Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Aussie

Mobile Internet Rates Slashed, Quota Increased!

it seem effective December 1st 2009, mobile internet charges on Reliance CDMA/GSM has changed. Details on website, RWorld link on handset says default plan at 50p/1MB and surprisingly quota has been upgraded BIGGGG time , existing plan of Rs99/300MB from earlier 20MB, Rs199/750MB from earlier 100MB, Day Pass gives 25MB from earlier 10MB......also there is an Unlimited Plan at Rs.299??? Anybody please confirm this.......Any prepaid users????

• Like 2

Now that is stupendous ... I wasn't missing mobile internet since my Mogul is down and I was using TATA which had a good 1k minutes in Rs. 225..... but ever since I shifted to Reliance, i was wondering about its MI plans ... now my Mogul is in the Gaurav Garage ... winko.gif When it returns, I should be a happy camper!

still i am not clear abt two things: if i am opting 299 unlimited plan then whats:

a.) Network Usage

(On Net)

b.) Charges between Quota.

i hope some one can help me on this.

It's just awesome...way to go reliance :)

Seems it's time switch from Vodafone GSM to Reliance GSM GirandoOjos.gif

Edited by konquerror

Is the offer available with prepaid RGSM too?

Should I goto local mobile wala or call customer care to activate the plan ..

Please Dont Get Excited

This is WAP only Plan you can not User true Internet on this

• Like 1

Only thing irritating is the network usage charges of 5p/10kb for cdma subscribers whereas for gsm, no such charges are there.... still a big initiative... people I know, r in talks with senior officials in reliance to change that also...

update: just heard these charges are effective only on usage with a proxy server and not without... so doesnt seem anything much to get excited about...thats why they r charging 5p/10kb in cdma as we can surf internet without proxy server which is not possible in gsm...

Edited by dkaile

Well friends can u please let me know if there are any changes in DAPO plan where we dont pay for network usage charges. If i continue to use r-connect using proxy like sam1 or UTS then will i be charged ?? because till today i am not been charged for it and hope for the same . One thing i m not getting is that in default internet plan they say network usage charges apply i.e. 5p/10kb and on other side they say 50p/1mb what does this mean. Will i be charged for downloading ??

Please help!!!

no doubt RIM has taken great inititaives. at least they are offering something for customers. since last 1 month they very aggressive. They have lowered the call rates roaming rates SMS rates and now they are planning to reduce the internet rates. so any customer friendly move is always welcome.

Great News, ON Jan 1,2010. I am switching my Loop number to Reliance GSM

Edited by sajokj

1 While browsing Mobile Internet, Network Usage Charges of 5p/10kb are applicable to all CDMA users

2 All GSM/CDMA, a Fair Usage Policy of 2GB per month applies for Unlimited Mobile Internet Plan Rs. 299.

I feel that reliance should come up with some simple data plans, plan charges + data charges looks confusing to me

Is any of this plan applicable to GSM rconnect?

nope, just for mobile internet through proxy (i.e. RWorld connection)

in any case for dapo everything is free i presume. proxy or no proxy. plan or no plan. am i right?

Can anyone let us know the position for Opera Mini users on CDMA as well as GSM under the above new M.I. Plans of RCOM?

And what is this "Charges Between Quota"?

Here are few clarifications.

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan --> Internet in Mobile

Rconnect --> Internet through mobile

This thread and charges are related only to Internet in Mobile.

For CDMA::

5p/10kb is applicable only to CDMA users as network usage charge while moving across R-World till you hit browser in the R-World.

After hitting the browser the data plan charges apply at the rate of 50p/1MB after exhausting your free quota.

Free quota is only used against data consumption after hitting the browser.

For GSM::

Browsing within R-World is free

"Charges between Quota" should read as "Charges beyond Quota".

Can anybody clarify...what would be the total cost if i want to surf internet on my mobile (through WAP) and through PC?