Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

YGMP = You Get My Point.....:winko:

So now that you have got the Hero.... dont you want a dock also....

now surely you do....

what if I tell you its possible in Rs. 10/-

what am I hearing.... am I hearing you laugh.....

please dont laugh at me....

find out here how - http://androidforums...hero-stand.html

and its 100% working tested..... project for my children....

anyways here's a costly one, if u dont like modeling - http://www.all4cellular.com/my-touch-3g-docking-station-black.html

Edited by dkaile

LOL... :) good fiind DK..

Modaco has just release today his latest rom with 2.2 kernel (that was made public by HTC just few days back).... LOL... hackers have beaten sprint... exciting times ahead... :Riendo:

^^ Shubanyu, I guess you meant Android instead of WM.. Or am I missing something....

^

No, he meant wm only; as he is comparing all features wm to android; as ram problem is common to wm and android handles the available ram much more efficiently...

Here's the snapshot for you Shubhanyu and I have not removed any installed application (even Sprint TV or Nascar) yet and installed a lot many more...

post-18748-126456286233_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile

^^^

i think shubhanyu Wanted to know abt free ram and total ra, like we see in WM

so check the amt of free ram

from terminal type following

su

#free

Edited by mufaddal_km

Modaco has just release today his latest rom with 2.2 kernel (that was made public by HTC just few days back).... LOL... hackers have beaten sprint... exciting times ahead... :Riendo:

from wehre to download and how to update? I am becoming lazy day by day:Equivocado: to search stuff and then do. So trying to get every thing ready on platter. :signthankspin:

^

Let me research it fully and also let some feedbacks come; as I dont want you to load it until its fully tried and tested...

Sprint's Update on Android 2.1

A while back we announced our plans to update our Android devices to 2.1 in the first half of 2010. I just wanted to follow up with a quick status. The 2.1 update is currently being tested and things are going very well so far. We're still targeting the first half of 2010 and if things continue to go smoothly we should have the update well within that time frame. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions about procedures and more exact time-frames but for now I won't be able to say much more. I just wanted you all to know that things are still on track. - Sprint Employee

Related News for Hero

Edited by dkaile

i m facing a problem in hero.GPS didnt work unable to determine my location.

last night i was change my SCI 2 to 1 in qpst.after that facing this problem.

any solution??

thanks

Edited by coolboyashok

I had advised specifically not to mess up with qpst... I had edited my scm... and it had shut off my wifi also... somehow I was able to restore it by full on/off (i.e. remove battery also)... try that... otherwise see in settings, if gps/location is on or not... it might have switched off there also...

A Sprint HTC Hero specific Support Forum has been started by HTC over here - http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/17.aspx?tab=support

It is quite useful to answer basic questions, like how to hard reset, soft reset, and many other small issues etc. etc.

Do keep in mind not to follow their advice blindly in rooted phones as official upgrades nullifies root on your device and you may need to root again.

Q - downloading Ringtones for your Hero? Playing them from sd card?

A - For ringtones, there are several ways, you can use tone picker or ringdroid from the marketplace.

Or try this - on the root of your SD card you need to make a folder structure the same as on the device itself. Media folder with Audio folder inside. Audio folder with alarms, notifications and ringtones inside.

Media/Audio/alarms

Media/Audio/notifications

Media/Audio/ringtones

and put files you want to use for each of those in there and they *WILL* then show in the list that comes up for those functions.

I have confirmed that mp3 are fine for all of those, but alarm and notification seem to be mostly .ogg files so if you have an easy converter, might be worth converting. Convert the main one you use for your alarm from mp3 to ogg using WMP11.

I for my case am using a trimmed mp3 directly as a Alarm Tone (wanna know which..... I'm too Sexy by Right Said Fred... LOL)

Or you can play the Mp3 you want in the phone's original music player, press menu and then set as ringtone.

Edited by dkaile

I have few problems with Hero:

1.If we had a missed call,sms,schedule the green LED starts blinking but after five mins it stops blinking,any method we can make it as palm.(it will blink until we clear it)

Try 'Missed Reminder'. It will help you. It is freely available in the Android market

Edited by pasumark

^

I think this doesnt work on sprint hero.... have you tested it?

• Like 1

I installed the Missed Reminder yesterday and it is working fine for me.

Just now checked again. I sent a missed call to my Hero at 9:34pm and it is still blinking - 9:56. You also try.

sadik bhai, just wanted to know wheather this phone is still available ex stock ?? for 19999 ??

i will pickup the product from anywhere in mumbai, myself.

kindly reply asap

^^^

PM him or call him on his number you will get quick response !

@harsh

Please dont post Buy Sell requests in this topic. Sadikk is running a separate topic for that. Kindly search and place your requests there.

• Like 1

Tethering results via usb with ICS on Hero

709735061.png

^

whats surprising?? 130Kbps is pretty standard download results on Reliance 1x...

Every one knows that, i was unable to understand because you have posted with "Tethering"