Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
s207

Mnp Between Reliance Cdma And Reliance Gsm?

Dear Friends,

We all know Mobile Number Portability is going to miss 31 Dec 2009 deadline. People like me are very tired of using the same CDMA handset for quite long. Will be willing to Port my number to GSM as soon as MNP starts.

Can anyone tell me if it is or will be possible port number from RCDMA to RGSM after 31 dec 2009???

It is my suggestion for RCOM also as they have ways and means to get this Okyed by Govt.

Regards

Both RCDMA and RGSM are operating under same brand name "Reliance Mobile"..

changing technology under same brand should be possible before MNP also [correct me if i am wrong]

but reliance may not be interested to lose cdma customers, because rgsm network is poorer than rcdma network.. so once allowed to move from cdma to gsm.. more people will leave reliance gsm after mnp..

I dont think that even internal transfers/change of technology by retaining the same number would be permitted before the implementation of MNP. Actually, earlier Reliance was asking for such a concession that their CDMA customers be allowed to change to Reliance GSM if they choose so by retaining the same number, and also vice versa even before the implementation of MNP. But they could not garner support from any industry player including the Tatas who had opposed any such move.

Also it is a distant possibility because of one more reason. Reliance GSM is operating on a pan India basis with only start up spectrum. They have not recieved any additional spectrum because the allotment of spectrum has been put on hold. Now if they allow such portability between CDMA to GSM it is going to have a disastrous effect on their networks. I dont think they would attempt it unless they are confident of being able to manage the extra load

^^ I back you Vinayak...

Dear ALL,

MNP is not a barrier in tecnology it can be transferred from CDMA to GSM and vice versa.

no barrier even to network it can be changed from Reliance CDMA to Vodafone and vice versa.

you can retain your number irrespective of technology within the same circle. it does not matter whether you opt for CDMA to GSM or vice versa. after some time, may a year or so, you can retain the number and change your circle also. reliance already gear u to transfer it existing CDMA to GSM and GSM to CDMA, but govt. is not allowing. i dont know how it affect govt. may be its related to spectrum stuff.

It will be possible.

Further Reliance is improving its GSM network day by day to compete.

It will be possible.

Further Reliance is improving its GSM network day by day to compete.

But in Maharashtra & Goa circle the quality of network has dropped considerably since they launched those SMS packs. Call jamming is taking place each evening. SMS sending is becoming a pain. Each message is needed to be sent twice else it fails to deliver. This is not good. Tariff is excellent even coverage is excellent but functioning quality not at all upto the mark.If this continues they will lose customers. Decepcionado.gif