Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karpar

Buggy "update Phonebook" Under "all About 93"

The Update PhoneBook option OVERWRITES your old number with the new one. Well, so far so good, but then, it doesn't overwrite by location. It overwrites by NAME!

I have a friend who has an Airtel connection as well as a Reliance connection. I had his old Reliance number and the Airtel number stored under his name. After I updated the PhoneBook, the Airtel number got replaced by the NEW RELIANCE number! The old one got replaced too, but WHY REPLACE THE AIRTEL NUMBER???!That's disgusting!

Well, if you aren't horrified enough, the same thing happens when you go to "All about 93-->Get 93 number(or something)-->By Number" and save the new number under Options.

To add the last straw, IF YOU EVER FORGET TO ENTER THE NAME IN THE COLUMN PROVIDED AND NOT PRESS THE "END/POWER" BUTTON IMMEDIATELY, THE SOFTWARE KEEPS ADDING THE NUMBER AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...which results in I don't know what...I was thankfully sensible to press the "End/Power" button fast enough or it would have put me into some trouble!

Bugs, bugs and more bugs!!!

P.S.: Am planning on DEMONSTRATING this to a RWW official on HIS/HER mobile ofcourse!

Edited by karpar

To add the last straw, IF YOU EVER FORGET TO ENTER THE NAME IN THE COLUMN PROVIDED AND NOT PRESS THE "END/POWER" BUTTON IMMEDIATELY, THE SOFTWARE KEEPS ADDING THE NUMBER AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...which resultsĀ  in I don't know what...I was thankfully sensible to press the "End/Power" button fast enough or it would have put me into some trouble!

18088[/snapback]

HI which handset r u using please specify as some problems are handspecific and what do you mean by entering the name please specify that also I had no problem with the update 93 no till now

the GTRAN doesnt even have the Update Phonebook application... so consider yourself lucky to atleast have a buggy software instead of no software

the GTRAN doesnt even have the Update Phonebook application... so consider yourself lucky to atleast have a buggy software instead of no software

18146[/snapback]

No software is anyday better than buggy software.

And im lucky enough not to check that option.

I think i'll do it manually using lgsync.

I dont trust reliance with anything they do.

Once again, you get cheap develepors, you get cheap buggy software.

Grow up reliance. :P

I have an LG RD2030. The "Name" I was referring to is the "Name" entry field that you are prompted to enter when you go to "All about 93-->Get 93 number(or something)-->By Number" and save the new number under Options. I don't think its handset specific...Its got to do with the software.

I am also using rd2030 and have got my phone book updated thru r world and got no problem in it It changed 35 no in my phone book and no error in any no

Update phone book option is not available in GTran. If you search by number there is no option to save that number. You can click on call. But this is again of no use as phone does not have option to overwrite old entry. It has to be edited by you using handset or PC SYNC.

I hv a good number of RIM noā€™s in my phone book I have designed a method to update phone using LG 2030. But by Godā€™s grace number in Punjab & Chandigarh circle are not changing.

I am also using rd2030 and have got my phone book updated thru r world and got no problem in it It changed 35 no in my phone book and no error in any no

18943[/snapback]

Did you try what I said? I mean, did you try saving the number without a name?

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK...PRESS END/POWER WITHIN ABOUT 5-6 SECONDS.

For me it just changed one number only and all others remains same :P

I had converted my phonebook to new 93 series by uploading phonebook three times.So try again.The first time only 5 numbers converted ;)