Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Atlast Bsnl Cuts Roaming Rates By 70 Per Cent, Roam At 1paisa

GOOD to see, BSNL also woke up now... :clap: :clap: :clap:

At last the sleeping giant has woken up!!!!!!!

Makes no difference to me because i was forced to surrender my mom's BSNL postpaid and take a new RGSM prepaid connection after their terrible network coverage in Bangalore city. Call drops, bad call quality, you name it and it was there!!!!!!!!!!

Worst thing was that after 6PM in the evening until 8PM it was impossible to make calls due to network congestion.

^

blame it on raja, who was/is stopping gear procurement

Edited by ravi_patent

BSNL, I guess, has its worst service in Banglore. The best service in Banglore, even for landlines, is from Airtel.

I agree with you 100% that BSNL is currently one of the underperforming telcos in the country. There was a time especially under the previous telecom minister Mr. Dayanidhi Maran, when BSNL had ushered in a lot of freshness and innovativeness in the way they functioned. That was one of the main reasons that had attracted me to take a BSNL postpaid connection at that point of time and added to the fact that BSNL was very transparent in issues like billing etc. The Customer service centres were opened for bill payments/complaints etc even on holidays.

Also, the coverage was the best when compared to the then incumbents like Vodafone(then Hutch), Bharti Airtel etc. But now gradually the network coverage has deteriorated drastically epecially in Bangalore. I have taken the connection on roaming to Kerala as well where i find that the network is slightly better even though it is not as bad as bangalore.

The worst problem is during peak times when a error message is continously displayed Error in Connection

Its a very good move indeed and that too quite swift I would say.

NOW BSNL also brings sleepless nights for Airtel and Vodafone... :rofl_200: :rofl_200: