Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

eventhough everyone talking about Hero..

I am missing all the java/jad application by ICICI,citi,NG pay..

the market java app is not working ..

only JBED working..but it is not working with leaked 2.1 roms..

whether the RUU working..

Gurus kindly guide me..

thanks..

hmm. Now that with the help of Mufaddal I am able to use my hero, I will have to leaf through all the 47 pages here.

Hey Guys,

Is it possible to watch TV on Hero through netconnect evdo as same as Samsung Corby??

Help needed

:previous:

:NOTriste: due to 1x speed it wont happen

Its the end of the road for the Hero now , Sprint has tweeted no 2.2 for the hero or moment. Evo will get it soon though

http://bit.ly/d0HRgj

But (there is always a but)

cyanogen has announced that he will be porting Froyo on to the hero , so there is still some hope.

http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news/8-android-phones-will-get-froyo-early-thanks-to-cyanogenmod/

palm was palm; wm was wm... this is android and we need to get used to its way of functioning... not evrything in other os was perfect, and android is also evolving... many new things coming in 2.1...

1. answered, till some crack comes

2. try the attached file and report back whether it worked

3. answered

4. on 1X data and voice cannot work simultaneously; only on evdo it can; wait for it....

5. call recording is not supported; use Gmail to backup everything even sms (LOL), Calendar inbuilt is very good, use the mini widget that is inbuilt to display upcoming events of next 2 days; it does not play avi; convert MPEG4 or 3GPP with H.264 or H.263 and MP3, AAC, or AMR audio. Videos need to be 480×352 or smaller to play back properly; use dafualt player or download Video Player from market; Inbuilt Music player is exceptional and nothing extra is needed;

6. no idea of rss reader, search market

What software did you use? what codecs and containers did you employ for the vids?

Ok did it. Used Total Video Converter.

^

Yes, there are many converters; I had posted a brief tutorial in the preceding pages; Any converter will do as long as you convert the video into the same as iphone format, mp4 with h264; otherwise we are playing without converting all videos on incredible with rock divx player but that is not supported for hero...

^^^

i think Hero's Road will not end here !

after watching too many discussion at net i got the main review that after they ( HTC CORP ) will sell all the new product at the rate of which they want, they will surely release Hero's New Android !

So not to get worried abt it ! ( but it will take some time )

Regards

Shyam

DK is reffering to the hardware compatibility and not the software compatibility, you could expect froyo but that wont allow you to run heavy files without converting.

Edited by SumitVerma

DK is reffering to the hardware compatibility and not the software compatibility, you could expect froyo but that wont allow you to run heavy files without converting.

^^^

Agreed with Dkaile ! :winko:

Regards

Shyam

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL HERO USERS -

As per our great GURU Cyanogen, Froyo (2.2) is running excellently on old hardware...

SO ALL HERO USERS - great Hope for you...

^^^ koi link do and process to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2..

I am new to android...pls kuch batao.

^

I had given link for xda but that rom is still under development; kindly wait for proper froyo release and then I will post link...

For all those keen to follow the developments of Cyanogen 2.2 (Froyo) being created for Hero, here is the official thread. It may take a while for it to be refined & stable though.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/2059-cyanogenmod-600-for-htc-hero-gsmcdma-alpha-preview-test0-0705/

If any Guru can list the main features/advantages of 2.2 over 2.1, kindly list (bearing in mind their usablility on Hero, with its relatively older hardware). It may not be a very big jump.

Comments please...

guys, after all these of discussion on updaing to 2.1, could someone please post a step by step procedure for noobs on how to update to rom 2.1 please...

^ For Official 2.1 update, instructions are already given on site (copied for you below) - Note: You may loose root and nandroid (if you have done that)

HTC Hero (Sprint) 2.1 Software Update | 05.19.2010

WARNING: Installing this software will erase your current user data. Please see instructions below for details.

The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your HTC Hero:

• Upgraded OS to Android 2.1 Éclair
  • Includes enhancements to Sense UI
  • Includes enhanced corporate email support
  • Includes a variety of minor bug fixes
Please read the following important notes before starting the upgrade:
heroMR_1.png
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version and your device is operating normally, there is no need to reload the software. To determine what version is running on your device, refer to the image on the left (the newest version is pictured) and note the Software version. Next, navigate to Home > Menu > Settings > About phone on your device (you may need to tap on Software Information). Locate the Software version or Software number here. If your Software version or Software number is different than what is pictured at left, you should proceed with this upgrade.
IMPORTANT – Back up your data before you begin
This software update will delete all information from your device. It is necessary to ensure that you back up your information before proceeding with this update.
Calendar and contacts
  • If you are syncing your device with your Google account, log into the Gmail service and verify your data is up to date
  • If you are syncing your device via HTC Sync, log into your PC and verify your data is up to date
  • If you are syncing your device via Exchange Activesync, log into your Exchange account and verify your data is up to date
  • If you are using another backup solution, verify the data is up to date with that solution

Text and picture messages

Text and picture messages will be deleted with this software update. You can back up text and picture messages by forwarding them to an email address.

• Open the Messaging application
  • Tap and hold on the desired text or picture message
  • Tap Forward
  • Enter an email address then tap Send

Applications
Applications will be deleted with this software update. You will need to re-download the desired applications from the Market after this update completes.
Pictures, Video, Music, Media, and other files
Pictures, video, music, and other media saved on the microSD card will not be affected by this update.
Getting Started
Before you run the ROM Update Utility (RUU), make sure you have done the following:
  • Backed up the data on your device
  • Standby or hibernation mode of your PC has been disabled
  • Close all running applications on the PC
  • Set aside approximately 25 minutes to allow the device to update
  • Charged the battery to at least 30%

Installation instructions

1. Download and install the HTC Sync software available here: http://www.htc.com/u...rint/downloads/
  2. Download the update file for the HTC Hero available here: http://www.htc.com/u...rint/downloads/
  3. Connect your HTC Hero to your PC using the supplied USB cable
  4. If the HTC Sync application appears on the screen of your PC, you may simply dismiss the wizard by pressing the Cancel button
  5. Run the RUU update file for the HTC Hero
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update for your HTC Hero

WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!

Download via FTP (118 MB) Download via HTTP (118 MB)

Edited by dkaile

awesome tutorial, dkaile (as always).

will try it out and post the message soon.

thanks.

^

LOL... I just copy pasted from HTC official website yaar... I advice members to do some basic searching at least...

1. Can I create new docs/ excel sheet or edit an existing one on android? I know quickoffice does not do it.

2. @dheeraj, you had mentioned about backing sms on Gmail. Is there a way to retrieve them from Gmail to inbox?

3. Is there a sent item/ deleted items folder for sms?

1. Can I create new docs/ excel sheet or edit an existing one on android? I know quickoffice does not do it.

2. @dheeraj, you had mentioned about backing sms on Gmail. Is there a way to retrieve them from Gmail to inbox?

3. Is there a sent item/ deleted items folder for sms?

1. You u can do it by using documents to go. Download the free version from the market and use the key here to unlock it.

http://www.filestube...d2e03ea/go.html

Remember just install the key like any other app and it will unlock it

2 Use SMS Backup and Restore, it backs up all ur sms to the SD card and lets u restore whenever u want. Its free and in the market

Edited by doc_anurag

3) It uses threaded SMS, so sent SMS shows in the SMS thread. I guess there are 3rd party applications that can have separate holders though.

The key does not exist.

dkaile ji, thanks man, i am on ruu 2.1 ... !!!

:signthankspin: