Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
akash2001

Iphone Internet Access

i bought iphone 3g 3.1.2 unlock,plz any one could guide to acess internet in iphone

where what to do setting

plzzzzzzzzzz

maybe it will help u Edited by coolboyashok

i bought iphone 3g 3.1.2 unlock,plz any one could guide to acess internet in iphone

where what to do setting

plzzzzzzzzzz

If you are with Airtel or Vodafone then the settings would get activated on its own but if you are with some other provider then you will require the Access Point Name(APN) of that particular service provider. For e.g., For Idea its internet and for Aircel its aircelgprs...You will have to go to settings and there to General then Network and Select Cellular Data Network and put the APN in the desired place and thats it. The rest will be taken care by iPhone on its own.

:previous:

I think for the new operators like RGSM, Tata-DoCoMo, Uninor, !dea etc, the GPRS/WAP/MMS settings come automatically when you insert the SIM for the 1st time in your mobile. Nowadays even older cellcos like Airtel, Voda, Aircel etc provide the settings automatically. No idea about BSNL/MTNL.

I think for the new operators like RGSM, Tata-DoCoMo, Uninor, !dea etc, the GPRS/WAP/MMS settings come automatically when you insert the SIM for the 1st time in your mobile. Nowadays even older cellcos like Airtel, Voda, Aircel etc provide the settings automatically. No idea about BSNL/MTNL.

I agree to what you are saying but its not the same case with iPhone and even the service providers dont have the settings for iPhone as i have myself faced it. Even Apple hasn't incorporated the settings for all the providers but Airtel and Vodafone has been incorporated into their software because it is officially launched in India. After putting a sim when you check which network you are in(inside settings and then About) then for Airtel and Vodafone it shows their respective names but for others it shows Carrier x.0(x depends upon the version of software you are using in your iPhone). Apple has indeed made a very complicated thing.

I agree to what you are saying but its not the same case with iPhone and even the service providers dont have the settings for iPhone as i have myself faced it. Even Apple hasn't incorporated the settings for all the providers but Airtel and Vodafone has been incorporated into their software because it is officially launched in India. After putting a sim when you check which network you are in(inside settings and then About) then for Airtel and Vodafone it shows their respective names but for others it shows Carrier x.0(x depends upon the version of software you are using in your iPhone). Apple has indeed made a very complicated thing.

The automatic settings come up only in lower end phones and phones like Nikia. I have iPhone from vodafone, the apn default is iPhone but I use www. Also with htc magic the setting don't come up automatically. I have the new sim card from vodafone. Mtnl also the setting on iPhone does not come up automatically.

mine is reliance gsm

The automatic settings come up only in lower end phones and phones like Nikia. I have iPhone from vodafone, the apn default is iPhone but I use www. Also with htc magic the setting don't come up automatically. I have the new sim card from vodafone. Mtnl also the setting on iPhone does not come up automatically.

which service provider?

rgsm

I am too, using Reliance GSM (Prepaid) on a 2G iPhone (running the latest firmware).

Have you found the settings yet?

In the APN (Settings > General > Network) I typed in RcomGPRS and it did some weird stuff, but then it got an error.. I have done all of it from sending "ALL" to 55100 to trying different settings posted on the internet, but nothing seems to work, if someone has any definitive settings for iPhone to use Edge/GPRS, having Reliance Prepaid GSM, please post!

Thank you.

^^^

bro RGSM , and many other operators provide wap

it is a proxy based internet

just putting apn wont help , u have to feed other crucial details like proxyserver and port

non proxy based services only apn does the job , but not in rgsm

i think there is a way to put proxy settings in iphone , just google around

Based on THIS : : Post, in this very same section of this message board, All you have to do is, type Rcomnet in APN>Network>General>Settings of iPhone and your GPRS starts working. It's pretty cool, although i still dont know what are the rates/charges like, according to the above mentioned post, it is Rs. 2 / MB..