Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

^^^

Tested on GSM corby plus, my stylus did not work on it. fingers works perfectly.

We are considering only the CDMA Corby. GSM Corby is capacitive, and I guess this fact has been better publicized. But then there are variants... dunno if all are capacitive. My question was if both GSM and CDMA versions have capacitive screens, do they suffer from same/similar issues discussed earlier?

:previous:

Yes, it is because the touch sensitivity of the screen is so bad, that even Samsung is feeling shy to proclaim it as having Capacitive touchScreen...

I too had a look at the phone and initially got the feeling that the screen is resistive, as touch response is sluggish and NOT as good as my friend's iPodTouch.. Bored with TS performance, I used a stick to check the other options in the phone and the screen shows NO response at all and hence I concluded that it is a capacitive TS phone :rofl_200::Riendo::Contento: LOLz... This screen is having the disadvantages of Capacitive screen (only fingers) and LACKS (almost 50%) huge advantage of capacitive TouchScreen, due to poor response of screen..

No wonder, the screen felt like resistive to Raccoon Sir...

Ah...!? Well, today morning, I asked my friend to try using a pen or something to see if it works... yet to hear from him. By definition, a capacitive screen should work without pressure... just finger contact should be enough. Seems Samsung has done something amazing! Lol!!

In this case, even though the screen may technically be capacitive, but for all practical purposes (except the fact that you can't use a stylus), it should be considered a resistive screen. Contento.gif

I'd wonder why they have bothered to use capacitive screens at all. They could have plonked in a resistive ones and saved on cost.

Btw, do GSM Corby screens also have the same issues?

Anyway, for the wrong info, but my own experience and my friend's testimony pointed to a resistive screen. Equivocado.gif

For your Information.. please

I am using this phone (corby speed f339) since february end. i am using all sort of gadgets with it for touching the screen. i mean i use stylus of my cousins HTC Touch while playing games, i use ballpen's cover's tip for more precise actions, i use my nail tips, i use my keys some times. everything works fine.

Gosh... more confusion! If all that stuff is working, then it has to be resistive!!

Edited by raccoon

My sis has a GSM Corby Pro and mom has the CDMA Corby Speed. There is a ton of difference in the 2 touch screens. I am not sure if its a UI (software) issue or hardware issue. But the Corby Pro gives a much better experience.

Its a full black sleek phone with yellow & pink jackets(back cover).

Color of Jackets vary with different piece.. I got Yellow, Black and White...

screen is ok but sometimes does not respond,this happened only when i type alphabets in phonebook to search contacts.

one more problem. when i am doing something in the menus and at the same time sms delievry report comes, the touch screen stops responding. only way to get it back working is to press the "End call" key and come on the standby screen. there after the screen again start to respond.. happens with me daily many times as i have delivery report option checked on..

Thanks for your opinion Ankur. I understand the qwerty keyboards on these phones are quite small. But I have tried typing on my friend's Samsung Duos w299 phone and found it ok to type as my fingers are thin. is this keyboard smaller than Duos w299 qwerty keyboard. pls clarify.

i have not used duos w299 so cant compare the two qwerty keypads.. but by the screen size of both the phones i am sure that both must be having approximatly same sized qwerty keypad. so if u wer comfortable with duos w299 , u will be with corby also. but i noticed that typing on qwerty keypad is little slow. i mean the character appears on the screen after a little delay when pressing the key as compared to T9 keypad...

so much discussion about capacitive and resistive touch screen and i still dont know whats the basic diffrence between the two.. :Decepcionado:

but i have tried using stylus and it works on the screen.. does it proves that corby speed is having resistive touch screen ??

and i havent used iphone or other htc phones.. so still have no complaints to the touch screen.. its fine... the only problem is when u try to click on a certain menu item to open it and instead of getting open, the click is treated like a swipe (finger slide) which just keeps moving the list of menu items up and down.. i have to click on a certain menu item many times to open it...

one more problem. when i am doing something in the menus and at the same time sms delievry report comes, the touch screen stops responding. only way to get it back working is to press the "End call" key and come on the standby screen. there after the screen again start to respond.. happens with me daily many times as i have delivery report option checked on..

it happen with my spice c810, when Report is ON

so much discussion about capacitive and resistive touch screen and i still dont know whats the basic diffrence between the two.. :Decepcionado:

but i have tried using stylus and it works on the screen.. does it proves that corby speed is having resistive touch screen ??

and i havent used iphone or other htc phones.. so still have no complaints to the touch screen.. its fine... the only problem is when u try to click on a certain menu item to open it and instead of getting open, the click is treated like a swipe (finger slide) which just keeps moving the list of menu items up and down.. i have to click on a certain menu item many times to open it...

Yes, if a stylus is working, then it has to be resistive! From the comments here it seems the CDMA Corby has a resistive screen and the GSM Corby is capacitive (which is exactly what I had mentioned initially).

Yes, if a stylus is working, then it has to be resistive! From the comments here it seems the CDMA Corby has a resistive screen and the GSM Corby is capacitive (which is exactly what I had mentioned initially).

Upon all i am using the phone with its cover on. i mean the black and yellow dotted cover which comes with phone. The screen responds with the cover on.

So what is the conclusion?

Is Corby CDMA Screen worth to use & hv durability?

yes

if u are not too demanding on ur handset its worth buying

i find it to be good for average use

• Like 1

Is it good for surfing WAP?

I am unable to play videos in Corby. I have tried converting normal video files to .mp4 and .3gp formats but still video player doesnt play those :(

I get the message - 'Video resolution not compatible' or 'file type not compatible'...

I am converting videos using TVC (Total Video Converter) and following the specifications given in the corby handset booklet. But still to no avail.

Kindly help...

@saurav

no , if u planning to surf on corby , it s**ks big time , the processor is so slow that even evdo wont make much of difference , due to slow processor it takes ages to load pages

but otherwise for calls /sms/pull mails / its ok handset

mobi tv app is good , watch live icc t20 matches

even sound quality is awesome ( all samsung phones have pleased me with sound quality)

its very light weight and is also good for tethering

@dhavish

did u try using samsung pc studio

• Like 1

@Dhavish

video Quality is good for mp4 at bitrate of 150kbps,FPS=15,Aspect ratio=1.222(176x144).

try the above settings,it will work.

Sorry friends... For all the confusions on the Capacitive/Resistive screen on CorbyCDMA...

My friend was having CorbyGSM (FullTouch without KB) and I asked him, what number (his second number) is this, and he said Reliance... He is actually having RGSM SIM in it and I mistakely understood as RCDMA and hence thought as CorbySPEED/CorbyCDMA..

But still, one thing remains TRUE... The performance or TouchResponse of capacitive screen of CorbyGSM (what name I don't know, Samsung is having too many Corbys, even some without touch-screens) is also NOT AT ALL as good as I have expected from Samsung (comparing my experience with iPodTouch)...

For GSM mobile phones, to know its specs there are many good sites for eg:- gsmarena, with infos like screen, Battery model+Capacity, OS, Cam features, etc... But NOT so for CDMA phones...

====================================

Once again, SORRY friends, for blowing up the existing confusions to a large extend... :winko:

I am unable to play videos in Corby. I have tried converting normal video files to .mp4 and .3gp formats but still video player doesnt play those :(

I get the message - 'Video resolution not compatible' or 'file type not compatible'...

I am converting videos using TVC (Total Video Converter) and following the specifications given in the corby handset booklet. But still to no avail.

Kindly help...

The highest resolution supported is 176x144. no video will work beyond that. the formats supported are mp4 and 3gp only.you can use any converter like super, format factory or samsung new pc studio's in built converter.

@saurav

no , if u planning to surf on corby , it s**ks big time , the processor is so slow that even evdo wont make much of difference , due to slow processor it takes ages to load pages

but otherwise for calls /sms/pull mails / its ok handset

mobi tv app is good , watch live icc t20 matches

even sound quality is awesome ( all samsung phones have pleased me with sound quality)

its very light weight and is also good for tethering

How to RUN Mobi TV, i always get error after i choose program on any channel

Hi RIM Users,

I bought a new Samsung Corby but still I am not used to it, I need your assistance on some points.

1. I am unable to use mobi TV, when I click on the icon I get the list of channels and the list of programs on respective channels, but when I select a program after buffering for a while I got the message "Unable to Play. Please try again when I contact to the customer care they told me that, this your handset's problem and you should go to Samsung Service Center" :sos:

2. How to configure Hotmail on Corby ( I can check mail on gmail, but my main account is on Hotmail)

3. Whats the usage of Calibration function and how to use it :NOTriste:

:signthankspin:

Harminder S Rao

+919311544758

Hi RIM Users,

I bought a new Samsung Corby but still I am not used to it, I need your assistance on some points.

1. I am unable to use mobi TV, when I click on the icon I get the list of channels and the list of programs on respective channels, but when I select a program after buffering for a while I got the message "Unable to Play. Please try again when I contact to the customer care they told me that, this your handset's problem and you should go to Samsung Service Center" :sos:

2. How to configure Hotmail on Corby ( I can check mail on gmail, but my main account is on Hotmail)

3. Whats the usage of Calibration function and how to use it :NOTriste:

:signthankspin:

Harminder S Rao

+919311544758

1. for mobi tv evdo should be activated first for better results. my opinion is its network issue rather than handset's fault, i am too getting same error many times. Try it for all channels.

3. it is to calibrate your touch response, after calibration it adapts to your finger for response.

Hello All,

I am planning to buy a new Samsung Corby phone. Currently i am using Nokia 6275. So can some1 pl answer my following concenrs:

1) Does Samsung Corby support .jar or .sis appications.?

2) How is the camera quaility though its just 2 Mega Pixel as compared to Nokia 6275.?

3) Can i set animated pictures as wallpapers.?

4) Can i used third party browser (like opera mini) to browse internet.?

5) Is the touch screen robust and of good quality & if it worth de price.? (Rs. 8400)

Thanks in advance. :signthankspin:

yo cant use third party browser, touch responce is awosome , vedio quality is not good, alsi i experiance when u fill you data more than 2 GB with pictures and song mobile get slow and photo contact is poor its dosent work

i also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

i am realy upset abt customer service , launch of Andriod phone Galaxy will make huge differance in CDMA world

i like about this handset is touchresponce and SMS's group facility, over all look

thank you

Any idea when Andriod phone Galaxy will be launched.

Also i have heard that iphone will be launching CDMA version this year which is under production at this moment. :Sorprendido:

also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

first and foremost u need to activate evdo for ur number

once that is done then go to samsung service centre and upgrade your firmware

they will do it for free

after this u will see mobitv icon on ur corby , just click it and use it

yo cant use third party browser, touch responce is awosome , vedio quality is not good, alsi i experiance when u fill you data more than 2 GB with pictures and song mobile get slow and photo contact is poor its dosent work

i also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

i am realy upset abt customer service , launch of Andriod phone Galaxy will make huge differance in CDMA world

i like about this handset is touchresponce and SMS's group facility, over all look

thank you

i am using opera mini, bolt and uc7 web browser all working fine.

i have also posted link for rapidshare earlier to download games and applications that are working on this phone. i have tested.

thank you

i am using opera mini, bolt and uc7 web browser all working fine.

i have also posted link for rapidshare earlier to download games and applications that are working on this phone. i have tested.

Hi Bhavesh,

To use opera mini, do we need to activate the Ruim or it goes through ur sim internet.?