Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nayasaroj

Updated: Virgin Mobile Launches Gsm Mobile Service In India

Virgin mobile is launching its gsm service with in a week from south india.also launching its service in orissa,maharashtra and north east till march 2010.it will use tatadocomo and TTSL's network.

Edited by nayasaroj

Source?

Repoting to Mods. Don't post unless u tell the source.

i am not posting fake news.u should think if someone is posting he is aware and the news is true.why someone will post unauthenticated news?is there any profit?if there is no source from where i will generate news! I have got it from other forum.any question plz ask unhesitately.

Edited by nayasaroj

hey shashank do not go on the offensive firing all cylinders from the 2nd post of the topic itself.lets give a chance to the poster to post his source an then we'll fire away if found fake :Riendo:

all iz well !!!!

With almost all CDMA operators going the GSM route in parallel, I really wonder what the long-term fate of CDMA is going to be. I guess MTS will now be the only operator running only CDMA?

^^^

Inside news:- they have plan for GSM

CDMA will be killed by the incumbent operators.Going by the way they are running themselves.

^^^

I am also thinking the same !

I will on CDMA till my death

@hitesh

in an oct09 interview with pwc ,mts india ceo has denied gsm aspirations..the interview was more canid than news paper ones..

CDMA to EVDO to LTE

and

GSM to HSDPA to LTE

Both is Destined to same Technbology named LTE

and please don't speculated of Evolution 3G 4G in India. and Enjoy what we have.

I have seen some posters in bangalore today saying "Virgin Mobile Now in GSM" :Contento:

I have seen some posters in bangalore today saying "Virgin Mobile Now in GSM" :Contento:

please check in ur mobile by manual network serch. is there any gsm network loke virgin showing or not. u can see is there any network code like 405-916.

I dont think you will find Virgin mobile listed in the manual network search. This is because it is only operating as a franchisee of TTSL

Correct me if i am wrong

I dont think you will find Virgin mobile listed in the manual network search. This is because it is only operating as a franchisee of TTSL

Correct me if i am wrong

thanks u are rt.is there any new network ? then they will use tatadocomo network.

In Chennai, Virgin mobile GSM sim card are availabe in shops.. But can not be activated yet.. Tariff details also not available.. Considering the fact that sim r already in shops, it is just a matter of 2 or 3 days for start of full fledged service..

Req. mod. to change topic title.. Not march 2010.. Def. Jan 2010 end

Edited by siva1983in

in Bangalore Virgin staff was under trainig for gsm operation in dec 2009 for launch in jan 2010.They have office in ulsoor lake area.

Virgin Mobile GSM service details and tarrif avaialble on website now. GSM service is priced more than CDMA.

In Chennai, Virgin mobile GSM sim card are availabe in shops.. But can not be activated yet.. Tariff details also not available.. Considering the fact that sim r already in shops, it is just a matter of 2 or 3 days for start of full fledged service..

Req. mod. to change topic title.. Not march 2010.. Def. Jan 2010 end

it is clearly written on 1st post that in orissa, m.h and north eastern state the service is till mar 2010. but in south state it is in a week.

Edited by nayasaroj

Rs.1.5 deduction every day on per-minute plan!  :NOTriste:

i think it is better to pay Rs1.5/day

for getting for getting calls at 40p and 50paise,,-----only if they provide hyper TT.

same as in case of CDMA services..RCV11,31,201,301.

Better than Uninor of Daily Rs2/day with 29paise/min..