Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Aussie

Mobile Internet Rates Slashed, Quota Increased!

why cdma users pay Network Usage charges??? 5p/10kb

i download 1 mb what my Network Usage charges ??

per session calculation??

i also rworld L1 plan using any benifit for me??

Are there any plans for GSM rconnect? 60 paise per min is very expensive ..

Also whenever I checks the email on my cell using mobile outloook ... the connection don't get disconnected by itself after outlook disconnects ..

I have to manually end the connections from connection manager :(

1. i am using opera surfing in cdma, i was charged only 10p/10kb so far.. no other charges.. with the new plan what is the charge for opera browsing ? 5p/10kb ?? note: i have not subscribed to any packs..

2. i was expecting 1p/10kb tariff..

To make it simple, onnet(R-World) is charged at 5p/10Kb and offnet(all internet sites) is charged at 50p/1MB.

Free quota is applicable only for Offnet and after exhausting free quota, offnet will be charged at 50p/1MB.

For GSM users, the free browsing within R-World (onnet) is provided as introductory offer.

But be careful, the pulse for offnet is 1MB. Even 1 Kb will be charged 50p and 1025 Kb will be charged Re.1

To compare it with older plans, previously all offnet and onnet were charged at 10p/10Kb

• Like 1

For CDMA::

5p/10kb is applicable only to CDMA users as network usage charge while moving across R-World till you hit browser in the R-World.

After hitting the browser the data plan charges apply at the rate of 50p/1MB after exhausting your free quota.

Free quota is only used against data consumption after hitting the browser.

"Charges between Quota" should read as "Charges beyond Quota".

To make it simple, onnet(R-World) is charged at 5p/10Kb and offnet(all internet sites) is charged at 50p/1MB.

Free quota is applicable only for Offnet and after exhausting free quota, offnet will be charged at 50p/1MB.

But be careful, the pulse for offnet is 1MB. Even 1 Kb will be charged 50p and 1025 Kb will be charged Re.1

u mean for cdma, even if i subscibe for any data plan i have to pay Rs5p/1okb, if i surf r world

and what will happen if i use OMH handset supporting offnet browsing only??

"charges between quota" means pulse for changing while free usage or after free usage is Rs0.5/MB correct??

let me know if i am wrong

For GSM users, the free browsing within R-World (onnet) is provided as introductory offer.

To compare it with older plans, previously all offnet and onnet were charged at 10p/10Kb

Judging from previous reliance tricks, i fear for 1 MB, in addition to 50p, they may charge (1024/10)x0.05 = Rs 5.12.

So 1MB actually works out to 0.50 + 5.12 = Rs 5.62. And similarly in the other plans. Or am I wrong? I hope so!

Edited by nshram

I am unable to use data for anything (outpllok, surfing, updating weather etc.)using the UTS userid with or without proxy. In internet explorer it says, you are trying to access a website outside r world, default plan charges of 50p/ mb will apply.

Is someone else facing this? Any workaround?

i believe the days of free data dor DAPO users are finally over/

Judging from previous reliance tricks, i fear for 1 MB, in addition to 50p, they may charge (1024/10)x0.05 = Rs 5.12.

So 1MB actually works out to 0.50 + 5.12 = Rs 5.62. And similarly in the other plans. Or am I wrong? I hope so!

Nope....you'll be charged 50p for offnet browsing and for very tiny R-World usage which you might have used to reach the browser (say 1Kb for which you'll be charged 5p). In total you'll be charged 55p.

opera browsing not working, but able to browse 3rd party websites through rworld..

btw - what is a session? how is it calculated ?

Edited by savramesh

:previous:

OM not working here also.... What are the charges for browsing 3rd party websites on RWorld? And if we subscribe to any of the plans, will OM work?

I feel it is now high-time to dump RCDMA and move onto RGSM, as there are so many problems with SMS in CDMA and then this L1 plan has been rendered useless, if I am not wrong. And the native browser in Nokia is so yucky, OM is far, far, far superior....

What is to be done with L1 plan now? It is of no use, if I am not wrong?

:NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

Edited by KumaarShah

For CDMA::

5p/10kb is applicable only to CDMA users as network usage charge while moving across R-World till you hit browser in the R-World.

After hitting the browser the data plan charges apply at the rate of 50p/1MB after exhausting your free quota.

Free quota is only used against data consumption after hitting the browser.

"Charges between Quota" should read as "Charges beyond Quota".

u mean for cdma, even if i subscibe for any data plan i have to pay Rs5p/1okb, if i surf r world

and what will happen if i use OMH handset supporting offnet browsing only??

"charges between quota" means pulse for changing while free usage or after free usage is Rs0.5/MB correct??

let me know if i am wrong

OMH SIM of reliance will have R-World access inbuilt.

So OMH handsets can also browse R-World if they use Reliance OMH SIM.

Yes. In CDMA, even if you subscribe for any data plan you have to pay Rs5p/10kb, if you surf R-world along with charges associated with any particular R-World application used.

Edited by kesav

opera browsing not working, but able to browse 3rd party websites through rworld..

btw - what is a session? how is it calculated ?

The term session is used to mean that you cannot add the previous session's usage bits to the next session to make 1 MB.

It's like per minute pulse of voice calls. You cannot add the seconds across calls to make one minute.

i think L1 is waste now..

btw when i tried to browse 3rd party site through rworld, i got subscribed to default plan 50p/1MB.. got an sms too..

"Thank you, your mobile internet data plan has been changed as per request.."

but still opera mini not working.. [other internet applications are also not working..]

The term session is used to mean that you cannot add the previous session's usage bits to the next session to make 1 MB.

It's like per minute pulse of voice calls. You cannot add the seconds across calls to make one minute.

i mean, how do they calculate "a session" ?

suppose if i browse a couple of pages, then was idle for some time and again i browsed some pages.. ??

what separates 2 sessions ?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :

Previously I was unable to visit many sites through Rel MobileWorld (with proxy) connection; and most of us were using sam1 type connections without proxy; Now sam1 type without proxy connections seems to have been BLOCKED; but no problems; I have set default connection to Rel MobileWorld (with proxy) and tried using my opera/ie browser on phone and it took me Rworld site and informed me that effective 1st Dec my default plan has been shifted to 50p/Mb and then asked for my approval, which i gave and also informed me the additional 5p/10kb NUC charges, which also I said OK to; then from next time I was able to ACCESS ALL INTERNET SITES through the Mobile World (with proxy) connection; which was not the case prior to 1st dec...

so all in all I think its GOOD; charges will now be 50p/MB + 5p/10Kb NUC (in comparison to 10p/10kb we were paying earlier in without proxy connections);

I have accessed many sites, updated my weather, done activesync to google server etc. etc.; and everything seems to be working with the MobileWorld connection through proxy...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

This is exactly what I was explaning.

Thanks for updating real time experience.

Session:: Session will end only when you close the browser.

Nope....you'll be charged 50p for offnet browsing and for very tiny R-World usage which you might have used to reach the browser (say 1Kb for which you'll be charged 5p). In total you'll be charged 55p.

hmmm... what is meant by "reach the browser" (using R-World)? i don't use R-World application at all for browsing. Only use opera and similar other browsers. but i do hope your 55p for 1 MB calculation is true!

i think L1 is waste now..

btw when i tried to browse 3rd party site through rworld, i got subscribed to default plan 50p/1MB.. got an sms too..

"Thank you, your mobile internet data plan has been changed as per request.."

but still opera mini not working.. [other internet applications are also not working..]

Yes, so now onwards, only native browsers will work in all handsets, Has anyone else tried subscribing to the other data plans and checked if OM or any such app is working without any hitches?

So now can I de-activate my L1 plan? or should I wait for some more time to get a clearer view?

• Like 1

R-World has in-built browser for Java based phones(like LG6130) which you've to download before start browsing.

In case you're using browsers which you've installed in your phones, you'll incur only offnet charges of 50p/MB.

Edited by kesav

None of the other browsers are working even with the default 50ps/Mb plan...

Hope they change things....

Once again, my OM has started working, will have to wait for the bill to know the reality!!!!

^

Both my IE and Opera are working on Windows Mobile based phones; all sites r opening; and if kesav is right, since we accessing sites without going through Rworld, we shall only be paying 50p/MB.... GREAT...

for me OM still not working, will wait for some time..

Session:: Session will end only when you close the browser.

is this applicable to opera mini or only for default browser (rworld) ??