Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolminilife

Swap Another Sim And Service Book Gone.. Any Solution..?

swap another sim and Service book gone.. any solution..??

Hi All,

I have successfully enabled gprs and BB Browser (I am not on BIS/BES), i use data via gprs enabled BB 8830

But every time i swap another sim..(Read Different service provider) swap another sim and Service book gone.. any solution..??,Then i have to re-load service books again through "legacy Restore" mode, though i can surf through opera 4.2 and bolt 1.6 and can do teether via PC.. But i cant see and use BB Browser until i Reload service books.

I am Using Windows XP SP

Desktop Manager 4.7

BB 8830 With 4.5.135

Help required.. As i do Swap my sim's as per my roaming requirements.

Thanx and Regards

Hey guys,..Someone tel me...

Wht if I some way I go to the folder where service books are kept in the device.. And then copy and keep a zip folder of sevice book in that folder.. And whenever required then just unzip the files from the folder there itself and I'm done....is it possible...?

This is for Experts..>

1. Why cant experts contribute a .jad file which should be a OTA and should contain all the famous service books so that ppl can save it on medi card and whenever required they can be called from Media card.

2. can't we simulate push/pull service book from some blog or forum.. where where we hve all the required books..

If my ideas sound weird.. pls forgive me .. i m just a novice,,..

Regards

Hi,

133 views no reply.. <_<

I have been in touch with a BB only since a couple of months and did any sort of 'working' on it since a couple of weeks.

What I have gathered is that nothing of importance is stored in the external memory card and all the apps are stored in the device memory itself.

Since I have not tried any swapping of sim cards, I am unaware about the problem that you have mentioned. But there is a good possibility from the way the BB appears to work, that reloading the service books may be the only way out for you!

Edited by drtrrk

This is for Experts..>

1. Why cant experts contribute a .jad file which should be a OTA and should contain all the famous service books so that ppl can save it on medi card and whenever required they can be called from Media card.

2. can't we simulate push/pull service book from some blog or forum.. where where we hve all the required books..

If my ideas sound weird.. pls forgive me .. i m just a novice,,..

Regards

1) a jad file wont load modified unsigned service books , u have to enable legacy restore for that

2) no

rather than storing on media card u can just backup service books and reload them with desktop manager

or use lagacy restore and do it

• Like 1

Thanx dr. for ur reply, my concerns r

When I am on roaming, I carry my BB for obvious reasons..(For its portability) and do not carry my laptop..along.. For the simple reason..(Again Portability).. Now If I want to carry my laptop.. Then why shud I carry my BB.., (just to reload the service books) :), I know its a catch 22 setuation for me.... That's why I want to get it resolved... There are good chances that a good number of people out there might be looking for solution for this

Regards

^

Its a simple known issue with a 5 minute solution posted at many places on rimweb...

^

Its a simple known issue with a 5 minute solution posted at many places on rimweb...

where is the sloution bhai or u r talking abt reputting service book after deleting rim_browser_demon using crack utility and putting it again after loading svc books.. This Process also takes nr abt five minutes :)

^

ixactly

but we need to have a permanent solution , pta nai woh exist karta bhi hai ke nai.... waise bhi changing sims is very hectic... reset takes long :)

you dont need to use crack utlity aso

there is more simple and fast way to load service books

This issue is there on all 8830 gsm with change of sims and also there on many 9530

problem is warm resset loads default service books

This issue is there on all 8830 gsm with change of sims and also there on many 9530

please elaborate which is the simple and fast method ????

please elaborate which is the simple and fast method ????

Check this URL http://bb.anworm.com/enable-blackberry-browser-without-bisbes-2/