Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

@bhavesh

you should have read this forum before buying ...

Do anyone have information to explain details & Reliance internet & EVDO settings of using Samsung Corby Speed as modem for surfing on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. signthankspin.gif

Again today when I enquired with reliance customer care, I was informed that EVDO services are not yet launched in my hometown city of HUBLI in Karnataka, I was also informed by them that at present there are not any drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7 are available for using Samsung Corby Speed as Modem to surf internet on PC.

This is to inform you all freinds that I purchased Samsung Corby Speed from Reliance Web World at Hubli on 09-02-2010 and I was surprised to see my Reliance Postpaid bill Dated o7-03-2010 wherein I was charged Rs.250/- plus taxes as VPN charges. On enquiry at customer care I was informed that by default it is activated with every Samsung Corby Handsets. On my request for deactivation of VPN and reversing the VPN billed charges, as no request was given from my end, a complain was registered yesterday and today I receved a call from Reliance cusyomer care informing that the VPN charges of your bill will be reversed in my next bill. So freends any comment?

:previous:

read topic again

Hi Hetal

You seem to be the guru on the CDMA phones out here, nice going. My concern is a little different, I have the Samsung Corby CDMA, got the EVDO activated. I have set up a Dial up networking access, on my win xp on my laptop to #777, and i am easily able to connect to the net. The problem is my modem config settings dont allow me to set the max speed beyond 921000, whereas i need is 2300000, as you are aware.

How do u connect beyond those speeds ?? and i am not able to access data services thru the samsung software, i am able synch send sms, and other stuff but cant connect.

Secondly when u access youtube, somehow the volume output is pretty bad, even at full, i have to put my headphone with the kit at full vol to hear anything, cant seem to control the vol in the mini browser.

Any Tips and advice??

Cheers

:GirandoOjos:

Bluetooth Works on Serial Port Protocols which have max 480,000 Bytes per Second Speed in Theory so what ever u get is best

always use Data Cable or Wifi Tethering (in case of Windows or Android Phones)

Synchronous Serial Cable can Support speed upto 2.4 mbps i have a Leased Line on E1 link hooked to Cisco Serial Port @ 2.4 mbps So Samsung Limited the capability at Serial Cable Driver, We dont have much CHoice here

can we use existing T-sim of Nokia 6275 in this?

^

AFAIK it will.

One of my palz is using corby in Tata from the old sim!

But whats THIS VPN RENTAL all about !!!!

Do anyone have information to explain details & Reliance internet & EVDO settings of using Samsung Corby Speed as modem for surfing on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. signthankspin.gif

Again today when I enquired with reliance customer care, I was informed that EVDO services are not yet launched in my hometown city of HUBLI in Karnataka, I was also informed by them that at present there are not any drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7 are available for using Samsung Corby Speed as Modem to surf internet on PC.

This is to inform you all freinds that I purchased Samsung Corby Speed from Reliance Web World at Hubli on 09-02-2010 and I was surprised to see my Reliance Postpaid bill Dated o7-03-2010 wherein I was charged Rs.250/- plus taxes as VPN charges. On enquiry at customer care I was informed that by default it is activated with every Samsung Corby Handsets. On my request for deactivation of VPN and reversing the VPN billed charges, as no request was given from my end, a complain was registered yesterday and today I receved a call from Reliance cusyomer care informing that the VPN charges of your bill will be reversed in my next bill. So freends any comment?

Hi,

The same thing happened with me .

I purchased the phone on 14th feb and my new number was activated on the same day.

Now in my post paid bill they are showing VPN charges of Rs 223 + taxes

But it is good to hear that they are reversing this charges

wanted to know whether the charges have been reversed in you next bill?/ you never know about this guys.

Thanks

Regards

Hitesh Khona

Dear All,

Although Corby Speed is best till now in its class it has some limitations. Please help me if someone have the solution.

1. i am trying to play video (QVGA) but it tells video resolution not supported. The maximum supported is 176x144. can anything be done or some other player can be installed?

2. the applications are directly installed to phone memory not asking for memory card. Cant access the Folder in phone memory in which applications are installed (Midletfiles) any suggestion?

3. i have purchased the omh RUIM card but still it is only using 1x network not the evdo. can anything done for that?

can we use existing T-sim of Nokia 6275 in this?

Yes but only 1x may work with Manual Browser Setting but EVDO will not work at all.

Dear All,

Although Corby Speed is best till now in its class it has some limitations. Please help me if someone have the solution.

1. i am trying to play video (QVGA) but it tells video resolution not supported. The maximum supported is 176x144. can anything be done or some other player can be installed?

2. the applications are directly installed to phone memory not asking for memory card. Cant access the Folder in phone memory in which applications are installed (Midletfiles) any suggestion?

3. i have purchased the omh RUIM card but still it is only using 1x network not the evdo. can anything done for that?

Answer to ur third :

just dial *759#813580 and a menu will appear the go to HDR setting in which you will find Hybrid setting in that you can select EVDO only or 1x only or both(Hybrid) the phone will restart in the end.

Info Given By Bhavesh Jagad

nice work

There are many submenus inside, what are those for???

Hi Frds. Join the corby gang!

One question how to change message tone?? I can only select inbuilt tones for sms not the 1 I want from my mem.card

Can ne 1 help on this issue?

Thanks in advance

nice work

Well try them at your own risk dear winko.gif

I want to know from corby owners if I can buy this mobile or the battery issue is still there making this mobile a NO BUY mobile

buy it

my friend is facing strange problem in phonebook of corby cdma . he transferred his old numbers from computer around 556 . problem is some of the names are not coming while searching . if you dial then name appears .

i checked phonebook . after completing of a-z again a-z there . half of nos have gone in first set of a-z and half in other a-z . and only numbers there is first set of a-z can be searched nt in next .

can anybody help

post-17867-126908368285_thumb.jpg

Well its not Corby. It is a dual mode GSM handset from VOX. Homeshop 18 is selling this in Rs. 3999/- only.

Anyway can anyone confirm whether SAMSUNG is doing the same thing as MAX, SPICE, etc are doing, i.e. branding Chinese phones with little modifications.

Even the User Interface of Corby & this VOX seems to be same too.

Click Hereto know more.

• Like 1

post-17867-126908368285_thumb.jpg

Well its not Corby. It is a dual mode GSM handset from VOX. Homeshop 18 is selling this in Rs. 3999/- only.

Anyway can anyone confirm whether SAMSUNG is doing the same thing as MAX, SPICE, etc are doing, i.e. branding Chinese phones with little modifications.

Even the User Interface of Corby & this VOX seems to be same too.

Click Hereto know more.

I have seen add in Times of india many times..

I think they have copied samsung , after all China is expert in copying dats why today Made In Japan Items are very rare in market winko.gif

Also its china only who make Carbon copy phones of nokia, which is nearly impossible to find which is original !!!!

@Asit Mishra

Chines are good at making clone !!!

But its true that samsung is using chines parts but better quality chines part as every leading manufacturer is doing.

nice work

i m not sure but to test all phone features dont try to change if you are not sure e.g. i have done data full test for phone book and my phone book got full replacing my old numbers..

Hi Frds. Join the corby gang!

One question how to change message tone?? I can only select inbuilt tones for sms not the 1 I want from my mem.card

Can ne 1 help on this issue?

Thanks in advance

nothing can be done for that

price revised to 8500

my friend is facing strange problem in phonebook of corby cdma . he transferred his old numbers from computer around 556 . problem is some of the names are not coming while searching . if you dial then name appears .

i checked phonebook . after completing of a-z again a-z there . half of nos have gone in first set of a-z and half in other a-z . and only numbers there is first set of a-z can be searched nt in next .

can anybody help

I have purchased corby handset too.. and faced the same problem.. Here while transfering the phonebook i found nothing while searching the contacts.. later found out the solution.. actually while transfering the contacts the first name will become second name and second will become first, sometimes tact is having only first name it will become second name, and the corby handset does not use second name while searching the phonebook this is why it is displaying only some contact in your phonebook while searching. the only posible solution is to change second to first name through samsung pc suit. hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

- Pravin Patel

I was quoted 9200 for a corby at a webworld including omh sim card is it the right price?