Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

samsung corby is first 3g phone in India biggrin.gif

It works on EVDO for Data and 1x for Voice/SMS.

and best part is both works simultaneously.

You need to have OMH sim for same.

What does OMH stands for and what is the use ???

There is a lot of confusion here

Firstly the front page advertisement in Times of INDIA is of CDMA CORBY SPEED

Secondly the other OMNIA Handsets with reliance is of GSM Series written below the logo of Reliance Comm

Hope so no confusion is there as both the advertisements were published in Times of INDIA all over INDIA in todays edition

I am getin corby in Mumbai @ 9250 think shud wait 4 few days!

I checked with one of the dealer in Bangalore as mentioned in TOI adv. and he quoted 9200/- ( all inclusive) with 2GB memory card.

He said it will be available from tomorrow onwards.

available here in meerut for 8900/-; it comes with an OHM Ruim in which you can get any no. transferred of any cdma service provider;

available here in meerut for 8900/-; it comes with an OHM Ruim in which you can get any no. transferred of any cdma service provider;

But does it supports Broadband as advertised, with reliance or tata

its possible use old no.

our its for new connection.

its possible to use broadband with it, but only tata as of now; they hv introduced plan of 28/- per day + 50p/MB...

Reliance,Tata Indicom and MTS India offers Free Internet with Samsung Corby Speed

In a bid to promote newly launched power packed Samsung Corby Speed mobile phone (SCH-F339) among CDMA mobile service users of India, leading CDMA playersReliance Communications, Tata Indicom and MTS India announced attractive FREE Internet/Data usage offers bundled with the phone.

On the purchases of Samsung Corby Speed, Reliance Mobile (CDMA) offers 15 GB FREE Data for its Post paid subscribers with a validity of 2 months while for prepaid users the Free Data cap is 10 GB with 1 month validity from the date of activations.

Tata Indicom already introduces their specially tailored Plans for this new phone as earlier we shared on TelecomTalk. Indicom’s new and existing CDMA mobile subscriber who opt the Samsung Corby Speed will eligible to get FREE data usage of 10 GB with any plan with a validity of 2 months. MTS India the latest entrant in the CDMA mobile service market offers Free data usage of 15 GB with 3 month validity (5 GB x3 Month) with Unlimited Free access of Yahoo India, Wikipedia and MakeMyTrip travel website.

Samsung’s CORBY mobile phone range is already selling like ‘hot cakes’ phone and now the company added another charm to CDMA front in India with the launch of Corby Speed.

We have summed up full specification of “Samsung Corby Speed” CDMA Mobile Phone and free data offers by all CDMA players. Here is the details-

Free Internet/Data Usage offers bundled with handset

Reliance Mobile-15 GB FREE Data for its Postpaid subscribers with a validity of 2 months while for prepaid users the Free Data cap is 10GB with 1 month validity.

Tata Indicom- FREE data usage of 10 GB with any plan (Postpaid and Prepaid) with a validity of 2 months.

MTS India- FREE data usage of 15 GB with 3 month validity (5GBx3 Months) with Unlimited Free access of Yahoo India, Wikipedia and MakeMyTrip travel website.

???????its reliance existing customer??????

Edited by kk999

They should offer free talktime as well. It would drive up the sale on the new year.

how it can be possible one OMH sim actvted on any cdma operator?

do u mean tata. reliance.virgin.mts.mtnl.bsnl also?

wat ir trf cost?

@kk999

no whr it is mention that rcom data is on evdo or 1x.

mts and tata surely evdo

hetal bhai where did u get corby dealer name please

i asked for this phone and the shopkeeper said its for 10,300 Rs.. :(

cant wait to buy this mobile but sumone said that samsung will be launching other corby versions in cdma also... it would be great if corby plus gets launched in cdma as it has a slider qwerty keypad also.. but god knows , it can take time. i own MTS so will get it and will enjoy 15GB free usage for 3 months... MTS is offering this superb plan.. 15 GB surfing free for first 3 months (5 GB per month.)

some queries :-

1) can group sms can be send from handset itself (no pc studio software required) ??

2) can sms be transfered to computer ?

3) u got this phone on Dealer Price ??

4) to take benefit of data plans given by MTS or Tata, do i have to buy this phone from them ? Or i can buy it from market and they will still give me benefits of their data plans ??

price not justifiable,GSM avialble at 6500....but i would also like to buy if it will have EVDO,

same as i expected.

thanks to samsung.

thanks to tata for enabling evdo.

but with EVDO rev A. why it has 2.4 mbps and not 3.1mbps.

hetal plz post ur review

I think this phone is EVDO Rev.0 and not EVDO Rev.A

Even the official site shows only the speed of 2.4 Mbps

CDMA providers allowed to give EVDO based data connections irrespective its phone or PC.. as phones now a days are like PC..

what not allowed is 3G based services such as Video calling and Live TV etc..

fight for this with GSM guys are now open secret.. that 3G been delayed by CDMA providers to start high speed data on phone though its walled garden..

OMH (Open Market Handset) is CDMA smart card which cant be MIN locked.. and comes with Diamond logo (See attachment)

u cant transfer inter service providers on OMH SIM though.. Its kinda GSM SIM card.. like u can change handset with same sim card.. as it saves ur IMSI and roaming list in it.. and u dont need further programming..

will update u all if this corby high speed connections can be used with other handsets..

5851_254982285006_250323040006_8230986_6017849_n.jpg

@kesav

plz go thru spec.

it is EVDO Rev A not rev0.

@sadik

u mean one omh sim=one mob num=one operator?

and u said once numbr gets actvtd by corby can be usd by othr handset like mogul?

OMH RUIM only have OMH 1x and DO Profile written in Some NVitem so you dont need to provide UTS SC810 or SAM1 type password there. Nothing Else

Note:- It is necessary to *228 your new OMH sim card from Corby Handset, in order to get

EVDO enabled on this handset,

Proactively, backend activated EVDO on the MDN within 4 hours of OTAF on Corby handset.

Otherwise, EVDO wont get activated, and process will become quite long.

Suppose you still have OMH sim which you are using with another phone which is activated fully and working;

you shouldnot just slip that sim in new corby (advisable not mandatory)

You should purchase new OMH sim and inser blank new OMH sim in Corby and OTAF it again from Corby,

So that backend activated EVDO on it.

This is easiest way of activation of EVDO on Corby.

For postpaid users:- After 4 hours, call 180030005555 and ask for a BB Plan

which is free for 2 months.

For prepaid users:- After 4 hours, you will get 10GB Free automatically,

next months onwards recharge.

samsung corby is first 3g phone in India :D

It works on EVDO for Data and 1x for Voice/SMS.

and best part is both works simultaneously.

There are several 3G phones in the market, but mostly in GSM/WCDMA and there are only two operators with 3G service, MTNL and BSNL.

To be truely 3G, the service must offer video call facility and not just high speed data and normal voice calls.

This hand-set does not have a secondary camera for video call, so it can never become a full 3G phone, even when the service is officially launched.

But its definitely the best option for now.

Wow ! This phone seems very exciting..

But the question is whether Samsung is smart enough in giving the OMH RUIM Card along with the phone (both TATA/Reliancel) or do we need to hunt for it ?

CDMA providers allowed to give EVDO based data connections irrespective its phone or PC.. as phones now a days are like PC..

fight for this with GSM guys are now open secret.. that 3G been delayed by CDMA providers to start high speed data on phone though its walled garden..

Not Exactly.

Video calling and Live TV are just features which you can use in 3G and certainly does not characterize 3G.

3G is broad term which covers the protocols like EvDO,WCDMA,HSDPA etc., which can provide speed above 1 Mbps

CDMA guys are trying back door entry here.

They started EVDO in USB modems saying that its just mobile broadband and not 3G in mobile.

They in the pretext of improving broadband penetration fooled Govt to accept that argument.

Now they're applying same logic here in mobiles too.

Now I need Govt. to come clear on this policy.

Is operator allowed to provide any service(2G or 3G) with their available spectrum?

If yes, then its great thing for CDMA operators. They can kick-start their 3G operations without waiting for auction.

Edited by kesav

@kesav

plz go thru spec.

it is EVDO Rev A not rev0.

Exactly.

I've seen in the post of one of our members mentioning it's a Rev.A

What I feel is that it might be a misquotation.

I've not seen any official spec mentioning it as Rev.A so for.

Samsung Official website mentions only speed of 2.4 Mbps which is basically Rev.0 speed.

OMH (Open Market Handset) is CDMA smart card which cant be MIN locked.. and comes with Diamond logo (See attachment)

u cant transfer inter service providers on OMH SIM though.. Its kinda GSM SIM card.. like u can change handset with same sim card.. as it saves ur IMSI and roaming list in it.. and u dont need further programming..

will update u all if this corby high speed connections can be used with other handsets..

5851_254982285006_250323040006_8230986_6017849_n.jpg

Sadikk Bhai, now I am using Tata Indicom's RUIM card (for 3 years) on any CDMA phone, even a RIM Nokia handset with RUIM slot... So how a CDMA OMH card, differs from my RUIM card???

Thanks a lot...

Video calling and Live TV are just features which you can use in 3G and certainly does not characterize 3G.

??

I said 3G based services.. and yes CDMA providers are allowed to provide and use their allotted spectrum.

Now I need Govt. to come clear on this policy.

U want government to come clear?? what?? :)