Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rocky007

Full Talk Time Recharge?

^^^

almost all vouchers give full talktime after cutting service tax which is 10.3 %

But the service tax part is given as promotional talk time. 

Anybody knows the details about this promotional talk time?

CC told me it has a validity of only 7 days (for recharge of any denomination above Rs. 100) and can be used to call phones of any operator.

Is this right?

^^^

As RIM they give service tax value talktime as a bonus but it can be used only for on-net.

They have minimum Rs.77 top up for that.

:previous: I don't think so?! I was able to use that talk time to call other mobiles. I believe the promo talk time was being deducted for SMSes also. Question is, is the promo talktime valid only for 7 days?

and promo talk time is valid for all type of calls and sms

and promo talk time is valid for all type of calls and sms

No, it is NOT valid for STD, roaming (both onnet and offnet) calls/SMS... The promo bal is used for Local calls and Local SMS only.. Yes, the 1p SMS (for Local only) gets deducted from that value only :SI: ...

The Promo value should also be used within 7 days and @ day 8 the value evaporates to air.. Because of this limitation, I usually recharge with Rs100 only a week, instead of Rs500 at a time...

For any recharges in 100's say Rs100, Rs300, Rs500 this offer is valid...

With this full talk-time offer, we can escape the Service Tax (10.3%) :clap: , which is IMPOSSIBLE in postpaid... So if you are charged 50p/min in postpaid you are actually paying 55.15p/min, but not so in prepaid with FULL TT recharges...

OH... To check the promo balance and its validity in RGSM dial *367*1# :winko:

Edited by kanagadeepan

^^^Yes, they have removed the incentive to recharge for higher amounts by keeping the validity at 7 days for all denominations. Guess, I'll have to keep recharging for Rs. 100 everytime too... as my calling pattern is very erratic. 

Still its good RCom is giving full TT even for small denominations like Rs. 100. For full TT in Idea, I have to recharge for min. Rs. 234/-

i dont think so promo talktime is valid only for 7 days... call *225, you will get validity of your promo talktime as well. for me promo talktime validity is till 2013, i had recharged with Rs.200 Also it can be used for STD as well to any operator..

i dont think so promo talktime is valid only for 7 days... call *225, you will get validity of your promo talktime as well. for me promo talktime validity is till 2013, i had recharged with Rs.200 Also it can be used for STD as well to any operator..

No sir.. I am in RGSM Simple PPC and I am sure about what I have said with my experience and the CC also..

The service tax(10.3% of recharge) + Admin Fee(usually Rs2/recharge) is given as DTT(Dont know its expansion, but CC guys call it as Promo balance)... Its validity is 7 days only and can NEVER be used for National SMS or STD or Roaming... It is to be used locally for Local calls (both onnet and offnet) and Local SMS (for 50p & 1p SMS too).. Please confirm with CC...

If you call a Local call within Promo validity, you will receive SMS saying "Last call charged from DTT of value Rs0.50", else "Last call charged from Main Balance of value Rs0.50"..

But when you dial *367*1# to check the DTT balance and validity... But I don't know about RCDMA...

Hope I said clearly... And correct me If I was wrong..

Edited by kanagadeepan

For RCDMA (as far as Delhi-NCR) is concerned find the following details about FTT recharges.

1.FTT means recharge amount= balance amount, 100/100,200/200,300/300 and so on.

2. The promo balance is valid for 7 days.

3. The promo balance is valid for all local calls, all std calls, all local texts, all national texts.

4.The promo balance is not valid for VAS, International calls/texts and roaming calls.

for cdma pan india the promotional talktime is valid for local ,std and roaming also and no validity and u can use also anytime but the cc is telling it is valid for 7 days.but in case of RGSM the promo talktime is valid for only 7 days after that it will disappear and it is only used for local call and sms .in case of ordisha,bihar,m.p.,w.b and north eastern state SMART GSM is present earlier.so in that case the promo talktime is valid for 7 days and used for local and std also. but in case of other circle which is launched later that is the case only for local call and sms . i have confirmed and using also.

For RCDMA (as far as Delhi-NCR) is concerned find the following details about FTT recharges.

1.FTT means recharge amount= balance amount, 100/100,200/200,300/300 and so on.

2. The promo balance is valid for 7 days.

3. The promo balance is valid for all local calls, all std calls, all local texts, all national texts.

4.The promo balance is not valid for VAS, International calls/texts and roaming calls.

Its applicable for PAN india.

Thats good if its available all over. RGSM  might have different policies for promo TT.

:previous:

I was told by the CC that the promo TT can be used for everything except for ISD calls and ISD SMS' and even while in roaming. This is for CDMA only. About GSM I will post my experience some time later. And yes the promo TT is valid only for 7 days after which it will lapse fully.

I was wrong at first time,

Talktime can be used for all calls except ISD,

Validity is 7 days thats for sure.

This is for both RGSM & RCDMA !

I am still not sure if the promo TT can be used for calls/texts while roaming.Someone needs to enlighten me on this with personal experience.

^^^

Promo TT cannot be used in roaming !!

Finally got a mail from them which makes sense; with the following chart. Seems the extra TT offer is valid only till the end of this month. Furthermore, I noted that this promo TT can't be used for STD calls. :(

It clearly says offer is valid only for erecharges! What #$%#$ problem do they have to offer it thru Netbanking... gawd knows?! :angry:

Rs. 120 top up seems most beneficial. RCom does not like us to keep more money with them. I guess ADA dosen't trust himself from pilfering our $, if we did that... :P

post-1218-126485954987_thumb.jpg

Edited by raccoon

I have done this Rs120/- recharge through online (giftmate) and got the Prom.TT around Rs.31/-

^^^

Thanks for confirming about online recharge & TT !!

Edited by hitesh123

The service tax(10.3% of recharge) + Admin Fee(usually Rs2/recharge) is given as DTT(Dont know its expansion, but CC guys call it as Promo balance)..

DTT means Discounted Talk Time

Rs. 120 top up seems most beneficial. RCom does not like us to keep more money with them. I guess ADA dosen't trust himself from pilfering our $, if we did that... :P

YES. Rs.120 is BEST. Here's calculation:

RECHARGE.......GOVT.TAX.......NET.........AVAILABLE........PERCENTAGE

.VALUE:.............PORTION:.......PAY:........TALK TIME:.......OF BENEFIT:

========.......========......======.......=========........===========

..(A}.....................(B}...............{C}...............(D)..................(D-C)/Ax100

Rs 500............46.69..........453.31.........555.00...............22.43%

Rs 300............28.01..........271.99.........333.00...............22.43%

Rs 200............18.68..........181.32.........222.00...............22.44%

Rs 120............11.21..........108.79.........140.00...............28.69%

Rs 55...............5.14...........49.86..........55.00................10.30%

So it's better to recharge multiples of Rs 120

instead of higher amounts.

Edited by nlr2334481