Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

All about LG 5130

Oh yeah .. I forgot the speaker phone ;-)..

Yeah colored+speaker .... but both cater to R-world functionality only

And to top even that both cater to .. .the VIDEO functionality (Aajtak, NDTV, CNBC), bollywood videos etc...

For the pure textual data applications of R-world ... u don't really need the colors or the speaker ... so any R-world enabled B&W would also be fine. ... but then R-world enabled B&W doesn't come cheap either.

LG 2030 itself maybe around 3000 bucks ... so why not go for 5130 with all the colors & the speaker ??

btw.. color sets maybe better for playing games (compared to b&w) .. but remember games are costly ... most are in pay-on-entry basis .. so about Rs. 2/- per entry. (Another thing is colored wall papers ... some are very good in color ... and atleast some good ones are under membership plan also)

Future videos may also be paid (Sholay videos are about Rs. 7/- ... same I guess for Dhoom and all) ... but News videos (I expect) will be in Membership (Aajtak, CNBC).. or some Free too (IndiaTV news, NDTV).

I won't quite advise you to buy a 3000 bucks B&W R-world enabled set, though ... 5130 is better, if you get it in just a 1000 bucks more.

Nice post bhutes, that's why I have decided to buy 5130.

So far I came to know only one problem in it - the SMS limit is of 140 characters. But you can't get eveything everytime. We have to choose from limited options.

Edited by solanky

yeah.. sms, again i never use .. so, didn't even know the character limit and all.

but an additional input is this: my dad uses lg 2030 .. so i can compare the memory limit for saving videos ... it's higher in 5130 than 2030.

If somebody has seen that long "Taal -- rules of life" clipping .. it can be saved on the 5130 itself (it downloads) .. but on 2030 ... it comes as "buffering" .. so u can view it only from the network only. -- I guess that Taal clip is atleast 1.5 minutes (maybe 2+ also .. didn't check).

(That clip is no longer available on R-world .... it was, when everything was free)

Finally, Yesterday I have purchased RD 5130 from Preet Vihar Web World, New Delhi for Rs. 4200.

As it is less than 24 hours after purchasing I cannot write more but so far it looks like a very good phone. It is good value for money. A far far better if we compare to the GSM counterparts in the same price tag ( Like Nokia 2600).

I have checked the price for 5130 from a dealer. First he told me the price Rs. 3700 and said that if any body gives you phone lesser than it then that will be a duplicate phone???????

But then I bargained with him and now he is ready to give the phone with 1000 rs. talktime for Rs. 3200. (With Bill)

Rs. 1000 difference in the dealer and WWE price ( as i have posted earlier).

Can any body tell that this differnce is usual???? Or  the phone he is offering me at Rs. 3200 has any catch behind it????

34401[/snapback]

where did you buy it? i am also interested in buying, what price does he quote for LG 6130?

Hai Friends, I have updated my mob S/W for RD 5130 from the service centre. After that my Rconnect become very slow. No other changes...... Any one did that? What is the imp. of updating the mob s/w if there is no bugs ;) My new s/w version is RD513F11. Waiting for ur replay!!

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hello folks,

Yest i bought a USB data cable from LG Service pune for my LG RD 5130. The service center person gave me copy of CD written on CD-R.

When i start RConnectInstall.exe it asks me for model number and cable type. After selecting 5130 and USB i pressed Next.

I get error "Sorry, Failed to start the R Connect Wizard."

So now i downloaded from rconnect_lg_rd_5130_usb.zip from relianceinfo.com.

I started installation. At some point installer tells me to connect the phone to cable and cable to my computer. After doing that windows installs USB to Serial Converter and USB Serial Port. The drivers were installed from the windows update as no drivers were found !. After that i see same wizard screen with disabled Next button. I'm stuck here!!

What do i do?

call to *333 proves worthless. Please help!!

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Anyways regarding my earlier topic.

Here in pune LG Service Centre does not provide a CD for installing data cable. They gave me a copy of CD on CD-R which was not working. Online on relianceinfo.com the software that is provided does not work !!!

So i ended up again at the service centre which is 30kms from my place.. Had to take half day to get this damn thing fixed!!

So when i start to raise voice then they get original CD and start the installation on my laptop.

Now the installation is successful and i have taken the copy of original CD.

So if anyone needs it let me know i can send u the zip file of original CD.

I dont believe LG is so hopeless in there service.

I would like to have the same.

please mail me a copy to ashokjp@gmail.com

or else contact me thru profile.

Please send me on my mail - ehsurat@sancharnet.in

I tried cable having USB connection and could not use due to improper driver. Now COM port cable is working fine. But Laptop only have USB port.

Hello,

I'll send the zip file of the CD to Arun. He will make it available to everyone on this site. Today i'm facing bandwidth problem in my office. Hope to get it resolved soon. Sorry for the delay.

Please help me. I am new for Rimweb. Please describe me Working Condition of the Key Pad of LG RD 5130. Somebody say me that the keypad is very disturbing because of Rubber Band. So it might get some wear-tear early. And want to know the accurate (about) details of Talk time and Stand by time. Because I cannot depend on the Reliance description of that phone on their respected website. Presently, I used LG RD 2030, and want to purchase this phone. But I am very confused about its keypad and battery life. And also describe me other prose or conse, if possible, which are not describe in this or other posting.

Thanks for reading.

Please help me. I am new for Rimweb. Please describe me Working Condition of the Key Pad of LG RD 5130. Somebody say me that the keypad is very disturbing because of Rubber Band. So it might get some wear-tear early. And want to know the accurate (about) details of Talk time and Stand by time. Because I cannot depend on the Reliance description of that phone on their respected website. Presently, I used LG RD 2030, and want to purchase this phone. But I am very confused about its keypad and battery life. And also describe me other prose or conse, if possible, which are not describe in this or other posting.

Thanks for reading.

37754[/snapback]

I send this query related to the LG RD 5130. But no body solved my problem. Please help so i can decide, whether i purchase this phone or not. Presently I have LG RD 2030 and GTRAN GCP with two batteries and Both phones are Working Great.

:clap::confuse: Waiting for Reply! :D:clap:

Thanks in advance.

There isn't any problem with the keypad, it does feel soft, but it hasn't wor out for me even after using it for a long time. The battey life is much better than LG RD 2030 and you can really feel the difference since you were a 2030 user.

ya there is a problem with the keypad, I was using 5130 for last just 4months. Even now the keypad looks very bad

Depends on how you use it, rough use can make those rubber keys go bad. Mine doesn't have any problem, bought about an year ago when it was launched.

Got my gf a 5130. ... got it cheap (seconds!) nice one ! liked the colors, now searching around for the data cables... hope to upload a few ringtones soon

Cheers

Ashok

But one thing on this phone is good the Loud speaker and the Color, ITs really cool

Hello guys i m new to this rimweb but liked it for the experiences & i would like to share the same

1st - i don't see any probs with keypad i.e. working fine, sufficient space in between keys. :P

2nd - Colour display is fine (i guess no other phone in this range gives u better clarity than this 1) :cheer:

3rd - speaker phone bole to ekdam jhakaas, aur micro phone be bilkul fine. It can catch your voice with much clarity for a distance of 1 mtr (as i m concerned about my handset). :wub:

4th - Even can c videos such as news & songs (of course from R-World). Clarity is satisfactory. :clap:

5th - Battery generally lasts for 1 and half day for a average talker. :clap:

The problem what i saw was " The message alert tone is too slow to get a alert. I don't know whether it is for allthe sets or only for mine. But one of my friend told me the same problem. Guys ple's look this seriously as sometimes i get alert after 1 hour (when i c my mobile instantly).

There's one more proble, as u c the voice & sound is good in this handset, but only when, when your handset was lying with its back upwards. (Got my point - okey okey explaning yaar). The problem with the handset is the speakers were given on back of your handset. So The voice of ringtone is too slow to hear when its lying straight (i.e. facing upwards) & the voice of ringtone is too LOUD when mobiles back faces upwards.

So this is what i got to know about all this handset. will share more later......

First thanks to u Tarun for your description.

I want some help from u. You have 5130 mobile. Please add some infomration about the accessory which come with the box of Mobile in the following thread http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=4520 . I think you can add more review here also.

Waiting for your support in that thread!

Thanks and Take Care!

Tarun u can change the Message alert settings of your phone easliy to overcome this problem.

Hi alll... :help:

I hav LG RD 5130 hand set and USB Cable too... I want S/W for interfacing my mobile with PC... Do ny bdy hav dat???

If so, Pls do send the same to mail4sams@gmail.com or mail4@sams@hotmail.com

Hop so i ll get positive reply frm dis group.. :(

SamS ^_^

:'( :):confuse: i tried downloading wallpapers to my lg5130 but failed.can anyone explain how to do it free downlading of wallpapers

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta