Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

you dont need qpst as your data is already enabled; just download anycut from market and follow the Step 3...

Edited by dkaile

Bingo!!!! Its done. :signthankspin:

^

you dont need qpst as your data is already enabled; just download anycut from market and follow the Step 3...

Sprint HTC Hero wins the Best Smartphone of 2010 Reader's Choice Awards with 81% of the votes ahead of Apple iPhone 3GS: 6%, Motorola Droid: 4%, Nokia N97: 4% & BlackBerry Bold 9700: 2%. Read Story here - http://ow.ly/1egyx%29

^

Aaj ke zamane me baap ke zamaane ki batein?? I dont think so; get used to it... Its the future...

Even it is in LG 3500 and i am loving it !!!

Baap ke jamane main poteki zamaneki bate !!! :rofl_200:

First Indian Mode Custom ROM based on Android 2.1 kernel derived from the leaked Eris Rom on XDA with HTC Sense UI for our Sprint HERO is OUT........... here

What's not working -

Camera & MMS

What is working -

Everything else

Things that were removed (ROM is big. Freed up space)

Footprints

Stocks

Amazon MP3 store

HTC ringtone trimmer

HTC quick office

Goodies:

Reliance Default Ring Tone

Advanced Task Killer

Super Dial

AnyCut

ASTRO File Manager

Wireless Tether

zEdge - Wallpaper and Ringtone Manager

New Gumbo kernel + super tweaked lowmem settings. At boot ~75MB free with everything running.

Full screen weather

Verizon's market picks

Verizon nav (Not sure just how to strip it, and maybe it will work if a brave soul wants to try)

busybox/rooted/SU whitelist all working and automatic

Edited by dkaile

where is the video player in hero... i m still searching.... i downloaded one but it plays only video taken by camera...confused.gif

^

LOL.......

The default album plays ALL VIDEOS compatible with Hero; already discussed before; I hv also posted Video converter (AAlok Video Splitter); search this topic; i am enjoying full movies on Hero... u just need to convert..... convert.....

First of all I would like to thank all the members of the forum, especially Doc and dkalie. :signthankspin: My journey started with plea for help for Blackberry storm on reliance. Not only did I get it running I learnt a lot through my R&D on htc touch diamond and touch pro then touch pro 2, all successfully running on Rel.

But the best was when I got Myself HERO...

What a phone. Thanks Gaurav for recommending it to me. I doubt there is a better phone on reliance and as Dkalie says so flawless that one tends to get bored!!

I wish to contribute something, and first would be an excellent Memory Manager (not my creation but just that I have been following this project How to configure Android's *internal* taskkiller by Androcheck from development stage and now this is available even on market.)

Android does not have real end key yet it handles multiple tasks far better than any other OS. That is because Out of memory killer is standard kernel process and based on the set parameters for critical threshold for applications in foreground, background and empty apps, etc it auto-kills.

developers have now made software to push more aggressive values to automatically kill applications yet only based on priority list, that is much better than how any other task killer works.

Below are the two applications available in market.

1. "AutoKiller" minfree manager i am using this as it is more user friendly and better UI

2. "MinFreeManager" 1.6

I have not needed task managers since i have installed it.

Those interested can read about the project on "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622666"

Thanks.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned in this forum but paid apps would not normally appear on google market.

To enjoy the full market including Paid applications one install MarketEnabler from market which is a free application.

On hero Settings>>Applications>>Development>>Allow mock locations check this and enable

Then before launching market launch MarketEnabler and choose any of the locations (I usually choose US-ATT or IT) and that's it... get full catalogs.

First Indian Mode Custom ROM based on Android 2.1 kernel derived from the leaked Eris Rom on XDA with HTC Sense UI for our Sprint HERO is OUT........... here

What's not working -

Camera & MMS

What is working -

Everything else

Things that were removed (ROM is big. Freed up space)

Footprints

Stocks

Amazon MP3 store

HTC ringtone trimmer

HTC quick office

Goodies:

Reliance Default Ring Tone

Advanced Task Killer

Super Dial

AnyCut

ASTRO File Manager

Wireless Tether

zEdge - Wallpaper and Ringtone Manager

New Gumbo kernel + super tweaked lowmem settings. At boot ~75MB free with everything running.

Full screen weather

Verizon's market picks

Verizon nav (Not sure just how to strip it, and maybe it will work if a brave soul wants to try)

busybox/rooted/SU whitelist all working and automatic

WOW... HIS IS GREAT NEWS.... thanks mate... jago rimweb jago... this needs to be tried in our HEROs... will be trying it out tonite... btw, will this file run directly from nandroid menu?

yes; just copy the zip file to the root of your sd card and you can load the new rom by going into nandroid...

its always better to do a clean wipe before loading new roms , just to avoid any unwanted troubles later

developers have now made software to push more aggressive values to automatically kill applications yet only based on priority list, that is much better than how any other task killer works.

1. "AutoKiller" minfree manager i am using this as it is more user friendly and better UI

2. "MinFreeManager" 1.6

I often get SenseUI restarted message (which takes a while to complete) when using such auto task killer applications

Hi,

How to go into nandroid?

yes; just copy the zip file to the root of your sd card and you can load the new rom by going into nandroid...

^

Follow the root instructions to root your device - here

Once rooted and having loaded the recovery image as per these instructions, you can enter the recovery mode pressing the Home Key+Power Key (release power key immediately) on your next reboot. There you will be able to see the recovery options including taking/restoring from a nandroid backup

Done!!! Thanks.

Rooted my hero....now flashing new rom.....shall revert with feedback.

update: Screen Gets stuck at "mobile5.in" screen. :Confuso:

waitied for 10 mins then removed battery & restored backup using nandroid. please advise.

^

Follow the root instructions to root your device - here

Once rooted and having loaded the recovery image as per these instructions, you can enter the recovery mode pressing the Home Key+Power Key (release power key immediately) on your next reboot. There you will be able to see the recovery options including taking/restoring from a nandroid backup

Edited by mufi2001

^^^

dont panic

u seem to be doing it for first time

mobile5 is the boot screen

first boot on any rom install takes a very long time , so just leave your phone as it is for few minutes and have patience

after that second boot onwards it takes few secs only

i repeat first boot takes a very long time with any rom so leave it as it is it will boot on its own

2. "MinFreeManager" 1.6

I often get SenseUI restarted message (which takes a while to complete) when using such auto task killer applications

Sir that is the good thing about this app. Though it is called "killer" it is totally different from other killers. It never kills applications which are running in foreground or have active service. Infact it only sets slighty higher parameters for the already present internal memory manager, so works just as android os would work. Believe me you would not require any other killer ever. Also it provides presets which are less agressive as well, you may choose if needed.

Finally after being patient i loaded alap's rom to my hero. it seems that it is draining my battery very fast. Anybody having this issue? Also how can i disable vibration alert when call is connected and while dialling numbers?

try wiping once and re flashing...

just a thought

the rom is still in beta so expect few downsides

dont expect it to be perfect

I know. I was just discussing the bugs that i faced.

the rom is still in beta so expect few downsides

dont expect it to be perfect

When switching across versions (i.e. 1.5 to 2.1) a clean wipe is recommended...

Disable Vibrate when typing by going into Menu-Settings-Locale & Text-Touch Input-Text Input-Untick Vibrate when typing