Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajendra.jindal

Docomo Billing Sms Charges Before 100th Sms.

Hello friends,

since a long time i was noticing that tata docomo was billing me charges before 100th sms. few of mine friends also told me that docomo was charging them nearly at 70-80th sms. so i started counting every sms from 25th December and found that their was really a problem in docomo billing system.

Here are problems faced by me from December 25 :-

December 25- Total 89 sms (each 127 characters)

I was charged for 1st 3 sms and then last 6 sms.

December 26- total 68 sms

i was not charged for more sms rather than 1st 3 sms.

December 27- total 91 sms

i was charged for 1st three sms and the last sms.

december 28- total 86 sms

december 29- total 81 sms

december 30 (today till 6.30 pm) - total 60 sms

i was charged for 1st 3 sms

As i contacted customer care executive on 25 December , when i told that i have been charging before the 100th sms , he without seeing the system told that you have been charged because you have crossed the limit. then before i say anything he told me THANK YOU FOR CALLING TATA DOCOMO and switch off the call.

so i wrote the mail to the docomo e-mail address. they called me today and told that as seen in their system i have been charging correctly. then i asked them to tell how many sms i had done today they told me 68 sms (whereas according to me it was 58 sms (149 characters each). then they told me to go to the tata docomo gallery and get the billing report and closed my case.

so i went to the tata docomo head office and told the problem.initially they were not ready to check the system and was telling it may be yours fault or network congestion fault. then when i forced about the problem , then they checked the sms status and told that i had done 93 sms till 5pm(where as i had done only 1 more sms i.e Total 59).

I dont know why these people believe their system more than the customer . i am just telling them that their is some problem in their system regarding billing of sms , instead of listening that they are just ignoring the problem.

I request all the customers of tata docomo to count their sms and recheck it with the customer care executives , so that you are not billed for the system problem....

Also i request you all to post all your billing related problem here......

Well every operator claims their billing system to be error free. But the louder the claim the hollower it turns out to be. I am sure you are stating the correct report.The companies might be thinking that who would count the sent sms when they sms so much.

When I was using Virgin's free sms offer, I never faced such an issue. I had activated 'sent and saved' setting on my set. And I always got billed properly.

Well it may be that some SMS' are getting sent more than once as happens in Airtel and RCOM here. No idea about other circles.

All are birds of the same feather when it comes to their "systems" and cheating customers....

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I don't think you will get a resolution to such problems from CC. I have a long standing billing problem with Idea too. Their amazing billing system clock goes behind time every few months. This effects the "happy hours" in which I get 10 paise I-I calling. Complaining to CC goes absolutely nowhere. Every time I have to bring this to the notice of the Appellate authority. They rectify it, but it goes out of sync again after few months.

Try calling the Nodal Officer and then the Appellate authority.

I don't think you will get a resolution to such problems from CC. I have a long standing billing problem with Idea too. Their amazing billing system clock goes behind time every few months. This effects the "happy hours" in which I get 10 paise I-I calling. Complaining to CC goes absolutely nowhere. Every time I have to bring this to the notice of the Appellate authority. They rectify it, but it goes out of sync again after few months.

Try calling the Nodal Officer and then the Appellate authority.

Thanks for your comment. i am in touch with the nodal officer regarding these problem.

Today i went to tata docomo head office in Nagpur. i got the printout of the messages history that i had done between 29 and 30 December.

By studying it i got the problem that is going on in the system.

problems are as follows:-

1. system has the great capability of having 57 hours in a day.(whereas i think we have only 24 hrs a day) , i.e according to system i had done some msgs at 57.01 hrs of 29 December.

2. msgs that i had done on 29 december at 22.31 pm ,the data shows that i had done it on 30 december , due to which counter counts it for the 30th december and i am getting less sms daily.

therefore, whenever counter counts 104th sms it again starts charging...

i am in contact with the docomo officials. Even now i dont understand why they say their system is best .

I hope they will try to solve this....

Edited by rajendra.jindal

@Rajendra, you have unearthed the error. I am sure they would resolve the issue now.  

@Rajendra, you have unearthed the error. I am sure they would resolve the issue now.

I Hope they will do....

Now i had a talk with the Nodel officer , she was not ready to know about the system problem, She too believed their system is best and does not have any problem when i insisted her she transferred the call to the technical person , i told him everything , then he told he will look into this matter and will call back soon.

WAITING FOR HIS CALL....

Hello friends ,

i had a problem that every executive in tata docomo says that their system generates log report when the sms gets delivered but i say system should generate log report when the sms is sent but they neglect it. i feel if they are right then how it is possible that system charges sms rates as soon as it is sent even before the delivery report.

i think they were trying to fool me so that by this they can hide their system problem.

please tell me some technical procedure of the sms send and the billing section (as i dont know bcoz i am just 18 yrs and dont hav tat knowledge).

Waiting for ur reply.....

It is perfectly possible that all these so called errors are not errors, but deliberate ways to milk more money from subscribers. Such errors in computerized systems seem quite unlikely. In any case they should fix it for good. What tech procedure is, is not your concern. It is their problem.

It is perfectly possible that all these so called errors are not errors, but deliberate ways to milk more money from subscribers. Such errors in computerized systems seem quite unlikely. In any case they should fix it for good. What tech procedure is, is not your concern. It is their problem.

Thanks for ur comment.

Here technical issue is mine concern because without which they are even not ready to listen about their technical problem.

Welcome to the world of TATA Pathetic service........err....I mean Tata Customer service...

Tata guys have one problem. They think they are the customer and we are the billing authority. Idiots don't have basic courtesy even.

Man, i hate TATA CC to the core...... One should fire them and get some new guys. Even sarkari Babus are a better bet.

Today also i noted that their is also some other problem in the system because i had not done a single message on 31st and 1 st , but then also i was charged at 98th and 99th sms which includes the 1st 3 chargeable sms (hence i got 94 free sms instead of 100 sms).

Welcome to the world of TATA Pathetic service........err....I mean Tata Customer service...

Tata guys have one problem. They think they are the customer and we are the billing authority. Idiots don't have basic courtesy even.

Man, i hate TATA CC to the core...... One should fire them and get some new guys. Even sarkari Babus are a better bet.

According to my experience, Tata indicom customer care was best and also helping in nature. But tata docomo customer care has a vast difference , its executives are worst than anything. i feel them similar to Bsnl officials.

According to my experience, Tata indicom customer care was best and also helping in nature. But tata docomo customer care has a vast difference , its executives are worst than anything. i feel them similar to Bsnl officials.

VERY TRUE.. :Equivocado:

POOR DOCOMO BILLING SYSTEM

Hello everyone,

A great think is happenening with me.

My balance is automatically getting deducted without any usage. when i am reading sms , or seeing news in the Tata i-channel service ,my balance is getting deducted without any information. data charges in tata i-channel is not applicable, than how my balance is getting down i dont know. sometimes 32paisa,2paisa,4paisa, or even rs2.72 have been deducted from my acoount. from morning rs 4.00 have been deducted without any information.

Also yesterday i downloaded sms+ from dive-in ,where docomo declares no data charges applicable,but i was charged for the download. Tata docomo provides Ichannel service for the monthly rental of rs30 , but i was shocked when i visited my account in dive-in, and saw my subsciption , i found that tariff description for tata ichannel was free(instead of Rs 30).

From morning i am calling to the customer care they are saying that no information is available with them and telling me to visit docomo gellary. when i visited gallery, they found nothing in my account.

I THINK ALL THE PROFITS SHOWN BY THE COMPANY COMES BY THIS FRAUD.

Today i brought my phone history which includes all calls,sms, gprs etc charges from tata docomo head office. After studying i found that all the charges detected regarding my usage (that i used)was right but in addition to this nearly Rs 20 have been deducted without any declaration. some times i have been charged twice for the same call, once i was charged Rs 4 (I believe that was charged to me because date changed from 3 to 4 jan) , once Rs 7.21 because i called to my local friend docomo number(duration- 691 sec) , even after i am having full on bol balance (Rs 685).

Also all the premium sms done by me during these period was charged to me ,but in call cost column it shows a big Zero.

I am surprised in being seeing Such a poor billing system...

Today i had the talk with the billing team executive. by our conversation , i found that the charges that was getting deducted was due to the i-channel data usage(which was not chargable). so i told her about this. so she said that she will put this issue to her senior executive and will call me back.

so, i am waiting for her call..

Also, i think when tata docomo launches its Value added service , it does not tell anybody about this. because everytime i called the executive , even Nodal officer , the executive of billing team was not knowing about this( TATA I-CHANNEL). Also i great thing i came to know that according to thier system records, i was subscribed to tata

i-channel for free, but when i told the executive that i was charged for it. she asked me to tell the details, when i told,she said ya...ya you are right.

Also according to the billing details i have, I marked that when we send premium sms to any premium number, system declares call cost 0(zero) but balance is debited from the account instantly.

Hello friends,

As the tata docomo officials are foolish and taking my case lightly.i am planning to take the extreme step.

As i have many proofs which shows that docomo is doing fraud with people and the government and making black money , i am planning to mail the case to the TRAI for the resolve.

Kindly tell me whether it is my right decision???

:previous: If you are sure what you are saying is right, then you should make all the noise possible, and more...

Also dash off a mail to DoT, Public Grievances. Or better still, call them.

Edited by raccoon

:previous: If you are sure what you are saying is right, then you should make all the noise possible, and more...

Also dash off a mail to DoT, Public Grievances. Or better still, call them.

Thanks for your mail.

i have proof showing that company is showing all premium sms which costs Rs 3-12 as their regular free sms which costs zero(0) , whereas amount gets deducted from the account. Also the VAS service Tata i-channel which i subscribed for Rs 30 is showing that i had subscribed these services for Free.

Also sms problem i am facing is due to the system error which they are not ready to understand.

^^^

:confuse: :confuse:

Today tata docomo officials accepted their mistake and made a refund of Rs 30 for wrongly charging for tata i-channel service. they did not refunded me the charge caused to me for data usage because according to their system they have charged me unnecessary for the service which i had not subscribed. whereas i have subscribed it. even i used it for 7 days. POOR DOCOMO SYSTEM. i accepted for the refund and asked them to close my I-channel case as they said as their system is new , their are some problems. I was very happy to listen this because this was the first time i heard that their system has some problems from a docomo official.

MY SMS CASE IS GOING ON....

Today tata docomo officials accepted their mistake and made a refund of Rs 30 for wrongly charging for tata i-channel service. they did not refunded me the charge caused to me for data usage because according to their system they have charged me unnecessary for the service which i had not subscribed. whereas i have subscribed it. even i used it for 7 days. POOR DOCOMO SYSTEM. i accepted for the refund and asked them to close my I-channel case as they said as their system is new , their are some problems. I was very happy to listen this because this was the first time i heard that their system has some problems from a docomo official.

MY SMS CASE IS GOING ON....

What happened finally? Have the billing issues been resolved?