Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

All about LG 5130

Well, i have the original data cable, but does not matter since the usb cable is essentially a usb to serial converter :rolleyes:

Hi Ganesh,

can u explain it, I could'nt get ur post :rolleyes:

Well what i mean to say is, original and duplicate does not make much difference here since both works with the same hardware and technology..........but defenitly the former has better quality of build etc. SO if you are so unlucky, the aftermarket cable can be faulty.

The Reliance Webworld in Dombivli (East) is offering this handset at Rs.4200/-

Check out with them reg LG 5130. The RWW is opp. Tilaknagar Post Office near Parasmani Circle. Tel : 0251 - 3090789

You can get this handset for Rs.3799 from local delears.

which dealers are u talking abt. i enquired from a local dealer he is giving it just at a difference of Rs 100 from ww for all models.

Keep looking and u'll find a dealer who'll offer real good rates than MRP in your own city as well... keep looking is the keyword.

Maybe its different in different places, but LG RD 5130 is available in Trivandrum for Rs.3799

Anybody know RD 5130 current price in Delhi.

I am going to buy it next week because many members have adviced me to go for this phone. And I also feel by reading the posts in the forum that it is the phone with less bugs.

You should be able to get it for Rs. 4200/- or less.

Though I am not sure, if Reliance webworld will give it to you at less than Rs. 4999/- (I got it from webworld for 4999, way back in sept '04).

The other thing is reliance is offering rs. 1000/- free rim-2-rim talktime for all new phones bought. Not sure, if you'll get the 1000/- talktime if you don't buy from webworld.

The best part of 5130 is the Color Screen + Speaker at a reasonable price. So, R-world videos look really good compared to any B&W set.

I love my phone, even though I got it costlier at Rs. 4999/-

As per the latest Ad in 'The Hindu' newspaper (TN edition), LG RD 5130 -prepaid is available for Rs.3399 with Free Reebok T-Shirt at Reliance Web World Express !

LG RD 6130 is available for Rs.6399 as well.

As per the latest Ad in 'The Hindu' newspaper (TN edition), LG RD 5130 -prepaid is available for Rs.3399 with Free Reebok T-Shirt at Reliance Web World Express !

34181[/snapback]

Really????????

If it is true I am going to purchase this today only.

Please confirm that you have not mistyped the figure?? :)

Guys, If the webworlds or WWEs are selling at these rates, be assured that the dealers will sell it at even lower rates. So get to know these dealers in ur towns, and get the prices from them! It varies from city to city.

Yesterday I have enquired about the rates at RWWE near to my home and they told me that they can give 5130 to me at Rs. 4200. I have told him about the ad in Hindu newspaper posted by Amit but he told me that Rs. 1000 talktime is free so it may be the ad policy of Reliance nothing more than that.

So as bhutes has posted the rate about Rs. 4200 the RWWE is offering the same. Today I will check the price at dealers and will purchase the phone from where it is of less price.

Any suggestion about price????

Edited by solanky

even i wanted to purchase this set.

the ww guyz told me that i'll have to give rs 4200 under which i'll get the phone along with connection and gift hamper worth 1500(including talktime worth 1000 and shaving kit :confuse: )

34181[/snapback]

i enquired about this scheme here in delhi but they told me that no such scheme is available rite now.

also another wwexpress quoted me price of rs 4500 with connection and no other offer.

my question is that is there any diff b/w prices and offer in diff ww and wwe. if yes than can someone provide me the prices so we delhietes can get this one at cheapest.(i don't want 2 purchase from a dealer coz the ww guy told me " jo bhi dealer se phone leta hai ek mahine baad uska phone band ho jata hai")

:wacko::wacko:

p.s- the above stated prices were from rel ww- model town and rel wwe bali nagar, delhi

dealer wala phone band ho jataa hai!! Wow!! kyun bhai? woh phone koi alag factory se nikalta hai?? hehe!!

tht assumption is absolutely dumb! Only care u need to take care is tat phone must be a box packed piece and that it shud come to u wid a proper bill.

I've inquired with a customer care number in Coimbatore and the price for LG RD 6130 was at Rs.6199 for prepaid and Rs.6799 for post paid. I guess they don't have uniform rates for handsets even in the same state :)

I have checked the price for 5130 from a dealer. First he told me the price Rs. 3700 and said that if any body gives you phone lesser than it then that will be a duplicate phone???????

But then I bargained with him and now he is ready to give the phone with 1000 rs. talktime for Rs. 3200. (With Bill)

Rs. 1000 difference in the dealer and WWE price ( as i have posted earlier).

Can any body tell that this differnce is usual???? Or the phone he is offering me at Rs. 3200 has any catch behind it????

I understand the price is around Rs.3800-4000 (at least in Kanpur). I am nit sure whether it is the WW price or the Mandi price.

Please do not, if you want a data connectivity. the cable is not available with Reliance (at least not on the web listing) and the independent cables do not work, or are at least a pain. Read the thread on this.

Also, the user interface is a nightmare.

After surviving with it for about 8 months I am changing to a Nokia. Earlier, Samsung 191 was also pretty OK.

I understand the price is around Rs.3800-4000 (at least in Kanpur). I am nit sure whether it is the WW price or the Mandi price.

Please do not, if you want a data connectivity. the cable is not available with Reliance (at least not on the web listing) and the independent cables do not work, or are at least a pain. Read the thread on this.

Also, the user interface is a nightmare.

After surviving with it for about 8 months I am changing to a Nokia. Earlier, Samsung 191 was also pretty OK.

34457[/snapback]

Hi sgittk,

You may be right in your view but there are very few options available in RIM handsets. Personally I don't like Nokia phones and in this forum there is very bad review of any other black and white phone. Now only 5130 option left for me according to my budger which is less than 4000. If you have any option then you are most welcome?????

I didn't know, that there was problem (of availability of data cables) for R-connect connectivity via 5130.

(I don't use R-connect ... so I escape any hardship on that count).

Yes, you don't have much option for a color handset around 4000. It's only 5130. Nokia's are no good because they don't carry R-world.

And I can't think why anyone would buy a color handset if not for R-world. He would be better off with a good B&W handset. (Among those available, I would have bought LG 2230). LG 2230 is also looks fine ... but I don't like the design of Samsung sets (Slim or Boss). This review is based only on photos ;-) ... I don't know a thing about features.

But if it's only for voice calls and SMS.. a 2000 rupee B&W set is great.

So, indeed when you buy a 5130 .... make sure you understand, you are paying the extra 2000 bucks for R-world. I don't see any additional advantage in 5130 over a b&w set .. over and above the COLORED R-WORLD. That's it.

Bhutes,

My views are almost same as of yours. I also think that if anyone purchasing a Reliance handset than it is better to chosse a R-World supporting handset.

But I think besides colored R-World the speaker phone is also a feature in 5130 which is not in its b&W counterparts????