Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

itna dil pe mat le yaar rahuja... :) it was a general comment, so that all can start helping and sharing knowledge.... start posting more helping topics for all... thats all I say... dont use that knowledge for commercial gains only... if you have some pointers, SHARE IT for everyone's good... dont hide knowledge thinking that others can compete against you...

Edited by dkaile

^

itna dil pe mat le yaar rahuja... :) it was a general comment, so that all can start helping and sharing knowledge.... start posting more helping topics for all... thats all I say... dont use that knowledge for commercial gains only... if you have some pointers, SHARE IT for everyone's good... dont hide knowledge thinking that others can compete against you...

chalo yaar dil pe nahi lete but just for your knowledge i have never charged anyone for sharing my knowledge and helping others in my capacity.

i do help people but generally on phone as on the forum people with greater knowledge than mine are there to help us and other people and i do share my bit of knowledge here on the forum also but never thought or charged anyone in helping him from whatever i know.

antways lets not make it personal post... forget it and enjoy the great forum.

@ dkaile

I think your new topic has been removed within 10 mins ...

Although we had tried that procedure on Moto Droid and we were able to only load prl and change some other settings ...

But could not program it for reliance or tata completely ...

Regards

^

hmmm.... I didnt shift it to techie... anyways...

it requires meid to be registered with tata... do that and u will get it to work...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

thanks for that topic !

be4 deleting i just copied all files to ziddu.com

now mirror is available if that website goes down.

^

hmmm.... I didnt shift it to techie... anyways...

it requires meid to be registered with tata... do that and u will get it to work...

That could be the only way as of now ... But mazaa toh tab aayega jab , we could modify the Meid and Esn ... :winko:

Gurus,

for rooting "Fresh Pre-Kitchen 0.2" auto rooting can be used?

and i want to update Modaco 2.2 Rom? can it be done?.

kindly help..

thanks.

modaco 2.2 is nothing special afaik; you can easily update to it; it is based on sprint 1.56 rom only, same as modaco 1.2

thanks..dhiraj..

thanks for Gurus.,.

I finally rooted..

removed .some application..

installed modaco Rom 2.2

..and again thanks..

all u can do on motodroid is load prl

btw it isnt as easy as it seems to get meid registered with tata , especially if u r a existing postpaid customer

they also are very particular abt akey when it comes to meids

at present we all are using a different approach to get handsets like hero , diamond,tp ,tp2 to work on tata

the conventional trick to get prepaid and stuff is non convinient

Edited by Mufaddal

i am extensively used NGPay for train/air booking..

now it is not working with HTC HERO..

how can it be worked?

and also to access/download yahoo mail?

help?

^

there is java application support in hero, though in nascent stage...cant be sure about ngpay...

Android 2.1 update coming for HTC Hero Sprint by Q2 2010

sprint-twitter-02-16-2010.jpg

^

disappointing...

seems HTC sense UI is the culprit.... they just cant develop it fully for these phones on the newer os...

@dkaile

Thats why i like my NexusOne as it is it can be Pure Normal ROMS and Sense UI when Compatible Sense ROM leaks. Enjoy N1.

@kalpak SID / NID are only for Programing. Now a days PRL takes command over it .....

i am extensively used NGPay for train/air booking..

now it is not working with HTC HERO..

how can it be worked?

and also to access/download yahoo mail?

help?

I am trying for it. I thought following two ways.

1. Trying to change UA string of android browser so that we can cheat NG pay server. However Android phone US string can be changed to 3 options, i.e. android, iphone and desktop. So changing to desktop may help to log on to bank sites. Hero browser is identified as Safari 3.1.2

How to change UA string: in browser address bar, type about:debug, then press menu -> more -> at bottom you will see debug menu. Bottom of it UAString menu will allow you to change UAstring.

2. Trying to get .jar file from my N97 and will try to run on Android, if I can find .jar file from N97 OK, Now I downloaded .jad file changing UA of my firefox to N97 - on my desktop, but do not know how to download .jar file, trying to do some research

To change the User Agent string, just enter about:config as an address in the address bar of FireFox, the location where you normally enter a URL (link). I recommend to preserve the original value, which you can get when you enter just about: in the address bar.<br><br>Now press the right mouse button to get the context menu and select "String" from the menu entry "New". Enter the preference name "general.useragent.override", without the quotes. Next, enter the new User Agent value you want Mozilla Firefox to use. I added my name and a link to my web site to the original value. You can also pick one from the list of User Agent strings. Check the new value by entering about: in the address bar.

Edit 4

I downloaded .jad and .jar files but now how to run on hero????? I think only HP can help.

Edit 5

I downloaded J2Me application manager and downloaded NGPAY client on my Hero, it was converted to .apk and installed. Now I see ngpay icon in program it starts too but remain in home page only.

Edit 6

It seems to be possible but by true software guys

http://microemu.blogspot.com/2009/08/converting-javame-applications-to.html

I could open NGpay and do registration but it was difficult. Later after successful registration I could not do any transactions.

rename .rar to .jar (its ngpay client)

post-842-12663914938_thumb.png

post-842-126639150883_thumb.png

post-842-126639152237_thumb.png

post-842-126639809336_thumb.png

post-842-126639809462_thumb.png

post-842-126639809598_thumb.png

ngpaymobilecclient.rar

Edited by kshah

great..and thanks kshah..for the extensive trying..

i can able to download Jet Wallet,mobi cricket and it works..on Jbed Java..

i will try the your download..and report..

again thanks..

@kshah,

i tried with your downloaded file..

and installed with Modaco Rom Jbed Java.(in the sd card)

works like charm..

thanks again ...

Tip - To End a call properly on a Hero if the screen has turned off (as it does not have proximity sensor like Nexus One), press the end button TWICE in quick succession. First time to wake up the screen (if its switched off) and second time to actually end the call...

@kshah,

i tried with your downloaded file..

and installed with Modaco Rom Jbed Java.(in the sd card)

works like charm..

thanks again ...

Yes, yesterday evening I tried with jbed java and worked well. Infact this has given us all new way to cheat servers to download java apps from server on our desktop using custom userAgent strings. Then we can back up it for future use.

Dhiraj ji i need ur help.. as u have nexus one in hand and hero both..

Search for app called Iquran in market in NexusONE... I want same for my Hero please..

waiting........