Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Vga To Ycbcr

I have Sony Trinitron TV. Model HM213M80.

I want the display of my ThinkPad on the TV. Lenovo T61 has only VGA output.

The TV is having standard Video input and Y Cb Cr.

Is there a cable available for VGA to Y Cb Cr ? I tried VGA to RCA but it is not working.

Plz. help.

The first 2 links are for VGA to S-Video - The TV doesn't have S-Video input

The 3rd link is for VGA to HDMI - The TV doesn't have HDMI

/?

I think, buying the VGA to S-Video (Female) and adding S-Video to Video can help. Is that possible ? How will be the picture quality ?

Isn't there a direct VGA t0 Video or VGA to Y Cb Cr cable available ? Will VGA to RGB help ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^

check again; the first link is for vga to component (Y Cb Cr) cable...

and dont get confused - read this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YCbCr

Edited by dkaile

The first link is VGA to 3 RCA (15 PIN VGA/HD15/RGB to 3 RCA COMPONENT TV/HDTV CABLE). I have already tried that. It is not working because it is 3 RCA not YCbCr.

I think the 2nd link (VGA to TV S-Video/RCA AV OUT Converter Adapter Cable) can help me because it is VGA to 1-RCA composite video. But that is not available here in Pune.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

:previous:

You are in pune, visit market near pasodyavithoba mandir,

you will get that cable.

if not you can buy VGA to RCA/S-video converter

link:- http://shopping.rediff.com/shop//productdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10189818&source=browse&frompg=Electronics

• Like 1

I'll try near Pasodya Vithoba madnir.

I went to the link. The device is of Rs. 3999.

Basically, I want to watch downloaded films on TV from my laptop. This is prohibitive price for the purpose. It would be better to buy a DVD player with USB, which can play all major codecs- mp4, xVid, H264, mov, flv. Is there any such dvd player ? I know that Philips cannot do this.

:previous:

Phillips can do this, but price is around 5K,

you can buy lower segment models from Onida around 2.5 to 3K.

As your laptop dont have direct RCA/S-Video output, and your TV cannot take digital signals,

you have to buy this kind of converter box, no other solution.

on ebay you may get other brand cheap.

All this i am telling you becoz i am working on RCA/S-video/RF signals from last 5 years.

Oh... great. Thanks for the expert advise.

Can you point me to the Onida models ? Recently Moserbaer is also selling quality DVD players. I think, LG is also a good quality. Can you point me to some of these which can serve the purpose ? When I surf the web for these, the models dont show which codecs they support.

Thanks once again.

If u want a dvd player, go for one that offers these features-

1. Divx Playback

2. HDMI Port

3. USB Port

4. Full HD 1080p upscaling of standard definition content to HD Standards

5. 12-bit video DAC (digital to analog converter)

6. 24-bit 192Khz capable audio DAC as well

One such model is Philips DVP 3996 @ about 3800/- which is a killer price for all these features...

Edited by dkaile

Yes Dhiraj, but does this support the major codecs, the ones that I mentioned above ?

In one of the reviews of Philips player, somebody told that it wasn't supporting many codecs. At present, I don't have an LCD and I am not even planning for that, till the time the channels broadcast HDMI signals. I think, its a waste of money. When you don't have proper inputs it doesn't make sense for going LCD. I tend to compare LCDs with CRTs and I always felt that CRTs are better than LCDs. All the showrooms show Blueray disks while displaying LCDs. But we don't get that type of inputs even on DTH platform (except one or two channels on SUN Direct). Well... thats off the track. Sorry for that.

However, the main requirement for me is codec support. I can do without HD/HDMI.

http://www.p4c.phili..._94_pss_aen.pdf

Sabko mukammal jahhan nahin milta.... kisiko dharti to kisiko aasmaan nahin milta...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

The pdf doesnt show which codecs it supports.

MPEG1, MPEG2, DivX 3.11, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.x, DivX 6.0, DivX Ultra, WMV

You could use RMVB player to which you can connect your Pendrive/external HDD/ SD card. A variant of RMVB player has HDMI output too.

Nowadays am watching the downloaded movies using the same RMVB player.I have bought it in KL, Malaysia. Not sure where its available in India.

here is one of the link where you can get more details on RMVB player.

http://www.hkv.com.my/product_info.php?cPath=80&products_id=587

Dhiraj, When you download movies from net, most of the time they are in one of these formats - mp4, xVid, H264, mov, flv.

The DVD player should support them. If not all, most of them.

Plz. suggest one.

Udaykiran, looking at the description it seems that this is the one that I am looking for. Does it play all these codecs ? Have you tried ? What is the price ? I guess, it would be available in US.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

u should download files in avi format; which btw is the most popular format in the world right now.. All divx players play avi. The latest format is mkv which is used with hd bd rips which is playable in a very few dvd players right now. So stick to avi and be happy forever... also note that mp4, xvid are mostly playable in divx players... just look for avi extension...for other formats, converters are available free on net ( http://www.alloksoft.com/splitter.htm ) which will convert any other formats u have into avi, and then u can copy those files to a dvd or usb drive and play in these dvd players...

Edited by dkaile

mp4 and mkv are containers for H264 encoded videos...mp4 is proprietary format whereas mkv is free. So any player capable to decoding H264 should be able to play these files...

Dhiraj,

H264 is, I guess the most compressive form of video, and that is the reason that now a days it is getting popular. When a film is of 700 MB in avi it is arround 430 MB in H264 (mkv). To download H264 makes more sense because of the download limits and time to download a file. So if there is any DVD player which supports this it would make more sense now a days.

I tried playing xvid in Philips but it didnt work.

My hunt for the DVD player is still on.

The Allok Video Converter is not freeware. It is free to try and converts only 50%. Is there any freeware available ?

there is no mkv dvd player as of now in india, afaik; if u come across one, do share the info; but shud be out soon...

i had a solved solution of aalok video converter, try searching for that; otherwise i will also try to search for you; besides try googling for other converters...

Why don't you go for Western Digital TV (WDTV)...it can play many media formats including mkv and H264...also you don't need to burn dvds...just plug your pendrive and you are done...also xtreamer is a good choice...it supports more formats than WD TV and has support of internal HDD...WDTV is available for around 7k on ebay http://cgi.ebay.in/W...=item2ea98199c7

xtreamer is available for 9k http://www.techencla...ogy-146538.html

Edited by konquerror

Yes, I am not able to search any mkv player in India. I tried on ebay.in.

I tried ojosoft total video converter. But a 350 MB file took 45 minutes to get converted to avi. Is there any fast converter available ?

I came across this page, which have some players which plays almost all the formats. But they are not available in India.

Pranav,

Thanks for your find. I think WDTV is a good option though a bit costly for the purpose. It is basically for HD output and I can do without it. Lets c.

WDTV type of hardware is the way of the future... You can use it for normal as well as high definition outputs... DVD Player's should be obsolete by another 2 years... just as video cd's came and went...

WDTV type of hardware is the way of the future... You can use it for normal as well as high definition outputs... DVD Player's should be obsolete by another 2 years... just as video cd's came and went...

Yes...I second you...thats why i told instead of spending 4 k for dvd player...go for WDTV...you won't have to do upgrade your player when you upgrade your tv in future...