Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
~InDyAn~

Airtel Cheating

Hello mates,

I need your help to fight with airtel ...

I am holding a corporate connection of airtel basicaly for GPRS usage. It doesnt have Voice plan and we need to pay around rs.109/ month for that.

On 28th October 2009 near about 10-11 PM I receivedlots of sms from Airtel in which they confirmed that I have downloaded so and sostuff from Airtel Live and I have been charged for the same. I got 15-16 sms inwhich they spoke the same thing and charged accordingly for those downloads andpacks. Copy of some text messages which I received:- Thanks for downloading PillowFight from Airtel.You have been charged Rs.99.Play Games http: gclub.in http: gclub.in Thanks for downloading TrickSoccer2006 from Airtel.You have been charged Rs.50.Play Games http: gclub.in http: gclub.in Thanks for downloading Hungama content video from Airtel.You have been chargedRs.15. Play Games http: gclub.in http: gclub.in Thanks for downloading Cricket Trivia from Airtel.You have been charged Rs.50.Play Games http: gclub.in http: gclub.in

I would like to tell you that I never requested forany such pack or never downloaded any stuff from Airtel live. I reported it toAirtel 121 through e-mail as soon as possible, but first they told me to wait untill next bill comes. rs.1206 charges is added in the novemeber bill.

I contacted customer care again and request for waive off these charges coz i never downloaded it, But they said its not possible coz their log file is showing that the request for download has been generated from my cell phone only.

I appraoched to nodal officer andd appellate of delhi by email but till today i didnt get any resolution. I got reply from appellate delhi that the charges were correct and it cant be waived off.

Really disgusting they are not listening me. I am saying that i never downloaded or subscribed it but they are not ready to hear it.

I google for Gclub and found lots of airtel customers have the same issue .

some links i am pasting below... please have a look mates.

http://www.consumerc...ge-c242580.html

http://www.consumerc...in-c232116.html

http://www.complaint...rt=datea&page=1

http://www.consumerc...in-c242580.html

47 days ago by Shameer [send email]

I am also a user of airtel postpaid kerala. My number is 9995868111. Recently i got the same message 14 times continuously and charged 1406/-. I never downloaded any wallpapers or games. I have complained to the customer care. they are telling me to wait for the next bill to come. This is the problem to many of the airtel mobile internet users. Please do something urgently.

mates please tell me how to fight with airtel ? i dont find any way now :( i approached to nodal and appellate too but they are also not trusting me...

I asked mr. sameer via email (a airtel customer who also faced the same about 2 months ago) and he replied that his wrong charges was removed after approaching nodal but in my case they are not listening. i also forwarded mr sameer's number 9995868111 to cc/nodal and appelate to revise their decission but no use of giving any number.

I like to ask you mates what are the options i have? I already paid my bill but i am willing to get back my wrongly charged amount.

Regards.

Edited by ~InDyAn~

You have my support, but other than escalating to a higher court as fraud or contacting the company that made the charges, I am not sure what to do.

• Like 1

Threaten them with surrender of all the corporate connections (if possible)... If I was in your place, I WILL INFORM THEM that, I WILL NEVER PAY THE BILLS, SURRENDER ALL THOSE CONNECTIONS and do the same, if they didn't responded... Since I have very good bill pay history as I pay my Tata bills, 2 days after the bill generated...

Recently an Idea customer got 10k Rs for extra Rs10 billed, BUT AFTER MANY YEARS... So no use in going to Nodal... Just fight back like I said, if possible... :catfight::threatenlumber::boxing::bash::death:

Before that, ask your family members, if anyone have used ur mobile and done something @ that time told by CC fellows... :thumb:

Edited by kanagadeepan
  • Like 1

Bro, My company will not threat them at all and my family have my mom-dad only so their is no subject of its was used by them. Its my personal cell which i use for CRMS.

Any other way ? please

- Try to solve this politely. Force is not always good.

- Coax them firmly that you have other ways to resort to but since you want to clear this amicably, you are not using those ways.

- Take copies of those sites where you found other people having problems. Talk to them and ind out more.

- Visit the head office and talk to the senior-most person, with due respect and the firmness of an aggrieved customer. Be within your limits and within your rights. Situation should get solved.

• Like 1

Airtel is always one of the biggest fraud. one of my friend took the Airtel broadband in noida. he was using plan with download cap. when he recieved the bill he found that they have charged him for the time when he was not at home and his modem was swithed off. he denied to pay the bill to them and asked them to take the connection back. After that Airtel was forced to waivoff the charges.

• Like 1

Why did u made the payment?? :Decepcionado:

Now to get the waiver for old bill seems tough..

Lets hope u get the waiver.. :)

try to talk with airtel customer care and sort it out,

but if u cant threat them you have weak point there,

if u say take back the connection i am not going to pay, they will solve ur problem quickly.

by the way airtel is one of the fraudster around.

• Like 1

This is mainly not because airtel is purposely doing fraud, the problem is lack of security in the setup. Anybody with a pc and airtel connection can fake the msisdn with simple tools and download contents on account of any airtel number(through wap sites).

This happened because somebody else has put a mobile number to download these contents and that number happened to be yours. Airtel can sure find out the person by pulling out logs from which gprs account the pages were processed.

• Like 1

:previous:

Dear ashok ji,

Could you please show me the way to bring down airtel? One of airtel rm already given me the log file in which all the downloaded items are mentioned and from where it was downloaded. I asked him it doesn't mean that the request for download is generated from my IMIE. For that he told me my handset model and plan ... LOL

What i can say now. any customer care executive can find out that which handset is currently in used with xyz number in device manager.

One thing i experienced that they are just giving false statement instead of fix their system fault. I am really like a handicap coz its not my individual connection so i have limitations to approach higher authorities/court. On the other hand even my seniors are not ready to accept that its a airtel fault. so they are not taking any further action. My seniors said that if its global issue then why not other employee come with the same issue to us. we have more than 400 connections and no one is complaining about it. You by mistake downloaded it or pressed some key :)

But mates i need justice, when i never downloaded or subscribed why should i pay the amount (which i already padi)

I am feeling like to throw airtel (why airtel is not a human :P) infornt of running train..

Regards.

PS:- one thing i must say in customer satisfaction reliance is the best. At least reliance hear the customer voice when you approach right place.

This is mainly not because airtel is purposely doing fraud, the problem is lack of security in the setup. Anybody with a pc and airtel connection can fake the msisdn with simple tools and download contents on account of any airtel number(through wap sites).

This happened because somebody else has put a mobile number to download these contents and that number happened to be yours. Airtel can sure find out the person by pulling out logs from which gprs account the pages were processed.

Sir, One more request. Could you please help me out by giving the method which you are talking about. So that i use this method to download on my senior number's and that RM number just to show them how innocent i am this all scene.

If its illegal to ask here then i am sorry for asking but i really need them to teach a lesson. to airtel and my seniors who is not trusting me.

If possible plz PM me... I will be very obliged...

Regards

Today i got a call from nodal officer and she credited back rs .1016 to my account. First she tried to settle down the issue by saying it was not wrongly charged, but when i said that i am going to bring these all thing to media and consumer court she told me to get a waiver of rs 500 but i said why should i pay the rest amount if i never used those services. Then she said ok i am credting back you rs 1000.

I thought let settle down the dispute and agree for that. Still they charged rs 206 rs more but no issue. atleast i got back my 1k back...

:winko:

Why only Airtel. Given a whiff of a chance they will all rip you off!!!!

True airtel is one big chor... even i have been subscribed to friendz chat withoutht my consent and deducting 2 rs / day after one month they have finally stopped after i approached their higher authorities , they are resorting to this chori because they know tariffs are falling and they cannot get their costs back :Equivocado:

I never had similar experience with BSNL (who will take the stolen money, thus no fraud) or with my current TataIndicom postpaid connection. Tata has been voted as the most trusted Indian brand.

yes MTNL and BSNL network may not be upto mark but atleast they dont resort to such cheap tactics and TATA is pretty fair too unlike Airtel.. :NOTriste:

Today i got a call from nodal officer and she credited back rs .1016 to my account. First she tried to settle down the issue by saying it was not wrongly charged, but when i said that i am going to bring these all thing to media and consumer court she told me to get a waiver of rs 500 but i said why should i pay the rest amount if i never used those services. Then she said ok i am credting back you rs 1000.

I thought let settle down the dispute and agree for that. Still they charged rs 206 rs more but no issue. atleast i got back my 1k back...

Happy to know you have succeeded.

• Like 1

Happy to know you have succeeded.

Tnanks 

I never had similar experience with BSNL (who will take the stolen money, thus no fraud) or with my current TataIndicom postpaid connection. Tata has been voted as the most trusted Indian brand.

I bought TATA indicom about 2 months back and these 2 months experience is the worst i ever faced with any other service provider. The customer care is pathetic and i had beed charged for love alert and caller without my consent.

After complaining at tata indicom forum i got my refund back.

I think Reliance is the best among all... At least they care for customers... IMHO