Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

Hi Ankur,

can you please confirm whether Corby can play mp4 videos, because other samsung cdma phones, specifically F series, cannot play mp4 other than those recorded by their own camera

:help::help::help:

also, is it possible to send jpeg/mp4 files via mms

thanx in advance

btw i am getting it @8800 here in delhi but the dealer is asking for 200 xtra for OMH sim :NOTriste:

also RW/RMS guys don't even know about corby/OMH sim, i have been to 3 already :angry:

but reliance posted info about corby on rcom today so i am hopeful that RW/RMS can now help me on this, no info about OMH on rcom as yet though

Can any body tell if this phone supports whitelist/ blacklist. I mean can you block specific callers or allow only specific callers.

yup.. supports blacklist...

Thanks!

What about white list? Can you allow calls only from, say, your home and a couple of friends while blocking rest on the world when you are on a vacation?

I am a little confused about the battery backup of the phone. In post #143 kumar_amit01 experienced a superior battery performance of 4hrs continous TT+12 hrs standby time.

Whereas according to ankur1986 he got a very average battery performance of just about 13 hrs with medium usge (Post #173)

Is this huge discrepancy due to some change in settings or technical issues?????????????

I am getting 3 Days Full Backup on Battery

I am a little confused about the battery backup of the phone. In post #143 kumar_amit01 experienced a superior battery performance of 4hrs continous TT+12 hrs standby time.

Whereas according to ankur1986 he got a very average battery performance of just about 13 hrs with medium usge (Post #173)

Is this huge discrepancy due to some change in settings or technical issues?????????????

i had completely charged two and half days ago...now 2 bars are there..

i would have spoken around 60 ~ 70 mins and sent quite a few sms + R&D of phone settings...

so, under normal usage condition one should be getting 1.5 ~ 2 days of back up..but it would be better to check the battery life after few full charges.

since the back light goes off almost instantaneously, the battery life is somewhat increased...

i had completely charged two and half days ago...now 2 bars are there..

i would have spoken around 60 ~ 70 mins and sent quite a few sms + R&D of phone settings...

so, under normal usage condition one should be getting 1.5 ~ 2 days of back up..but it would be better to check the battery life after few full charges.

since the back light goes off almost instantaneously, the battery life is somewhat increased...

My friend's Corby (GSM version with same features and battery capacity) works for only 10-12 hours after a full night charge! Poor show!

^^^ Battery must be having a defect..

10-12 hrs standby is not acceptable even by Pakistan's standards.

I am again Saying it works for Full 3 days is not it CLEAR...

Some Battery can be Defective or some area due to poor Coverage Battery s**ks ...

CORBY CDMA Gives me Full 3 days

I am using Corby Speed since last 5 days.. I am experiencing a great battery life.. I get standby of 2 days minimum..

Hi,

can anyone please confirm whether Corby can play mp4 videos other than those recorded by its own camera

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

@ankur

Thanks for details reviws, and ur effort.

13 hrs is low, even not 1 full day :NOTriste:

wat about group sms??

good to see that it support .vcf for phonebook.

plz revew inernet, get OMH sim from dealer.distributor. etc

sorry sorry sorry... That was a typing mistake... it was supposed to be 23 hours

this time when i charged it fully, battery lasted for about 22 hours with medium usage again (my medium usage means 2-3 hours of songs playback on earphone, 30 minutes of sending messages to friends. and 15-20 minutes call time... it may be considered heavy usage also.. :P )

Group sms is supported... just like other phones we can send msg to a group of contacts (groups can be created in phonebook)

MTS's OMH sim not available in our area... :(

3 days ??? :confuse:

does it remain in standby mode all the time ?? or u use it also ??;)

Hi Ankur,

can you please confirm whether Corby can play mp4 videos, because other samsung cdma phones, specifically F series, cannot play mp4 other than those recorded by their own camera

:help: :help: :help:

thanx in advance

cant say about mms .. coz i am not having data services... but ya when u go in create new multimedia msg section, it lets u add jpeg files to it.... it means ki it supports sending jpeg files via mms...

sorry sorry sorry... That was a typing mistake... it was supposed to be 23 hours

Group sms is supported... just like other phones we can send msg to a group of contacts (groups can be created in phonebook)

thanks for good review, hope my set will come to me soon,

it was feeling good, after listening 3days back up :Ohhhh:

but ankur's question is really valid??

but i thnik hetal's usage might be low, and coverage is good, with saving in backlight..

ankur why don't u write email to mts office to get omh sim,

Tata also not provinding MTS sim.

Hi Ankur,

:help: :help: :help:

thanx in advance

cant say about mms .. coz i am not having data services... but ya when u go in create new multimedia msg section, it lets u add jpeg files to it.... it means ki it supports sending jpeg files via mms...

Thanx ankur for your time and consideration,

can you also please confirm whether it can play videos other than those recorded by its own camera

thanx again

From where I can buy Corby CDMA in trivandrum??

@ankur

wat about group sms??

this time when i charged it fully, battery lasted for about 22 hours with medium usage again (my medium usage means 2-3 hours of songs playback on earphone, 30 minutes of sending messages to friends. and 15-20 minutes call time... it may be considered heavy usage also.. :P )

Hw many contacts we can add in one Group and Hw many groups can be created?

Edited by Gauravsinghal

^^^ Good question..

My current Nokia 3125 supports only 16 groups with 10 names each.

Nokia 2865 supported only 10 groups with 10 names each..

Although im sure, there would have been great improvements in the CDMA handsets as far as groups are concerned as both these Nokia sets (that im currently using) are more than 2-3 yrs old.

Can any body tell if this phone supports whitelist/ blacklist. I mean can you block specific callers or allow only specific callers.

yup.. supports blacklist...

Thanks!

What about white list? Can you allow calls only from, say, your home and a couple of friends while blocking rest on the world when you are on a vacation?

@ Ankur,

Edited by pavneet

Hi,

I too bought the phone and was able to get the new RUIM from reliance for about Rs. 100. All applications work fine.

Do check with an alternate webworld.

I got a samsung corby cdma [sCH F339] and i am happy with it's basic functions and features but i am not able to access R World and any of the promised social networking sites! The error msg i get is "please upgrade your R-UIM in order to obtain data services".

I approached the Web world and the people were not even aware that this model has been launched, so they were not able to help me and on approaching the customer care she had registered the issue. I wonder what i shd do!

Hi Hetsl,

I too got the corby speed. Just wondering if there was a way of adding applications to it.

Do let me know.

I am again Saying it works for Full 3 days is not it CLEAR...

Some Battery can be Defective or some area due to poor Coverage Battery s**ks ...

CORBY CDMA Gives me Full 3 days

Hi,

I too bought the phone and was able to get the new RUIM from reliance for about Rs. 100. All applications work fine.

Do check with an alternate webworld.

how is internet speed, and EVDO works or not with OMH sim with logo on throw away plastic???

wat is download and upload speeD?

Hi Can anyone tell me how to connect this phone to get the broadband features? Do you need any other software? Also does thsi mean you can also surf internet in the phone at high speed. I am so confused

@ankur

wat about group sms??

Guys....i will have to take back my sentence on the battery life made earlier..only for the 1st charge i got 2.5 days.....now i am not even getting one day battery backup with full charge...that too, i only make or receive calls (not more than 60 mins of talk time). i neither play mp3 or fm nor browse....battery backup seems to be a major issue....added to it the charging time is very high ; close to 4 hrs...so, pls purchase this phone only if you are not worried abt battery backup...

previous.gifThat's really sad...it seems Samsung has bloated this phone with crappy applications...which keeps on running always and eating battery sad.gif

Hi there if anyone could help me how to transfer contacts from Motorola to smasung corby speed cdma