Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mywebid

Reliance Gsm Network In Ncr

I am planning to take a new Reliance connection (aleady have Reliance CDMA connection). I am in NCR (Noida, Delhi) and sometimes go to west UP (Meerut, Aligarh etc.). How is the Reliance GSM network in these areas currently? I had been reading lot of bad reviews about Reliance GSM network, so I am confused if I should go for GSM or stick to tried & tested CDMA network. Anybody residing in these areas and having Reliance GSM connecton, please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

Do not take RGSM connection if:

1. you want to use it in Delhi-NCR

2. you want to check balance(*367#) in just one try. (I have to try 2-3 times before balance comes as a flash)

3. you want to be able to talk to people during 5-10pm or even later.My calls dont get connected. All the damn routes remain busy for RGSM.

4. you want to talk to customer care at times for issues. All calls to *333 would say all routes are busy, please try after sometime.

5. you want mental peace.(the most important thing)

:previous: Interesting - I have been experiencing (in Poona) all the things you mentioned. On Monday, I had to make a few calls, and not a single call got thru from evening till late night. No incoming calls were getting thru either.... always network busy msg. I was so frustrated, I dashed off a mail to the Service Assurance Cell. Strangely, the next day, I was able to make outgoing calls without a hitch (except for one STD Vodaphone number) and calls were getting thru to me too. Now I dunno my email brought results or it was a coincidence.

I just hope things remain workable... can't keep complaining everytime...

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

Raccoon, please send e-mail for MP/CG region also please... please... THE CONDITION of network is VERY VERY BAD (BAD or WORST is a small word to describe RGsm condition in MP/CG) there..

So please don't forget to e-mail here in MP/CG and NCR (for our friend sachinrocks too), even though it may be a rare co-incidence... We want some magic to happen in RGsm network please... please...

Post #2 copy paste for me !

All possible things are done by me (mails, CC, regional office, etc etc), but no results. :'( :'(

Do not buy RGSM,

go for RCDMA or Docomo

I think Ambani just wanted to corner GSM spectrum.He does not seem interested in providing services.

No use mailing them.I am sure they know the state of their pathetic services.

^^^

But RCDMA is good in almost all area !

Yes we all agree RCDMA is good everywhere(except for the time when the sms dont get delivered).RCDMA is a legacy of the elder brother.

The child of the younger brother is RGSM which, to the best of my experience, is suffering from some unknown fatal disease.

u r correct himanshu..normally whatever is done by reliance is dependable but rgsm is a blot on their entrprenuer skills .a friend of mine working in adag group says that anil acts like an investor instaed of longterm vision.just imagine how different the cdma scenario in india would have been if only rcdma would have been run with a vision ..

Edited by ravi_patent

:previous: As I mentioned before, I noticed things going for the worse right after Anil took over. Thats why I moved out of RCDMA. Right now, I'm back on RGSM only because of the tariffs. The network experience in the last 15 days I have been on it has not been up and down. But right now, again things are working as they should. I am able to make and receive calls and SMSes... touch wood!! Getting thru to Vodaphone numbers seems to be still an issue at peak hours. I even had a couple of long conversations, without any call drops. I don't know if it was because of my emails... but who cares! As long as things work and I'm saving $, I'm happy.   B)

Dudes... those who have asked me to write emails, I assume its a joke.  :Riendo:  Because, I'm sure you guys have done it yourself. Sad that it has not brought results. But then why are you still on the network? Complain, give them a chance to fix things, and if things don't work out, just move out! After tall, there are many choices out there.  -_-

Yes we all agree RCDMA is good everywhere(except for the time when the sms dont get delivered).RCDMA is a legacy of the elder brother.

The child of the younger brother is RGSM which, to the best of my experience, is suffering from some unknown fatal disease.

any doctor pls....... :Contento:

True in delhi i have never been able to talk to customer care in past one month ,,pathetic RGSM :rofl_200: . however in RCDMA i get connected very fast

any doctor pls....... :Contento:

They should divest their 74%stake to any foreign telecom company and let them run the show. Tie up with any international telecom brand of repute.

Now this time in MP&CG, (I roam to CG and Maharashtra once every month) the network is quite usable... Last month it was very very BAD... Now it seems much much better, though NOT AS GOOD AS Docomo or Indicom here... But still, it is a nice welcome change in MP&CG circle..

Similarly, I hope RGsm will improve in DELHI NCR also in coming days...

I have lost hope on RGSM. It would be months before it may work smoothly.

Agree with you totally. RGSM is pathetic in many parts of Mumbai. No to worst coverage indoors in most of the places. Poorest coverage in Goa.

To avail Handset options in GSM, I was thinking of opting for RGSM on MNP to get advantage of free intra-network calling. But, Now I have given up the idea. Either I will be going in for imported CDMA handset or will opt for Airtel.

Regards

I have lost hope on RGSM. It would be months before it may work smoothly.

for mumbai, i can vouch, RGSM is at par with Airtel. you dont get airtel in closed rooms (whre all other network shows full). my wife is using RGSM in Mumbai and happy. yeah but her mobility is very limited. somehow i found RGSM better than airtel in south mumbai.

^^

is this poor coverage an inherent problem of using 1800 mhz

right 1800 Mhz have Inherited Problem of Poor Penetration beyond Concrete Wall. and So will be 2100 mhz 3G.

800 mhz CDMA is power full in most case Lower the Mhz Better the Coverage see 100 mhz FM can transmit from 20 to 26 Kms.

for mumbai, i can vouch, RGSM is at par with Airtel. you dont get airtel in closed rooms (whre all other network shows full). my wife is using RGSM in Mumbai and happy. yeah but her mobility is very limited. somehow i found RGSM better than airtel in south mumbai.

Thats right... Airtel seems to be at its worst in Pune/Bombay. I very often have trouble talking to my friends in Bombay.... voice clarity is often very poor (esp. indoors) and call drops are common. In Pune, Airtel had the most disgusting network... but it has improved to an extent in the last couple or so months. Even then RGSM seems to have a stronger (usually at full bars) signal than Airtel, at least at my residence and couple other places. Haven't yet tried it at many other places, so can't say if this is so everywhere. 

The less said about RGSM Delhi-NCR the better.

I am proud of the fact that I have advised a lot of my friends against opting for RGSM here.

I am not one to be a blind loyalist for any brand.

Edited by sachinrocks

Thanks guys for your feedback. Seems it is better to avoid RGSM at this time.