setu_garg

Online Bill Payment

39 posts in this topic

Has anybody paid any bill using the net banking facilities? I paid it and it didn't get credited to my account. They deactivated my STD calls and i had to go to WW to threat them to reactivate the service.

They talk about "Joy Of Speed" and this the pace at which online payments are credited to user's accounts.

Well i payed using online banking and was credited immediately and i got the intimation through sms and a reference number.

did u save your reference number dear?

:)

hi,

Even I`m paying the bill through online payment fro past 6-7 months, every time it has worked absolutely fine. nothign went in my case atleast . i dont know wht went wrong in ur case. b`coz i pay the bill online i also do get sms from reliance ...

hey i have always paid bills over the net bcoz i dont trust the webworld guys to update the payment records. when i pay online the credit goes stratight to their system... no WW in between to mess things up.

I think net payment was only reliance thing that has worked perfectly everytime for me, i dont know about others but yes i do keep the ref number till i pay the next bill. in case of disputes it does help, though i myself had anydispute either with net payment or the R world payment section

Yes, i noted the reference number. And i havent received any SMS tilee yet. There's one thing that comes to my mind. There are 2 ways to pay the bills online:

1. Go to www.relianceinfo.com , login to My RIM, and pay from there. That site automatically takes you to the icici page.

2. Register Reliance Infocomm as a biller in the icici bank online banking site. The bills are displayed in the billers page. You can pay from there.

I used the 1st way to pay my bill. What way did you people use?

i use the first method. I pay with a credit card... not direct debit. With credit card if there are problems i can always get the txn reversed with the card co :)

has any one used hdfc bank thrrough rworld. i am thinking of doing so

I use hdfc bank.its good.no problems yet :)

I'v been using R world to access my HDFC bank a/c too. No probs till date. However, before you opt for it, do know that there is no password protection - anybody who has your handset even briefly can look into your accounts ...and even make any available transactions like ordering a statement/chq book/draft, etc. :)

Can i pay my bills online using my UTI Bank Debit card?....................

I don't think Debit cards are accepted that ...at least they didn't until a few months ago. Anyway, you should confirm with helpdesk for the latest on that...

nope only icici will work, no other debit cards are working as of now for rworld payment

Have you actually used ICICI debit card for the purpose? I was told no debit card can be used. But that was few months ago...

i've noticed that if your credit card expires on the 30th of the month, you still can't make a payment on the 1st of that month since it assumes its expired (mm/yy).

yet the same card will work from RWW...

trying to make things as hard as possible for customers who WANT to pay again!

You can use ICICI, HDFC and CITI Bank Debit cards for making online pyments.

I have used CITI Bank Credit Card and also Debit card from CITI Bank and HDFC Bank.

Till now hven't faced any problems with online payment.

Edited by deepu_vk

You can use ICICI, HDFC and CITI Bank Debit cards for making online pyments.

I have used CITI Bank Credit Card and also Debit card from CITI Bank and HDFC Bank.

Till now hven't faced any problems with online payment.

16949[/snapback]

Mr Deepu pl let me know whether payment thro citi bank online works fine.I have made payment yesteday,but till now paid amount is not figuring in rworld payment details.

SIVASHANKKAR

For me its working fine without any problems. If the amount is withdrawn from your account and still now it is not getting reflected in My RIM payment detils, then raise the issue with Reliance. But I would say that you wait for 3 days and then do it. Because payment through CitiBank does take bit of time.

I have been paying my bills mostly through the phone application ever since it started.

In fact I remember that when the first advertised this facility on their website. I called up Customer Care to get a PIN. CC refused to register me without me visiting WebWorld and submitting a photo copy of my credit card (front & back). It took me a lot of time and effort to persuade the person that he could register with me "without mandate" (I think its called)! He finally agreed (after conferring with his colleagues I think) and sent me my PIN within seconds!

I have faced problems with paying bills through my phone only once. RWorld was failing to connect - when I was trying to pay my bill. Several tries i.e. submitting my card details & amount to be paid - resulted in an error message. I kept trying (4-5 tries) till I finally succeeded. A couple of days later my Citibank net banking account reflected 2 payments had been made to RIM! I called RIM CC but they said that only 1 payment was received by them! I then called up Citibank CC – they promptly cancelled one payment till “further investigations” on their part. A few days later I found that RIM had also automatically returned one payment! And hence the confusion was cleared… but I did face a little bit of harassment.

Its not wise to pay through RWORLD becoz its dead slow.

ANd you are not sure whether your payment is made or not.

Has anyone tried to pay bill using SBI online banking?

In some cities this facility is available. You can even register for SBI alerts. As a transaction occurs you receive a free SMS alert.

If there is a problem like the payment is not recieved, do a followup through the bank.

I had some issues with ICICI in the past where they failed to credit my account after someone out of state made a payment to my account using their online transfer facility.

I was using my UTI bank account to pay my bills. Today i tried to pay the bill and i got an error transaction failed. I tried it twice and didn't succeed. But at both the times the amount was debited from my account. Is there any cause of worry? or will the amount be returned to my account automatically?