircel

As per my knowledge Reliance CDMA is best for Network Quality!

but I think Reliance GSM will catch up with this in future :D

i have used all the networks and i do accept that Relaince CDMA is far best then any other operator in Delhi NCR and Chandigarh. Also Highway coverage is also much better then any other operator. They are able to provide this because they have very good fiberoptics cable thanks to the Dhirubhai for his vision otherwise there network topology is not so good. worst GSM operator i found was Vodafone almost a year before but now they have improved a bit.like last year when i use to call them for call drops they wanted me to tell them the exact co-ordinate of mine at the time of call drop in order to register my complain. Airtel coverage is horrible. and their network support is pathetic.

RGSM needs to do a lots of work to improve the network.