Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

u can definitely try new roms as I dont see original one coming for another 2 months; if they mess up ur pri (not prl), solution is already given on other links before...

radio needs to be updated separately...

alap rom is good but be aware that all these 2.1 roms have some or the other niggling issues... none is perfect till date...

Edited by dkaile

Dheerajbhai,

i was about to root my phone, u need to download sdk 'The Windows file is called android-sdk_r4-windows.zip. Extract the files to your C: drive so that you now have the folder C:\android-sdk-windows'

but when i visited to download it has android-sdk_r05-windows.zip to download should i download this

^

yes, they are backward compatible; vaise you just need asroot2 file to be there in the windows/system folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/358189947/Hero_s_Files.rar

Edited by dkaile

Dheerajbhai,

I am on Sprint stock rom 1.56.

Sadikbhai did activated Hero on reliance. You can confirm with Sadik

What else you want to know?? I am ready to give you all info.

^

and when and how did your problem start; i.e. what exactly you did or download some application, after which this problem started?

^ I did upload reliance PRL (Which I was having in my Mogul Folder 2years back data) file by QPST then its started. I am able to send SMS but when somebody do SMS me I am not receving it. But it shows sent on sender's mobile

^ I forgot to tell that I also did enter my Mobile no as User name and Pass in Un/an PPP tab for actiaving Windows Mobile Plan as told by Muffadal

some settings in qpst may have been messed up by you; username and password entry does not stop sms; recheck all settings in qpst, as per my touch pro post (settings are same) and reload latest international prl (also given at many places and in TP post); MCC-404, MNC-00, Home Orig/Roam Orig all EVRC, Home and Foreign SID all enable, MIP mode is simple ip; check all cdma settings; Home SID/NID should be 14655 / 65535 etc. etc. reboot after entering all settings;check radio version also...

Edited by dkaile

I think you need to flash radio again look here

@Dhirajbhai,

THE SMS are coming now. I did remove battery for 45 second and reinstall it and reboot. its done now I was used to do this in my mogul as well

Thanks for your suggestions :signthankspin:

I am on this rom

^ Should I change to latest Radio??

^

no need if everything is working fine...

@ mufaddal

I have post paid and I gave them details of HTC touch for activating window mobile internet plan but now they gave me SMS that your request can not be processed as it is only for RGSM??

As per website it is for both then I called back CC they told me that they are working on this issue but till now not resolved yet.

:confuse:

Hi,

I am on ALAP's latest ROM. Is there any way to disable "vibrate on connect" feature. It's very irritating.

I found the solution for "vibrate on connect" on xda. Just flash the attched file & it's done.

PhoneNoVibOnConnect.zip

:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,:rofl_200:,

Latest date for Sprint Hero Android 2.1 update is now May 21

thumb_550_Hero%20ROM.jpg

^^^ another mufaddal on the prowl... ;) BTW, good find dude...

No Hard feelings friend... :)

Edited by Greatest

^^^

suggested by DK

arey hitesh bhai, the post i sent was for mufaddal only... before me clicking on it, your post came earlier.. :)

i was thinking how come u r inserted in 2.1 rom update news, u are already on alap 2.1.

Droid Eris finally gets its 2.1 update today.... confirmed.... time for us Hero owners to cry... they got it before us... crying.gif

But then it aint far behind for us now....

This is what is in store for Eris Users (should be quite similar for Hero's 2.1 update) - http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/eris.pdf

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your Droid Eris smartphone. The Droid Eris software version ROM: 2.36.605.1/Radio: 2.42.00.04.12 update includes numerous enhancements and improvements.

Enhancements:

ï‚– Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and Google Maps.â„¢

ï‚– New support for voice-to-text entry.

ï‚– New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the seven panels on your home screen.

ï‚– Additional calendar views and easier access to contacts make navigating even quicker.

ï‚– Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced, turn-by-turn navigation.

 With the Enhanced Android Market,™ you’ll enjoy a better browsing experience as well as even more applications, including

Verizon Wireless content featuring self-service applications.

ï‚– Ability to log onto and access multiple Google accounts at once.

 Support for 19 Microsoft® Exchange Server policies makes your phone more secure and business friendly.1

ï‚– Desk Clock intelligently dims your screen and displays the current time while charging.

ï‚– Location-based cinematic full screen weather keeps you on top of changing conditions.

Improvements:

 Free Yahoo!® Mail is now supported—simply sign in with your Yahoo! email address and password.2

ï‚– Longer battery life due to power savings.

 Improved YouTube® video playback.

 Better Bluetooth® support, including contact transfer.

ï‚– Automatic settings for POP3 verizon.net email accounts.

ï‚– Added support for stand-alone Wi-Fi when device is in airplane mode.

ï‚– Improved handset audio when disconnecting a wired headset.

ï‚– Faster power-up time.

ï‚– Improved swipe-unlock functionality.

ï‚– Added support for Microsoft Office 2007 documents.

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your Droid Eris smartphone. The Droid Eris software version ROM: 2.36.605.1/Radio: 2.42.00.04.12 update includes numerous enhancements and improvements.

Edited by dkaile

DamageControl v2.08.1 got friendStream.. and im somewhat happy with it..

Edited by underearth

@Dakaile @ Mufaddal

Hey Guys I again got the same problem not receiving Incoming SMS What should I do? I am on Sprint stock rom 1.56

Which Radio I have to flash?? And How to flash?

Give me the latest PRL?

Any other Solutions?? :NOTriste:

^

search; everythings already posted...