Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shan1212

Reliance GSM GPRS Internet on PC ( With APN : Rcomnet ) In Prepaid Successfully Connected

I successfully connected reliance GSM GPRS prepaid with APN : rcomnet on PC

I like to share some details with Rimweb ..

1. Client IP Address getting : 10.247.xxx.xxx ie,( Proxy detecting )

2. Ping time with www.rediff.com : around 210ms ( Good Voice clarity with google Talk messenger)

3. Charge Deducting : Rs 2/MB

Problems

--------

1. According to customer care GPRS charge is == Rs 0.6/minute for peak time & Rs 0.3/minute for Off peak hours.

But here Rs 2/MB.

2. Data session automatically disconnecting after each 1 MB usage. ie, (If we finish 1 MB usage, gprs disconnects & we have to dial again..)

I am waiting for your comments...

sharafu..

• Like 1

charge deducting Rs. 2 per mb??

really confusing

I just used Rcomnet as APN on my iPhone (I've been looking around for some settings and people EVEN ON THIS BOARD said, there's NO WAY to connect to GPRS on reliance gsms without proxy settings bla bla, and as iPhone does not have APN proxy settings option only, I was quite dejected. BUT Thank you so much Shan1212, you came to the rescue, now even with the iPhone, I can connect to the internet using Rcomnet as APN (and thats it).

Now all I need to find out are the charges, but hey, I AM NOT COMPLAINING! :)

THANKS SO MUCH!

Take that you friggin reliance customer care employee, who said, "why dont you change your handset only if you want GPRS on your phone, coz reliance does NOT support Apple iPawn..." :)

I successfully connected reliance GSM GPRS prepaid with APN : rcomnet on PC

I like to share some details with Rimweb ..

1. Client IP Address getting : 10.247.xxx.xxx ie,( Proxy detecting )

2. Ping time with www.rediff.com : around 210ms ( Good Voice clarity with google Talk messenger)

3. Charge Deducting : Rs 2/MB

Problems

--------

1. According to customer care GPRS charge is == Rs 0.6/minute for peak time & Rs 0.3/minute for Off peak hours.

But here Rs 2/MB.

2. Data session automatically disconnecting after each 1 MB usage. ie, (If we finish 1 MB usage, gprs disconnects & we have to dial again..)

I am waiting for your comments...

sharafu..

to connect internet on RCONNECT APN, use MDN as username and password. It does not require any prox. If you want to activate plans,, one has to go to RWORLD, then subscribe to various available plans. Like Rs 99 for 300 MB per MOnth, daily passs of some Rs. 10 (25 MB max) etc.

Edited by kshah

^^^ How do I goto RWorld from my iPhone? Are you sure the settings you gave even work for iPhone?

I tried, and they kinda didnt, even though the rcomnet isnt really cheap, it still connects and I can do some work while on the go.. But still if I can choose a plan (like u mentioned) then nothing like it..

Hi Shaan,

Grateful for posting this topic. I just bought reliance prepaid GSM SIM card for my Iphone3G and have been playing around and searching topics online to get my data up and running.

Here's my findings (relevant for iPhone):

- forget about reliance world wap site. it'll never work on iPhone

- rcomnet is the only thing that works for me so far (no username and password) required

- reliance customer care is of no help. They also asked me to change my handset :). They are still confused as to how I was able to access data without activating in rworld.

- speed about 64-100 kbps

I did a lot of playing around to understand the charges and here is the analysis on the same:

- Cost of browsing is Rs 2 per Mb per session

- Please make note of the per session part

- Say for eg, you start browsing and browse about 100Kb of data. (The iPhone records the data usage in Usage so you can track the same). You are immediately charged Rs 2. Now say after 5 mins you start browsing again. Now you'll be charged again Rs 2 as its a new session now. They shall not start from the earlier session.

- So say if you browse 9 different times and use 100Kb of data each time (total of 0.9Mb), you shall NOT charged Rs 2 in total but Rs 18 as each one is treated a new session.

So guys..please keep this in mind while surfing...I didn't know about this earlier and my balance went down pretty fast :).

If anyone knows how to select some plan where charge is just on data and not on basis of per session it'll be great.

cheers......

• Like 1

Suddenly, after months of Dryness regarding RelianceGSM Prepaid GPRS and iPhone, there's LOTS and LOTS of new things I am learning, all in a day! :)

Thanks Shaan and netguru.. Specially netguru, for trying around stuff, i've been doing the same, but I couldnt pin point what the heck was going on (even my balance went down quite drastically). The whole Rs. 2 / MB and a Session is a "BRILLIANT" find.

As you said, nothing but Rcomnet works on the iPhone.

Worst part about iPhone (or actually Apple) is that there's no background applications that can work, so for egs if I am browsing and a call comes, the browsing "Session" is ended. This is frustrating for people who use Gtalk (Instant Messenger) a lot coz then not only does your Data Session get over, but even your Chat session, and you have to re-connect, everytime. Although that's just plain bad on Apple's and Google's part, but even if you open a new window to check something else, your Gtalk session gets logged out, that's plain s-t-u-p-i-d.

But anyways, Thanks both of you. This really helps (for now) and hopefully a new light is shown to us, on how to select a Data Plan, for iPhone + RCOM-GSM-GPRS

Hi Shaan,

Grateful for posting this topic. I just bought reliance prepaid GSM SIM card for my Iphone3G and have been playing around and searching topics online to get my data up and running.

Here's my findings (relevant for iPhone):

- forget about reliance world wap site. it'll never work on iPhone

- rcomnet is the only thing that works for me so far (no username and password) required

- reliance customer care is of no help. They also asked me to change my handset :). They are still confused as to how I was able to access data without activating in rworld.

- speed about 64-100 kbps

I did a lot of playing around to understand the charges and here is the analysis on the same:

- Cost of browsing is Rs 2 per Mb per session

- Please make note of the per session part

- Say for eg, you start browsing and browse about 100Kb of data. (The iPhone records the data usage in Usage so you can track the same). You are immediately charged Rs 2. Now say after 5 mins you start browsing again. Now you'll be charged again Rs 2 as its a new session now. They shall not start from the earlier session.

- So say if you browse 9 different times and use 100Kb of data each time (total of 0.9Mb), you shall NOT charged Rs 2 in total but Rs 18 as each one is treated a new session.

So guys..please keep this in mind while surfing...I didn't know about this earlier and my balance went down pretty fast :).

If anyone knows how to select some plan where charge is just on data and not on basis of per session it'll be great.

cheers......

but if u use proxy with rcomwap Apn charges will much less

only 50 paisa per mb

but it will not work in iPhone

however nothing is impossible ..............

Mtnl 1 paisa per 10 kb is much better works without proxy best for your iPhone

thats why android rocks...

Friends,

Thanks for your great comments..

some more points that you can check..

1. I cannot use Reliance GPRS on PC & Mobile with "APN : rcomnet" in SIM activated 5 months ago..

But with newly acivated SIM, its working.. So, Try GPRS with Newly Activated SIM.

If you call Customercare with this complaint, they will say its your problem, theis side is OK.. :rofl_200: & They will give wrong informatios..

2. GPRS Speed ( small variation in speed )

Browsing = 120-170 kbps

Downloading = 210 kbps

ping time with rediff.com = 210 ms.

3. If u chack with network connection :

Client IP Address : 10.243.xxx.xxx ( Its Local IP : it means , a proxy connection )

If you try with http://www.tracemyip.org/ , u will get

My IP address: 124.124.216.xxx

My IP country code: IN

My IP address country: ip address flag India

My IP address state: Karnataka

My IP address city: Bangalore

My ISP : RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS

4. Data pulse is per MB (/MB) & not Time based.

But Customer care will say its 0.6Rs/minute for peak time & 0.3 Rs/minute for off peak.. and ur billing is correct :rofl_200:

5. GPRS Disconnects if you finish 1 MB usage. Then we have to reconnect again..

If any solution to these problems.. please post soon

Happy X-Mas to all..

sharafu..

to connect internet on RCONNECT APN, use MDN as username and password. It does not require any prox. If you want to activate plans,, one has to go to RWORLD, then subscribe to various available plans. Like Rs 99 for 300 MB per MOnth, daily passs of some Rs. 10 (25 MB max) etc.

I think RConnect Plan is for Pay per Minute Check it out and use.

Friends

I have bought a at&t usb connect 881 aircard thru ebay which we can use with any of the 3G sim or gprs. I used Aircel prepaid unlimited pocket internet card and speed is good and the usb modem is very cute and is accepting all most all cards. It costs me 5450.00.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/658785182.png

Babulu

Edited by nellorian

I Suggest Reliance to give us following on Prepaid and Postpaid

1. WAP Plan (Whic is rcomwap) But no Clarity on Pricing / Tariff ( Customer Care is useless/clueless )

2. GPRS Plan ( Without Session / Without Proxy )

3. Plan Selection Must be must be SMS Based - RWorld is not Working on 70% of Phone event Nokia SuperNova Series which accounted more then 50% of Sale Last Year.

4. Like Airtel a Seperate Devision in Call Center for GPRS / WAP Activation by calls and Full Help of APN Settings on Website

A per Latest Reports Verizon Total Revenues comes from Data is $ 3.6 Billion = almiost 18000 Crores So Data will be Bigger Business then Voice in India after 2011 to 2015

Reliance Must have Seprate Devicesion for GPRs / 1x Data and HSDPA / EVDO Data on Mobile iwth Seperate Dedicated Website for it for Gidence.

Proper Tariff Structure and Simple Plans with any String Attached like Proxy / Sessions.

To Reliance we don't buy Apple iPhone / Google gPhone to Watch whats on RWorld But to Do so many Things in Clounds

I am using WM 6..

can anybody post gprs settings for wm6.???

boss for windows based phone u just type rcomnet as apn in ur gprs setting nothing

else is needed

boss for windows based phone u just type rcomnet as apn in ur gprs setting nothing

else is needed

Its not connecting with apn 'rcomnet'.

Hey guys,

Just got an iphone and i am using the Reliance GSM Network.

I tried Rcomnet as APN but it doesnt work. I have subscribed to the plan 199 Rupies for 750 Mb... So if i connect on a normal phone with the WAP settings with the proxy etc it works.

But however if i put Rcom Net as APN on my iphone it doesn't work. It says no plan subscribed on Data...

Which plan should I ask RCOm for using the APN RCOM NEt ? And not the RCOMWAP APN ?

Thanks a lot for your help, i am desesperate to make it work.

use rcomnet as APN , leave proxy, dnsmdhcp as it is , select connect as internet and then try to connect if not reply with phone model details

Hey guys,

Just got an iphone and i am using the Reliance GSM Network.

I tried Rcomnet as APN but it doesnt work. I have subscribed to the plan 199 Rupies for 750 Mb... So if i connect on a normal phone with the WAP settings with the proxy etc it works.

But however if i put Rcom Net as APN on my iphone it doesn't work. It says no plan subscribed on Data...

Which plan should I ask RCOm for using the APN RCOM NEt ? And not the RCOMWAP APN ?

Thanks a lot for your help, i am desesperate to make it work.

rcomwap is not supported in iphone as it support proxyless connection only check with customer care about whether rcomnet is activated 4 ur number ,or else u can subscribe to windows mobile plan which is newly introduced

Hi

What is the new windows plan ? it doesn t use proxy ? what are the settings ?

Thanks again, impossible to get the rcomnet on postpaid with the call center they don t know what they speak about

Not sure, I do not have any data plan / net connect plan on my GSM connection, All I have is GPRS activated which I use regularly thru my HTC phone (Postpaid)

I want to browse Internet on my PC through my mobile phone connection, so can I do it without any Net connect plan? Cant I use Internet Sharing feature?

I have tried using Internet sharing feature and I am able to access sites on phone, but on the PC it does not work.

Please help

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

thats why android rocks...

@ dkalie.....hey buddy, if u got an android, plz help me out wid d GPRS settings. I got an HTC Desire. d only setting which works for me is rcomwap wid a proxy. but all i can do is surf. no apps can connect to d net. I am into the Rs. 99 for 3 GB(jus changed from 2.5 GB Free) plan. No other GRPS plans as well from REL, Are apps workin fine in ur phone???

I use the Rs.95 plan which is for rcomnet..it gives 200MB per month..

I believe that the Rs.99 plan wont work for rcomnet..