Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag Thakkar

Caller Tunes / Reliance Default Caller Tune

After so many complaints, I have finally managed to get the default caller tune deactivated on my number. It was struggle for me for approximately 45 days before this could be removed on my number.

All I kept getting is assurances that it will get deactivated.

To my surprise today at Webworld express I was told that this caller tune cannot be removed and its mandatory for Postpaid customers.

After sending so many messages and complaints finally its off now my number.

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

45 days? I had changed it for my father's number last week and it got reset within 24 hours by sending SMS (TRING to 51234). It was a prepaid connection though.

45 days? I had changed it for my father's number last week and it got reset within 24 hours by sending SMS (TRING to 51234). It was a prepaid connection though.

You removed that..............i am willing to have that on my prepaid number which was removed previously...........how i can get that for free.........

got deactivated caller tune in 1 hr. on RCDMA

I dont know whats wrong with them, sent messages on Tring & Unsub CT atleast 15-20 times...but was not getting removed, The hieght was when they charged me 30 Rs/- :NOTriste:

CDMA is not a problem, there it happens in Minutes, even Prepaid GSM was not a pain.

How can they by default put a caller tune on any number unless there are instructions from Customers.

They kept saying I must have rcieved promotional call where I would have agreed for that tone, but I never recieved any such call, also I am DNC so how can they give me a promotional call?

For my GSM Postpaid still the old Reliance Tune is playing free of cost. Kindly guide the process to change it to new tune.

:previous:

Me2 wants the method/details and the charges for the above....

Check the response I have got from Service assrance cell...

Dear Mr. Thakkar,

With reference to your mail regarding Caller Tune issue on your Reliance GSM Mobile number , please note that as per confirmation received from the relevant department that Caller Tune facility has been deactivated from your number.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or write to us at serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565.

Prepaid customers can call on *333 (Toll free) from your Reliance Phone or 3033 3333 from any other phone.

Postpaid customers can call on *222 (Toll free) from your Reliance Phone or 3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Mihir Desai

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

From: serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com [mailto:serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:23 PM

To: Chirag Thakkar

Subject: RE:'ADAG=005-032-695' Reference to your mail

Dear Mr. Thakkar,

With reference to your e-mail regarding activation of Caller Tunes facility issue for your Reliance GSM Mobile number 9699xxxx00, please note that your complaint is registered vide Service Request ID 117924151. We have escalated the same to the concerned department and will respond to you in next 2 days.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you and take this as a feedback to improve our services to meet your expectations.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.rcom.co.in or write to us at serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565.

Prepaid customers can call on *333 (Toll free) from your Reliance Phone or 3033 3333 from any other phone.

Postpaid customers can call on *222 (Toll free) from your Reliance Phone or 3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Moumita Chandra

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

-----Original Message-----

Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 08:18 PM

To: 'serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com' (serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com)

Cc: 'Rcomnodalofficer.Mumbai@relianceada.com' (Rcomnodalofficer.Mumbai@relianceada.com)

Subject: FW: Very Disappointed - Default Reliance Caller tune - 9699xxxx00

Hello,

I currently using Reliance GSM Postpaid connection (9699xxxx00), On which I would highlight that I have made many complaints in the past related to the "Default caller tune" which gets activated on its own after every 15-20 days. Since the month of July-Aug 09 every month I have been calling and speaking to Various supervisors to get the caller tune deactivated. I am very much aware that there are no Charges for Default caller tune, however I simply don’t need it neither this should be activated again by default.

I have sent several messages (SMS) to deactivate the caller tune, but that also does not work.

I am so very disappointed with the services I have been getting, every time I call and I get a assurance that next time the default caller tune wont be activated, but it does not stay long for more then 2 weeks and again the caller tune starts...

I would seriously request to pull my calls and listen to few of them and you will see what assurances I have got from your executives/Supervisors and how disappointing it is to be on such long calls which go on for 20-30 minutes.

Again in 1st week of Jan 10 I am writing this mail as the "Default caller tune" has been activated once and it really adds to the irony.

Here are some of the complaints related to "Default caller tune" which I have made in the past and few of the floor supervisors to whom I have spoken. I have many complaints from August onwards for the same issue but unfortunately I do not have the complaint numbers for those. Below are some of the specific details.

11th Nov - 112968842

08th Dec - 114774731

27th Dec - 112968842

I am hoping that my request will be looked into and appropriate actions will be taken and in future please don’t activate the default caller tune on my GSM connection. I would appreciate if I get a response and call back to inform me about the action's taken. Just for Information I am already having "Do not disturb" facility activated since more then 8 months now.

Thanks & Regards

Chirag Thakkar

Edited by Chirag Thakkar