Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
androboyz

Tata Indicom V Reliance Cdma V Mts Coverage

best in coverage-reliance cdma or tata cdma  

97 members have voted

1. 1. best in coverage- tata or reliance cdma or mts?

• Tata Indicom
    • Reliance CDMA
    • MTS

I have been using RCDMA for the past 3.5 years. I have no problems at all other than the odd service related issues which i am sure is common among all operators. I have roamed in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh with my RCOM CDMA connection and am really happy about my decision.

Please note that I have not used Tata Indicom nor MTS

Never used RCDMA or MTS, so cannot take part in this poll. I'm a very old subscriber of TataIndicom and is going on using it because I use the on-net free add-on facility, besides there are other advantages also.

@ravisankar

You are new to this forum, so i would request you to spend some more time on the forum and take your own knowledge.

As every one have different need,

you have to analisys that what is your requirement and what network is offering in what cost.

Spend some time on it and then put up questions.

Dear Friend

TATA has stopped CDMA Expansion . Even the places have DOCOMO coverage do not have CDMA Towers in UP

I feel personally now they are not interested in CDMA

Regards

^ Its not only Tata, every company is expanding their networks but only after checking the demand & feasibility.. Only the problem is that the Tower erection process is very tedious nowadays, thats why telecos have come up with the solution of Tower-Sharing..

Dear Friend

TATA has stopped CDMA Expansion . Even the places have DOCOMO coverage do not have CDMA Towers in UP

Regards

That is because Docomo has tower sharing agreements with BSNL :winko: ... In CDMA, a minimum distance should be maintained b/w towers to avoid interference.. Thats why few (of the shared BSNL) towers have Docomo equipment only and not Indicom.. And CDMA towers usually have smaller height than that of GSM towers (some BPL <now Vodafone> towers are ridiculously HIGH when they were first launched here in Sivakasi, my home town)... If you have seen some towers with two or more equipments, the bottom most will definitely be a CDMA equipment...

From my experience, TATA has excellent coverage with Nokia handsets (especially Nokia2865, 6585 and few low-end Nokias, than Nokia6265) only.. I can talk continuously in my 2865 with even one point of tower for long time, while travelling away from town without call drops (That is of-course also due to BREATHING-NETWORK quality of CDMA).. With my Huwaei, it is possible to 50% of distance only & SPICE (D88 Gold G+C) coverage is the worst..

Edited by kanagadeepan

tower sharing will reduce cost of installation, and may get equal coverage for both network.

Dear Friend

Regards

That is because Docomo has tower sharing agreements with BSNL :winko: ... In CDMA, a minimum distance should be maintained b/w towers to avoid interference.. Thats why few (of the shared BSNL) towers have Docomo equipment only and not Indicom.. And CDMA towers usually have smaller height than that of GSM towers (some BPL <now Vodafone> towers are ridiculously HIGH when they were first launched here in Sivakasi, my home town)... If you have seen some towers with two or more equipments, the bottom most will definitely be a CDMA equipment...

From my experience, TATA has excellent coverage with Nokia handsets (especially Nokia2865, 6585 and few low-end Nokias, than Nokia6265) only.. I can talk continuously in my 2865 with even one point of tower for long time, while travelling away from town without call drops (That is of-course also due to BREATHING-NETWORK quality of CDMA).. With my Huwaei, it is possible to 50% of distance only & SPICE (D88 Gold G+C) coverage is the worst..

i heard something new,

docomo antena on BSNL towr??? :wacko:

might be not in case of maharashtra.

Also i agree with ur view.

tata netwotk is good with nokia 2865 handset, and not good with spice handset.

but with samsung handset performance of n/w is in between nokia and spice.

Dear Friend

Regards

very true. handsets also play a part in getting good coverage. i also experienced that my 6275 had better coverage than my 3600 in remote places where the signal was weak. i am also seeing better coverage in corby than LG.

Apart from my Experience Samsung's only shows the better signal but in that scenario voice is worse compared to others.

Certain Nokia handsets are pathetic in signal strength.Like Nokia 1600, Nokia 6080, Nokia 2626. At the same location with the same operator Samsung does better than these sets.

Moral of the story-Pick your handset depending on its signal strength beside other things.

Is tata really phasing out its CDMA network?

Well, in J&K reliance has GSM bt nt CDMA. Heard it would come in 2009 but it never came. I am a cdma user since 2007 and had been on CDMA since then !

Few CDMA towers are needed for same coverage, wen compared to GSM. Network quality is good, call drop is lesser, voice quality superb, u can lure customers by free calling. Then why the hell are companies phasing their CDMAs????

confused.gifEquivocado.gifmad.gif

In my opinion, service providers are not thinking abt expansion in CDMA due to the following reasons.

1. Handset options - GSM has very wide range of handsets- low range, multimedia phones, high end phones, buisiness phones (basically all dominated by NOKIA). CDMA has very little options (apart from what is being brought & sold thro rimweb). this will attract any buyer

2. Handset price- on comparison, the same spec will cost less than CDMA.

3. option of changing the service provider (only samsung has come now)

4. Coverage issues ( in some places)

5. World roaming for corporate people-in CDMA one may have to change the handset (now there are dual sim handsets coming..but are very cheap & poor in quality except BB world edition)

All the above negatives are there which many people will not like. so they make compromise for voice clarity & opt for GSM. this is making the service providers to go to GSM

Service provider and handsets manufacturer pay royalty to QUALCOM.

Hi I am from Kerala and using MTS(phone no 9142034110) and Tata indicom(phone no 9249736222). MTS has more coverage and economical tariffs than indicom. Indicom has poor coverage in some important places in Kerala like Thrissur Medical college - medical university campus.

RCDMA ......no service in Assam , NE [ Meghalaya etc...] and Jammu and Kashmir

but TATA Indi available. So if you do have to travel to these States go for

TATA Indi

TATA Indi

Is your TATA indicom postpaid ?? prepaid will not work

TATA Indi

Is your TATA indicom postpaid ?? prepaid will not work

Prepaid works in J&K !

but not roaming prepaid.

will rcom postpaid work in north east and kashmir?

^^^

if network is available J&K number will work, but if number is not from J&K it will not work.

Since RCDMA does not have network in JK , Assam and NE it will not work .

Thus prepaid or post paid is immaterial.

Tata Indi has network in JK , Assam and NE . For "in-roamers" i.e.

people who want to roam in JK , Assam and NE they must have post-paid

connections. For " in-roamers " prepaid wont work.