Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

All about LG 5130

the display shuts down after the phone is idle for abt 1 minute. This is a very irritating bug, which renders this handset pretty much useless!

14233[/snapback]

It is not a bug. I have seen many GSM handsets (colour) which shut down the display when idle. Like Nokia 3530, Samsung X100 etc. I believe it is a safeguard to keep the screen alive & kicking for years to come.

Indeed that is intentional to save abttery and the display itself.

Pressing any key will resume where U had left. :)

thats true. in my opinion, the LG5130 is the best reliance phone as of now.(only i would have loved the speakerphone activation to be with a press of a button instead of actually holding down a button of 2seconds)

Hi I just rang Rel CC the lady there told that 5130 is available for upgrade in Nagpur at the price of 4999 and a discount of 750 for DAPO upfront payers

Now I would like to know is it a good option to upgrade from 2030 to 5130 Can anybody who has used both mobile please help me in this matter and tell me the pros and cons of such an upgradation

I have been using RD5130 for the past two weeks. All the probs mentioned in this forum, are being faced by me too. SMS size, Battery life, Rubber Buttons, Address book search too slow, etc etc. I am facing more troubles than positive things on this RD5130. I have been using 6210 and 6310 for nearly 4 years now. I can't fine half the good functionalities of that Nokia in this. Kindly suggest me a link where I can get a software to work around in the handset. I have got a data cable for it after searching up and down the whole of Trivandrum.

Hi ppl,

I have recently purchased lg5130 along with USB data-cable - and just joined this forum today.

1) Upon installing the CD that came with data-cable, I could get my 5130 to work as a modem - could surf web etc. AFTER setting my data rate (in phone) to 115kbps (and not USB - as one would have thought!). However, I am just not able to use the PC Sync software (LG Desktop Lite) that comes in the CD... I am not clear which COM port to use (1 or 2)? Presently I have a dial-up modem attached to my com-1. My com-2 is free. How do I assign my USB port to com-2 or com-3 etc? Pls help.

2) Has anyone succesfully downloaded new RTs on 5130 using bitpim (or other free software)? if yes, pls help/guide.

many many thanks.

darshan

--------------------

darshan424@rediffmail.com

Hi ppl,

I have recently purchased lg5130 along with USB data-cable - and just joined this forum today.

1) Upon installing the CD that came with data-cable, I could get my 5130 to work as a modem - could surf web etc. AFTER setting my data rate (in phone) to 115kbps (and not USB - as one would have thought!). However, I am just not able to use the PC Sync software (LG Desktop Lite) that comes in the CD... I am not clear which COM port to use (1 or 2)? Presently I have a dial-up modem attached to my com-1. My com-2 is free. How do I assign my USB port to com-2 or com-3 etc? Pls help. 

2) Has anyone succesfully downloaded new RTs on 5130 using bitpim (or other free software)? if yes, pls help/guide. 

many many thanks.

darshan

--------------------

darshan424@rediffmail.com

17793[/snapback]

you have to rename the dll file & ur all set to sync

In Windows XP, you can change the port number through the properties menu. Check out the Technical Programming forum for a similar query.

Hi Hyper,

got the following attachment from webworld nearby - and downloaded it as instructed. BUT IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK!!

connector_dll.zip

I just cannot get the USB com port in Desktop lite sync setup - only the serial comm ports showup (no matter what i name them!)

my OS is win98se. i have a 5130+usb cable.

Internet access works fine - but PC sync just does not work!! :( :'(

Really really appreciate any help/inputs - even LG service centers and webworld have no clue ;)

thanx in anticipation...

darshan424

you have to rename the dll file & ur all set to sync

17808[/snapback]

the pc sync was made for the 2030 or the 7130 in the start & they did not probably expect that they would launch the 5130 or the 7230. find the install folder under C:\programs\LGSYNC\ (or whatever the folders name is..there u will find a dll file by the name of ****2030**.dll or ****7130**.dll. leave everything the same & just rename it & put ur model no whe the other model no is. now restart ur computer & ur set to sync

Hi Hyper,

got the following attachment from webworld nearby - and downloaded it as instructed. BUT IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK!!

connector_dll.zip

I just cannot get the USB com port in Desktop lite sync setup - only the serial comm ports showup (no matter what i name them!)

my OS is win98se. i have a 5130+usb cable.

Internet access works fine - but PC sync just does not work!!   :angry:   :angry:

Really really appreciate any help/inputs - even LG service centers and webworld have no clue  :confuse:

thanx in anticipation...

darshan424

18249[/snapback]

hi,

i have been using rd5130 for past 2 months or so. not able to access "greetings" in r world , so no wallpapers. does bitpim work with rd 5130, plz guide.

xnil please go thru this post carefully and U will know how to do it using MMS :clap:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2031

18838[/snapback]

well i tried sending mms by email through 1st smtp, but since mms is not working since the 93 change, this method also does not work out. i have a data cable which i used successfully for pc sync, but not able to do so in bitpim. cannot see all the folders. is there any other software. plz suggest some way for uploading rt/wallpapers in 5130

It wont work with bitpim dear :clap:

hey,

anyone wanting to sell their LG 5130.

i would like to buy it...quote ur price too...

am just fed up with my Samsung 191

luv

jigar

Hi,

I continued with Samsung N191 for 1 and half yrs...and now migrated to LG RD 5130...and believe me its worth all the single penny. 65K colors does the magic! Speaker phone is like too much!...

If u have a b/w phone and want to migrate to a color one...I recommend..RD 5130.

I'm Lovin it! :confuse::confuse:

Hi,

I continued with Samsung N191 for 1 and half yrs...and now migrated to LG RD 5130...and believe me its worth all the single penny. 65K colors does the magic! Speaker phone is like too much!...

If u have a b/w phone and want to migrate to a color one...I recommend..RD 5130.

I'm Lovin it! :):clap:

31687[/snapback]

I have similar experience of loving my 5130, which i bought after using LG 2130 for about a year.

R-world videos in 65K color and the speaker, look in an altogether different world from a b/w set .... you can compare a color handset (5130) to a color tv, but LG 2130 is far worse than a b/w tv .... u just can't use it for videos

My Experience on LG 5130

I have LG 5130 and USB Data Cable Third party which I brought for Rs 350/-

:blink:Problems :P

:wacko: Not yet able to upload a single Wallpaper/ Ring tones to my phone

:( Not able to save MMS tones to my ring tone list on my phone. I am only able to save the MMS not the ringtone/wallpaper

:( Not able to decect modem using my phone and Data cable (So cant connect R-Connect

:( Echo Issue

:( Call Drop

I already upgraded the Firmware from the LG service center still not yet solved all these issue, any one can help me in any of these issues?

seems to be an odd case.i have a 5130 and does not give any of these problems :confuse:

Hi Friend, Are u able to connect R-connect using the Third party Data cable on 5130, Does any one got connected. ( My 5130 is only 1 month old, its new also had upgraded the firmware) :confuse: