Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Gave Up Reliance Communication For MTS

After banging my head against the walls of Rcom for last 10 days today I decided to give up my 4 year old RCDMA number.

I got an MTS number for Rs. 100 with Rs. 100 TT, meaning virtually free sim. I did 30 recharge for all local calls@1/2paise per second and another 30 recharge for 100local/national sms per day. Going by my sms usage which is no where close to 100/day I think I will be better off with this plan.

I am happy after a long time.

Sad to hear about your disillusionment with Reliance, but these are exciting times for us as consumers; little service problems u will find with all operators and with newer ones more so, specially coverage depth; so i wud advise you to not to take any decision in haste...

Sad to hear about your disillusionment with Reliance, but these are exciting times for us as consumers; little service problems u will find with all operators and with newer ones more so, specially coverage depth; so i wud advise you to not to take any decision in haste...

Well said

10 days wont pass off as haste. And it was a big problem for me being unable to text at all. May be in other circles things are better but not in Delhi where I stay. I generally am patient with things which is clear from the fact that I used the same number for 4 years. And MTS has great coverage in Delhi. I did my homework before taking this decision.

I would use it if and when Rcdma gets rid of its problems in Delhi. Till then its bye bye to Mr. Ambani.

Edited by sachinrocks

Himanshu !

it will be great if you can share ur experience about MTS after some usage

yeah ,,.. it will give insight to many members to shift or not to mts

Friends, a few things which I would like to share after using MTS for close to 24 hours:

1. Voice clarity is as good as one would expect from CDMA.

2. I havent come across problems of calls not getting connected as it happens in RGSM in Delhi circle.

3. 1/2 per second for local calls at a daily rent of Re.1 is quite cost effective. I made a local call for 157 seconds (close to 3 mins one can say) and was charged only 79 paise(neat saving of 78paise).

4. I get 100 free local/national sms at a daily rent of Re.1 which is as good or may be even better than Reliance as it has no rental whatsoever.With Rcom I have to pay Rs.11 every 30 days over and above my sms charges@1paise.So if my usage does not cross 100sms/day I save Rs.11 a month on MTS.

5.The sms pack is not valid while roaming which is understandable for a new company.

6.After every call I get an sms which tells me my last call duration and the cost charged. I find that useful.

7.Whenever I check my account balance, I get an sms update about my sms balance too(like how many of daily quota of 100 free sms are left)which is again very useful.

8.Caller tune monthly rental is Rs.15 only.

Today when I go out to South Delhi and a few malls' underground parking, I would check its coverage and signal strength and share that detail with you all.

Well said

i don't think so..

U guys r get emotionally attached with RCDMA.

Move to mts will hold true with CDMA technology, remember those initial days of rcom cdma, we were very much happy with voic clarity and rworld data speed.

Gear up guys,

Lets MOVE TO SAVE(MTS).............

I agree ur views with gsm operator like rgsm, uninor, s Tel and even docomo also.

Edited by saket_kewate

I am also using MTS for the last 2 months in kolkata circle. but as addon phone network coverage is at par with reliance (some expection in basement or out of city say 10 kms) I am satisfied with the voice clarity and quality and ofcourse saving too. I will switch rcom to mts once MNP become effective.

Well I made an observation of coverage and signal strength throughout yesterday(near Delhi cantt, Vasant Kunj, Vasant Vihar, RK Puram, Nehru place, Sheikh Sarai, Green park,Dwarka etc) and boy I dint miss RCDMA a bit.

If Rcom anticipated that launching such cheap sms packs would lead to a lot of churn in market,I would have to admit they were right but only so.

I shifted away from them after 5 years.(I had taken my first RCDMA number way back on September 11,2004).So its only Rcom which I find responsible for my churn.

I guess people can stick with a service provider only till and if they are given quality not otherwise.

never even heard of mts here in west up; how will i change to it... lol... thats the problem with regional players... no pan india coverage yet... how will ur phones work when i throw a party in meerut and invite u guys for dinner... lol...

sachin suna.... shahar ke 60km bahar coverage nahi hai abhi.... lol...

Edited by dkaile

Baba Even reliance was pathetic during its early days. I remember going to my native place at Bihar and no network till as late as 2007. And mind you by 2007 it boasted of network everywhere.

OK then baba ji, I need MTS immediately... I will give 1000 bucks to someone who will get it for me here in Meerut NOW... ROFLMAO

After every call get an sms which tells last call duration and the cost charged.

This features not found in RCDMA. This is very useful

Tata Indicom never came in Profit from last 10 years and so will happen to all these operator eventually they will get took over, merged into Better and bigger one.

Stick to Best CDMA Operator this is my personal Suggestion

never even heard of mts here in west up; how will i change to it... lol... thats the problem with regional players... no pan india coverage yet... how will ur phones work when i throw a party in meerut and invite u guys for dinner... lol...

MTS will roll out service in pan india by Dec2010,

Till that time they use tata cdma network for roaming,

and i guess tata cdma have full coverage in all cities, town , villages, highway, so no problem of roaming.

Tata Indicom never came in Profit from last 10 years and so will happen to all these operator eventually they will get took over, merged into Better and bigger one.

Stick to Best CDMA Operator this is my personal Suggestion

i don't consider profitability of operator, till the time i get good service, good netwotk and OFCOURCE BEST TARIFF

what was happen to BPL mobile, they were also not profitable and taken over by hutch(vodafone),

And customer were benifited .

BPL was and Vodafone still is one of Worst Operator in Congestions, Damn Slow GPRS. Who is Benefited ?

How can Believe in Operator who dont even have Single Tower Except fro Rajasthan, Haryana and some North-West State.

My dear friend MTS has network agreement with TATA indicom for national roaming so it will work in meerut too :Sorprendido:

Friends, a few things which I would like to share after using MTS for close to 24 hours:

7.Whenever I check my account balance, I get an sms update about my sms balance too(like how many of daily quota of 100 free sms are left)which is again very useful.

I am not getting this info. I remember once I crossed my 100 free sms limit and lost all my balance. I was so frustrated and I asked customer care executives also. They said their is no way to know, how many free sms are you left with. Are you sure you are getting this information when you check your balance. If yes, can you tell me how its done ??

If its not launched in your state, you wont get it for even 1 Crore.

And who is persuading you or anyone else to take MTS?

I merely posted my bad experience with Reliance CDMA in Delhi.(For bad experiences related to sms from people from other circles you would be better advised to read another thread thats running in Reliance prepaid cdma titled "RCDMA GSM network in mess in Delhi NCR".

Its a free country and we are free to use any operator. One cant help if people are emotionally attached to any provider.

or emotionally dis-attached for that matter.... lol...

You are taking it personal dude. Its not meant to be.

And I can bet I used Rcdma more than you did till now.

Edited by sachinrocks

nothing personal mate... just enjoying some exchange of thoughts... this is a free country and everyone's free to choose whatever he wants to do...same with u... and I m day 1 subscriber since rcom was launched in india when we got our first samsung/lg mobiles by COURIER directly from Reliance in their DAPO schemes... and at present have more than 50 connections for my staff... so dont bet...

but do take heed of what many experienced people like hetal etc. say... they have researched these things much more than us...

Any amount of research wont take away the problems that me and several others have been facing since Dec.8 with respect to smsming. How do you explain that?

How do you explain the poor state of RGSM when calls made frm Rgsm dont even get connected after 6 in evening?

Tell me one instance that any company has taken this long to fix such problems? I would gladly take their advice.

No wonder someone having more than 50 numbers would take your position. Its no surprise now to me!!!

Edited by sachinrocks