Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raju_a

Android Handsets

Guys,

Can anyone chart out a good comparison of CDMA Hero, Droid Eris & Nexus One. It will help newbies atleast in deciding to go for Hero or Eris or wait for Nexus One

raju

Even I also request the experienced members to guide us on this comparision.

It will help us a lot in deciding.

Regards

sanjay

Eris and HERO are same.. only major difference is Eris got touch Sensitive Menu, Search, Home and back keys.. and is more sleek thn HEro..

I didnt find any other Hardware difference between this 2.. I got both in stock.. :)

Also Hero got lil large Trackball thn Eris.. if that matters.. :)

Here is the detailed comparison:-

CDMA Hero - Available.

Droid Eris - Not Available.

Nexus One - Not Available

:Sorprendido: Sorry, just pulling your leg.

Any gurus who do the comparison please also include Motorola Droid as i read that Sadik is using that so it may be available to us soon.

Comparing not only the hardware aspect but also software and ease of use or the User Interface in these handset.

Google Nexus one is in a different league altogether and hence cant be compared at par with the other two; in brief:-

Eris and Hero have same processor (Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528Mhz), same ram (512MB ROM / 288MB RAM) ; battery is 1300maH on eris in comparison to 1500maH on hero; little design difference like a touch panel on eris instead of dedicated keys in hero; trackball little smaller on eris; eris is slightly lighter due to lower capacity battery; and eris comes with 8GB micro sd card instead of just 2GB on hero (though all these devices support upto 32GB); both have 5MP camera without flash; BT 2.0; wifi; One big advantage of the eris is that it has PROXIMITY SENSOR, which the hero doesnt have, even though it retails at a lower price than hero; but the screen has 262K colour on Hero in comparison to 65K colour screen on eris... gps, compass, accelerometer, light sensor are common; 3.5mm jack and mini usb jacks are also common;

Nexus One on the other hand has a 3.7" screen in comparison to the 3.2 inchers above; resolution is also 800x480 (compared to 320x480 above); But it is on GSM whereas the above are on CDMA; it has 1400maH battery; 5MP camera with LED flash; Double processor speed (Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz); double ram (512MB Flash 512MB RAM); it also has a teflon coated back; proximity+light sensor; 2nd microphone for noise cancellation;

Moto Droid on the other hand is different from this league due to dedicated sliding qwerty keyboard; It has a 3.7-in.; WVGA (480 x 854 pixels); 16:9 widescreen; Arm® Cortex™ A8 processor 550 mHz, 256MB of RAM, and 512MB of ROM, 1400maH battery, it has micro usb jack instead of mini usb; 3.5mm etc. are common with nexus one; It is also the heaviest of the lot; and not only sadikk, other people are also using it on reliance (maybe me also but I am not telling :winko: )

Software wise all are running different flavours of Android though within a month or so all should be on the latest version i.e 2.1. And it is Android in fact which is the main point of buying any of these phones; as it is open sourced, highly customisable; with 20000+ applications and growing...though the HTC sense on the HTC devices above (except the moto droid) does make a lot of increase in usability...

There are some niggling issues presently with these devices which we are discussing in the relevant topics; so keep following them for more up to date feedbacks... but they are a class apart from anything we have used so far...

and the most important thing is to START LIVING IN THE PRESENT..... what will come in the FUTURE you never know; if you keep waiting for newer devices, your wait would be endless... so start enjoying NOW rather than later...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

Thanks Dhiraj & Tushar for good comparison. But does Eris too have HTC's Sense UI

^

yes, droid eris is htc handset, it has htc sense....

hi guys can sumone tell me if it is better to buy a new bad esn phone or a slightly used good esn or unlocked hero? can the bad esn in us be used here easily? hope they wont be a programing nightmare? or it just that they cant be used on the original carier?

hi guys can sumone tell me if it is better to buy a new bad esn phone or a slightly used good esn or unlocked hero? can the bad esn in us be used here easily? hope they wont be a programing nightmare? or it just that they cant be used on the original carier?

New phone with "bad esn" or used phone with "good esn" are all good for activation here in India . Bad esn phone can't be used with the original carrier . :)

htc hero and droid eris are almost identical in hardware with few cometic differences

but major end user difference is that hero is rootable where droid eris is non rootable

also one would have hiccups setting data on htc droid eris ( may be for evdo)

so overall htc hero is better choice over droid eris

as far as motorola droid is concerned , i own one , and its better than hero and eris anyday

only problem is that motorola isnt that hacker freindly as htc

Thanks for the the information.

Regards

htc hero and droid eris are almost identical in hardware with few cometic differences

but major end user difference is that hero is rootable where droid eris is non rootable

also one would have hiccups setting data on htc droid eris ( may be for evdo)

so overall htc hero is better choice over droid eris

as far as motorola droid is concerned , i own one , and its better than hero and eris anyday

only problem is that motorola isnt that hacker freindly as htc

^^^ hacker-friendly... LOL... I love this expression.. :)

if droid is not hackable then only hero seems to be the only option?

thanks mufaddal and dkaile

^^^

htc droid eris is programmable , which means it can work on reliance

but u cant root it

there are lot of cool advantages of rooting , most imp been hassle free custom roms installation

• Like 1

^^^

htc droid eris is programmable , which means it can work on reliance

but u cant root it

there are lot of cool advantages of rooting , most imp been hassle free custom roms installation

on searching i found motorola droid has been rooted. ?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/droid-unlocked/

^^^ Rooting I guess is not an issue... but the process that follows is an issue... I think experts would comment better on this...

Eris and HERO are same.. only major difference is Eris got touch Sensitive Menu, Search, Home and back keys.. and is more sleek thn HEro..

I didnt find any other Hardware difference between this 2.. I got both in stock.. :)

Also Hero got lil large Trackball thn Eris.. if that matters.. :)

Eris dont Have GPS. Big Draw Back

is motorola droid working on reliance? can i get one and program it easily? will the L1 plan work on it like it did in the ppc6700? i can do unlimited browsing on that plan. using the UtS... etc username.. will it work similarly on the motodroid and hero etc or i have to have a seperate data plan? i ve heard people are having reliance on the moto droid here.. but is it easily done? and would a bad esn matter?

^

- droid eris does have gps, but you cant root it

- you wont be able to use moto droid on reliance yet...

Edited by dkaile

^

- droid eris does have gps, but you cant root it

- you wont be able to use moto droid on reliance yet...

are u sure ? because just some time back mufaddal said he was using one? on reliance i think? please confirm. thanks.

^

Lol... pls dont take my comments frivolously...

Edited by dkaile