User Name = leave it blank

Pass word = leave it blank

One You see E or EDGE on Top

open this Website

http://wap.rworld.co.in

Done

• Like 4

:thumb: +1 Edited by dkaile

And how about no proxy connection on reliance CDMA?

there is an option in settings >> for internet sharing

use pdanet

jus a small query....these settings are only for surfing the net or for a full access to all apps like gtalk, FB client maps etc? i am using HTC Desire.

I read on the RCOM website that they have allowed unrestricted access to all sites n everything. but when i try accessing on my android, i am only able to surf, but not connect from gtalk or the other apps. when i insert airtel sim, everything works gr8 even with the pay per use plan.

This is strange. When i insert my Reliance sim into E72, all apps work aloong with browsing. So im confused, is this a prob with Reliance Settings for android or Reliance has actually blocked for android but are allowing everything on symbian?

plz help!!

Isn't there any simple way to do it on Android as it can be done on Windows Mobile? Why there is no way to do it on the handset itself (by not connecting to desktop and doing it through CDMA workshop etc)?

^

It seems a manufacturer requirement nowadays for this task made so hard in most android phones; though a program for the same can be created but in most cases the nams are locked for this to go through straight away...

I too miss the ease with which it can be done on windows mobile though...

Edited by dkaile

Dhiraj ji, android is so open for all other applications, while it is not so user-friendly for settings like this one. It appears a paradox to me. I could not even find a way to make SMS delivery notification active on my Fascinate. I asked the question to everybody here, but nobody seems to have an answer.

Even I could not pair one of my bluetooth headset to my Fascinate. That is Samsung WEP 200. Samsung handset fails to recognize own brand bluetooth headset, which was otherwise easily recognizable by my hTC Touch.

These are somewhat offtopic, I beg apology for that, but I felt it necessary to tell it here.

Go to SMS

Press Menu - go to Settings - Tick the Delivary Reports in SMS Section

EASY

Yes, sms delivery notifications and ease of setting ppp username/pw are some quircks in the android os; though the former one may be network/phone related than android related as I got the sms delivery notifications on my Hero... no issues are faced with any bluetooth device ever by me till date on android...

that said, its a very small price for the exceptional flexibility and usability of the android os as a whole...

Go to SMS

Press Menu - go to Settings - Tick the Delivary Reports in SMS Section

There is no such option in Samsung Fascinate :NOTriste: I'm unlucky.

Yes, sms delivery notifications and ease of setting ppp username/pw are some quircks in the android os; though the former one may be network/phone related than android related as I got the sms delivery notifications on my Hero... no issues are faced with any bluetooth device ever by me till date on android...

that said, its a very small price for the exceptional flexibility and usability of the android os as a whole...

True, Dhiraj ji. Small prices paid for great flexibilities.

But I couldn't pair my WEP 200 (Samsung made) bluetooth headset on Samsung Fascinate. But it recognised Jabra 3030.

I finally have jumped to android with milestone xt 800

can i have the r wold/ net connect settings / apn for this phone ?

ty in advance

Edited by nitink

connecting netconnect is very easy, but is there a way to access rworld ?

I agree with sougatesc, did not find the sms option under settings on my Epic 4G either. May be this is removed in Froyo!

Install Anycut and enter the following settings

hostname: wapgw.ricinfo.com

port: 8080

URL: http://wap.rworld.co.in

But for this the username password configured in your mobile needs to be RWorld not netconnect MDN/MDN. So be very careful else you will run up huge bills.

But for this the username password configured in your mobile needs to be RWorld not netconnect MDN/MDN. So be very careful else you will run up huge bills.

how to ensure that we are using rworold only ? and wud the username and pass be the mobile number ?

can someone tell me how to activate R world on android ?

i asked in the other thread too but seems no one replied.

diapn shared this

i tried playing around and as a result lost the entire reliance connection in settings.. had to restore to factory default settings to get it back. can anyone explain as to how to do it ?

ty in advance.

Is this phone officially from reliance? Is the data enabled and you are looking only for rworld?

What user id and password are you using?

It is different from Windows where you could just put id and pass word in the connections.

diapn shared this

i tried playing around and as a result lost the entire reliance connection in settings.. had to restore to factory default settings to get it back. can anyone explain as to how to do it ?

ty in advance.

Sorry to hear but that is why I told you to check very carefully what user ID password you are using before changing.

RWorld will only work if you are using RWorld ID password which is different from netconnect MDN ID password. Both cannot be used simultaneously.

If you were already using RWorld ID password before please follow Dhiraj ji's thread to enable data.

On the other hand if you are subscribed to netconnect plan and were using MDN ID password then configure MDN/MDN in QPST again and forget on the RWorld thing.

I suggest you take help of your seller or Hetal bhai to get your data configured correctly.

Is this phone officially from reliance? Is the data enabled and you are looking only for rworld?

What user id and password are you using?

It is different from Windows where you could just put id and pass word in the connections.

motorola milestone xt 800/glam , its on reliance website and the packaging shows the name of the distributor air tyme. Same handset is avaliable at reliance web world for 21k to 24k and chrome at 19,990.

for the default settings for reliance if i use username and pass as my phone number, i can connect to internet. But that wud be connecting to "netconnect" and charges are exorbitant. Am sure there is a way to install web world in this phone and on other androids. The phone has default settings for MTS and Tata inbuilt as well. So its a true OMH device.

people r porting other cdma connections on andorid/motorola devices

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1593533-service-programming-on-the-moto-droid?pp=15

am sure some of you guys must have ported r world on ur androids. Thats what I wanna do on my official handset.

Edited by nitink

diapn shared this

ty in advance.

I'm not sure if this would work as I've not tried.

https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.blinkenlights.android.apnswitch

https://market.android.com/search?q=apn&so=1&c=apps