Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

@tanveer

2. of course; it creates a new folder sms in your gmail; but somehow, I am feeling it has some limit and does not backup properly after 1K sms...

3. You can use 3rd part sms software like handcent which is supposed to be better than stock application

@harsh

:)

@doc_anurag

good work mate...

as per my experience in 2.1 , my hero has become more kick *** than ever.

i think there are many many enhancements and tweaks.

there are many small softwares and utilities integrated in rom 2.1, which were third party apps in 1.5.

i am a prepaid user and my upgrade to 2.1 was flawless and 10 mins job (with guidance of dkaile).

i think, everyone should upgrade to 2.1 rom. it rocks guys !!

as per my experience in 2.1 , my hero has become more kick *** than ever.

i think there are many many enhancements and tweaks.

there are many small softwares and utilities integrated in rom 2.1, which were third party apps in 1.5.

i am a prepaid user and my upgrade to 2.1 was flawless and 10 mins job (with guidance of dkaile).

i think, everyone should upgrade to 2.1 rom. it rocks guys !!

Yup 2.1 is definitely better after you get it tweaked correctly.

Now why dont you root your phone and get rid of those sprint apps , it does make the phone faster.

U can use also use apps like Wireless thether which require root.

true, but i am on version 2.27.651.6, which is not rootable as of now.

just waiting for its fix.

true, but i am on version 2.27.651.6, which is not rootable as of now.

just waiting for its fix.

U can run the .5 RUU on it and then root. Just follow the instructions on the post below and u are done. Better to do it now when u wont have much stuff on the phone then later as re running the RUU will erase all data.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694572

I dont think they will be coming out with a hack for the .6 version as its easier to just run the older one and then get root.

one thing in htc hero is very irritating whenever phobe is idle first we have to press red button then drag screen down to activate phone .

is there any setting by which phone gets directly activated on pressing red button without dragging screen down

press menu button twice

^

Just press menu button after hitting power key (or press menu key twice in hero)... Its a inbuilt safety device and I think its good for us...

HOWEVER if u would still like to proceed ; kindly root your phone and then remove this -

Removing the stock HTC lockscreen completely - remove the following apk at this location...

/system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk

also you can try 3rd party apps to do it for you like lockbot or keyguard disabler...

Edited by dkaile

How to set mobile number as default for all contacts?

That is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time too. Also it does mix up google and phone contacts (those restored from HTC sync).

Besides I made a group in people. Now when I want to forward an SMS, it will add the phone numbers of the people who do not have email ids and would add email ids of those that do. Naturally the sms will not be forwarded to email ids.

That is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time too. Also it does mix up google and phone contacts (those restored from HTC sync).

Besides I made a group in people. Now when I want to forward an SMS, it will add the phone numbers of the people who do not have email ids and would add email ids of those that do. Naturally the sms will not be forwarded to email ids.

Just long press on the number u want to be made default and you will get the option.

I also had the problem that email id were being added to the group i normaly forward, but this was because of facebook. 2.1 has a habit of picking up details from the personsffacebook account and making it default specially for sms. I got around it by making a 2nd id for each person in the list and not linking that id to facebook. But still looking for a better solution.

Its a hectic task to set default number as mobile for each an every contact manually... Gurus please help...

Updated to DevAlap Android 2.1.

Problems

1. Facebook does not integrate. I mean I can not link contacts with facebook. I can log in alright but the contacts wont update.

2. Can not unlock messages

Updated to DevAlap Android 2.1.

Problems

1. Facebook does not integrate. I mean I can not link contacts with facebook. I can log in alright but the contacts wont update.

2. Can not unlock messages

@tanveer

I am also using DevAlap2.1 rom. I am able to lock and unlock messages. Same procedure u have to use for unlocking.

Sivashankkar

I am sorry. I seemed to have missed it. I can do it.

Is someone else facing the facebook problem?

Also, is there someway that I delete a message from the thread and it does not scroll down to the last one? Very irritating if you have say 45 messages in the thread and you want to delete say first three. Each time you delete one, it goes to the last one and then you have to come back all over again.

It may have been asked before.

1. Is there anyway to sync phone using HTC sync with bluetooth rather than a wire?

2. Is the bluetooth transfer working in android 2.1 by default?

3. How do I install apps to sd card rather than the phone?

TO install apps on SD Card, you need to root the device and install custom ROM.

Which I have done.

Which I have done.

U need a kernel which supports a A2SD and then you have to implement the same.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=715116 check out this thread , it gives all the information required. Its recomended to have a class IV card to have good performance

Edited by doc_anurag
  • Like 1

Nice one Anurag, thanks

Hi Friends,

I updated my rom 2.1 (From HTC Web site).

Know Internet not working.I have read the forum but still not able to

fix it.I have also downloaded QPST V 2.7.323.But don't know what do next.

Please Help me. :unsurehelp:

Thanks

^

I would like to install a custom ROM 2.1 which one is recommend. I prefer a light ROM.

Try devalap

Try devalap

^^^ ditto...