Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

first and foremost u need to activate evdo for ur number

once that is done then go to samsung service centre and upgrade your firmware

they will do it for free

after this u will see mobitv icon on ur corby , just click it and use it

Sir , i have corby TV - option alredy install i can see Mobitv option in my menu

i have activatd EVdo service also but it always gives meseg cannot connect plz try latter , i cant see live content

plz help

yo cant use third party browser, touch responce is awosome , vedio quality is not good, alsi i experiance when u fill you data more than 2 GB with pictures and song mobile get slow and photo contact is poor its dosent work

i also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

i am realy upset abt customer service , launch of Andriod phone Galaxy will make huge differance in CDMA world

i like about this handset is touchresponce and SMS's group facility, over all look

thank you

i am using opera mini, bolt and uc7 web browser all working fine.

i have also posted link for rapidshare earlier to download games and applications that are working on this phone. i have tested.

Hi Bhavesh,

To use opera mini, do we need to activate the Ruim or it goes through ur sim internet.?

Can we add good decent Media player to Corby TV to watch videos

i have install Opera mini tody but i cant see application icon in menu option

is tht i have to install and view every time i want to surf

yo cant use third party browser, touch responce is awosome , vedio quality is not good, alsi i experiance when u fill you data more than 2 GB with pictures and song mobile get slow and photo contact is poor its dosent work

i also notice voice clarity is not good as i use to have with nokia6275, Corby TV service am tierd of this *222 halp line is pathetic thos people doenst knw what to do to activate tht service any body has activatd this service plz help what you did and how you did

i am realy upset abt customer service , launch of Andriod phone Galaxy will make huge differance in CDMA world

i like about this handset is touchresponce and SMS's group facility, over all look

thank you

i have also posted link for rapidshare earlier to download games and applications that are working on this phone. i have tested.

Hi Bhavesh,

To use opera mini, do we need to activate the Ruim or it goes through ur sim internet.?

if you are able to surf in your default browser, you need to do nothing.

Just while surfing in opera mini it will ask for permissions all the time, as there is no option to always allow it.

thank you

Hi Bhavesh,

Can we add good decent Media player to Corby TV to watch videos

i have install Opera mini tody but i cant see application icon in menu option

is tht i have to install and view every time i want to surf

the icon of all the installed games and applications will only appear in the GAMES AND MORE menu option. check it.

There is no such third party media player available to play videos

Edited by bjagad

I am using corby speed. I have two problems using opera

1. It always asks permision to use network. How to overcome this?

2. I am not able to download any file using opera.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

I recently got the samsung corby speed firmware updated as well as got the mobile tv software reloaded.

It now has sms on call reject feature, it has active sync option available, mobile tv works well. UI seems to be a bit more smoother.

One bug I noted is the icon for new software comes up in games and more section bu it doesn't display its name. I had to rename it.

but i want my handset to be future-proof, and if tata or mts will start evdo then i will move to them

price differnce because CDMA technology is patent, so they have to pay royalty

there is no handset on the planet which is 'future proof' at any price

in fact that probably applies to PC and consumer electronics in general

the most you can hope for is 'future resistant'

which could be upto 5 years before its outdated

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/qualcomm-says-no-to-cut-in-royalty-rates/163578/

the CDMA royalty rates are below 7% of wholesale prices

NOT retail rates

so if we assume wholesale rates of Rs. 7,500

the max royalty is about rs. 525/= only

Samsung Corby Speed Not Supporting .cer SSL Certificate in Exchange:Actsync

When trying to access with SSL on in Exchange:Actsync with Exchange 2007 Server, it is showing unsupported format & if you proceed it either hang or reboot the phone..

Anybody got any solution???

I recently got the samsung corby speed firmware updated as well as got the mobile tv software reloaded.

It now has sms on call reject feature, it has active sync option available, mobile tv works well. UI seems to be a bit more smoother.

One bug I noted is the icon for new software comes up in games and more section bu it doesn't display its name. I had to rename it.

i also noticed the same problem after upgrading to mobi tv the name of installed application is not coming, i have to rename it. previously it was fine.

1. you will have to allow each time, there is no way to overcome.

2. to download file you have to use default phone browser, there is no other way

• Like 1

I dont know for corby like OS, but in Symbian, you can define permissions to JAVA apps so that they can download.

Well i have bought this handset one week back and sort of happy upgrading it from nokia 6275. But there is lot of false publicity about this handset battery here, as I have observed it gives better backup then nokia 6275, i.e. around 4 hours of talk time. I was apprehensive about buying this handset as it doesn’t have keypad and its full touchscreen but after using for someday it’s become a habit and liking its big screen. Only typical problem is with the phonebook, I did sync with outlook. in handset the names are strangely divided into two a-z categories, the first one is alive i.e. when we search for a name, if it is there in first list it will show, otherwise u have to go manually to second list and then edit it, then it will show up in first list. Well here is my pros and cons list

Pros

1. Good battery backup

2. Cute handset with big screen

3. Good signal quality

4. User interface

5. Good data speed on evdo(3g)

6. Mails through pop settings

7. Links to many social networking sites

8. And off course mobile TV, music player and FM radio

Cons

1. Camera could have been 3.2 or 5 megapixel with flash

2. Sound in ear phone and ear buds as more bass then treble

3. Display would have been million colors

4. And off course full qwerty keypad is missing

I m using the Corby Speed CDMA handset with the Broadband+plan activated on it.

My problem is I am not getting EVDO speeds.Instead,I m still getting 1X while browsing.When I am connecting to the internet,During the connection process,EV signal comes up but as soon as the connection is established, It gets back to 1X signal through out the entire browsing process.

Complained many times in the CC but as always they are not able to figure out the problem.

Can anybody help me out in this matter?

Thanks.

i dont think evdo is activated on your no

My problem is I am not getting EVDO speeds.Instead,I m still getting 1X while browsing.When I am connecting to the internet,During the connection process,EV signal comes up but as soon as the connection is established, It gets back to 1X signal through out the entire browsing process.

Complained many times in the CC but as always they are not able to figure out the problem.

Thanks.

well i had similar problem, just complain to customer care and make sure u take a complain no, as it is issue from reliance side to activate and they would do that in 2 days

I have contacted the Reliance helpline and asked thrice whether they have activated the EVDO.The last reply today afternoon from them was that from our side everything for EVDO is ON and hence it should work fine.They r not able to figure out the problem.

Last week,they told me that there should be some handset problem & I need to visit the samsung service centre.The Samsung people told me that everything is fine with the handset.

I dont know what to do know.

Is there any other way I can find out whether they have activated EVDO on my number or not?

Anyways,Thanks for your reply.

what are mobile tv charges ppl and i just bought m519 so which card i have to take from rel plz help me out m a noob..

@ ankitgokani...

U can use tata photon plus or Reliance netconnect plus.....but the best choice will be MTS Mblaze.....but at first contact MTS cc to know if broadband on mobile is available in ur area or not....

but pls post a review of ur new handset M519(Metro TV) here soon....I am planning to buy one....

i have jar file for Opera mini for corby tv handset but am not able to install tht on my cell , i cant see icon in menu so help proper way to installl

Thanks.

Hello All,

I too have a similar problem using teh Samsung COrby Speed. Ie always get 1x while accessing internet, while starting the browser it gets EVDO icon for less than a second & then it reverts back to EVDO. I complained to Reliance, they checked & told that the EVDO is activated !!!! & i need to check with Handset issue with Samsung. But still the issue persists. WHen i checekd with Samsung service centre, they claim everything is fine, it has to do with Network service provider,chck with Service provider, they comfirmed that Handset has no issue by putting Tata UIM & showed me that it always comes EVDO !!!! & speed is amazing.

How can we confirm that my UIM is activated with OMH? How can we ensure that we get the EVDO always?

hi,

I just bought a corby speed, EVDO is working fine, but on the mobile browser i cannot go beyond the Reliance warning page saying "U R going out of RWORLD. effective 1/12/09, default plan of 50p/1MB per session apply while browsing internet.". The same happens when i click on the Facebook, Orkut or Tweeter icon.

I installed the Opera Mini browser, it is not able to access internet at all.

I tried the speedtest but it never exceeded 600kbps,even after midnight the results were same. Sourcing the high speed sim took a lot of effort, the EVDO was activated within 24 hours. I found the Reliance customer support very helpful, a guy from netconnect divison even called me back after a day to conform everything was working fine.

i have jar file for Opera mini for corby tv handset but am not able to install tht on my cell , i cant see icon in menu so help proper way to installl

it will appear in GAMES AND MORE menu options probably with no name after installation.

• Like 1

Hello,

I recently bought Samsung Corby TV CDMA Handset with Reliance,

I have 2 major problem-

1) I am not able to see any chanels.When I click on Mobile TV- first it says 'connecting...' and then 'streaming...' but after 10 seconds it says 'Unable to play, please try later' . Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue ?

2)I am also not able to browse internet at all. All it says - you are going out of R world and charges will be 50paise/1MB...etc. Same happens with Facebook/twitter...etc.

Can someone plz help me ?

Thanks in advance

Abhishek

^

Abhishek ,Tv channel problem is a network problem and it channels dont work most of the time.

For your second problem just make another profile with your mobile no as username & password and make sure you keep

DNS1 & DNS2 Blank and proxy disabled.