Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nil

Gtran S**ks

hi,

i am using GTran for last 5 months. it is worst handset. :confuse: ... sms problem/ bad R world ...

and now i am facing some wierd problems

1. handset shows full range but i am not able to make or receive calls /sms. If i remove battery and put it back. it works

2.. I was making a call and i got a sms .... and like windows my hadset hanged and rebooted :angry:

and it deleted all my 15 sms :angry:

I hate this handset.

- nil

Edited by nil

When the phone hangs, it shows full range, but u cant receive or make calls.

I had this problem in 2030 also. But after a software update, things are fine.

but does any cell ( GSM /CDMA ) delete all sms ???? :confuse:

this handset is low quality import from reliance

upgrading to GTran from LG 2030 by paying 5.5 K was a big mistake. ( and it is now available in 6K. )

- nil

All I can say is...This is the first time the title of a topic has had to be censored! Courtesy - GTran!

hi,

i  am using GTran for last 5 months. it is worst handset.  :confuse: ... sms problem/ bad R world ...

and now i am facing some wierd problems

1. handset shows full range but i am not able to make or receive calls /sms. If i remove battery and put it back. it works

2.. I was making a call and i got a sms .... and like windows my hadset hanged and rebooted  :confuse:

and it deleted all my 15 sms  :(

I hate this handset.

- nil

18272[/snapback]

Hi nil,

I had the same problem,reported to GTRAN ASC and they have replaced with

new GTRAN hanset.Now I am not facing any problem

Sivashankkar

thanx Sivashankkar.

I went to ASC (Saki naka, mumbai ) , which was fortunately near to my place.

The service center guy is friendly and helpful. He gave me new handset which worked in ASC but when i came back to my place it stopped catching range :clap: So again i went back, and he again gave me new Hand set :grin: which is working fine now.

<content deleted>

</content deleted>

So my suggestion to All current / future RIM user

DO NOT BUY / UPGRADE TO GTRAN

it is a good handset but reliance's stratergies have made it not even worth of 6k. ( and unfortunate ppl like me have bought it in 12 K :'( )

- nil

Edited by nil

In the on going conflict b/w GTran and Reliance we are suffering.

Hey Guys

Looks that no one is satisfied with GTRAN. I take a contarary view ------ it has got all the features that i need for a mobile that is

1. Making and receiving calls ***** ( i have never had any problems till date)

2. GOod Ring tones from PC sync software ***

3. Great display and good looks (though its exterior may have been better) ****

4. Mobile banking and checking mail (rediff) **

5. Sms (though it may have been better one gets used to it but it hardly matters to me now since making a call is cheaper than sending sms and other operators have made it costlier to send sms to reliance atleast in karnataka) *

As far as missing r-world applications none of those are of really much use since i dont need to make rail reservation or m-coupons etc.

My only greivance is against the battery life but fortunately it lasts a day for me which is enough.

I would rather keep this great handset which fortunately works for me than change my handset and later realize that the new handset has got bugs and crib

about it (which is inevitable since no handset is perfect without bugs)

Regards

Ananth

Hii....

I too have a Gtran.... n frankly i am satisfied with my Cell....

Multiple Sms...

Ringtones as per my choice....

Voice recording....

PC Sync...

Rworld i dont really use so dont care abt it...

Call functioning is proper...

Has network better than my old LG 2030

SO basically till date i am HAPPY with my Gtran PHone....

n i think its worth its price tag of 6k....

Regards

Vijay

i totally agree with vijay and ananth. my gtran rocks for me... i would go to the extent of saying that of all the problems that various handsets have, the gtran seems much better comparatively. easily the best handset by reliance till date

though i have no idea abt the nokia and the new lg ones...

I think u people are matured. According to me all college studs enjoy SMS most.

I and my friends like SMS a lot. You can never compare SMS with calls. There are many things like jokes etc which have there own fun when shared as SMS. They lost their importance when you share them orally. Every day I send and receive almost 50 SMS.

You are right, now calls are much cheaper than SMS. But on GTran receiving and making calls is more dangerous. When ever you get a call you get worried about battery.

I very honestly tell you an actual fact. Whenever I get a call and I have charger with me. I prefer to put phone on charge.

Rworld has got many interesting things like MMS, Rsurf, Web mail etc. Rworld is free and if it remains free I will use Rworld to my max. I even suggest others to use Rworld you are indirectly paying for it.

I got GTran for 12K.

In my view GTran is good at 6k not as a mobile but as a FWP.

I think u people are matured.

18764[/snapback]

Sometimes maturity comes from the pocket. :P

I and my friends like SMS a lot.
If you like sms logic tells shift to gsm lots of sms like flash sms and animated sms are not available on any handset of reliance and there are more gsm players which give free sms and sms at 30ps and there is a lot of inter operator compatibility in gsm to gsm than say gsm to cdma.
Whenever I get a call and I have charger with me.
I will use Rworld to my max.

If you use r-world to the max then your battery life will automatically come down be it any color handset then how can you expect not to be worried when you get a call. It is better to use r-world with charger (set your priorities straight).

Regards

Ananth

I agree with Ananth i have rd2030 and the battery used to last for a day or sometimes i had to charge it in evening also i also used r world to the max just to check mails at the drop of a hat

Now for the past one month i rarely use r world and my battery lasts for atleast two days

This thing might go right with Gtran also

I like ananth's last line SET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT

If you like sms logic tells shift to gsm lots of sms like flash sms and animated sms are not available on any handset of reliance and there are more gsm players which give free sms and sms at 30ps and there is a lot of inter operator compatibility in gsm to gsm than say gsm to cdma.
ON RIM i have free SMS. which GSM provides this.
If you use r-world to the max then your battery life will automatically come down be it any color handset then how can you expect not to be worried when you get a call. It is better to use r-world with charger (set your priorities straight).

on RWORLD i check my mail. when i have power supply then i have option for PC.

i am familiar with battery usage for CDMA handsets. with almost same usage I have used Samsung N191 and LG RD 2030. battery response given by GTRAN is very much inferior when compared to them.

now u will say it's a color handset. it's color but handset manufacturers must provide battery suitable for their product.

Samsung color comes with Enhanced battery as well as standard battery. even 7230 gives better response.

for battery don't blame reliance. it comes from GTRAN.

Maturity comes from pocket you are right.

but usage comes from requirements.

By aged, maturity I just meant to talk about age factor. Please don’t misunderstand me. I enjoy SMS but many aged, elders known to me use SMS rarely.

Edited by Saurav

I think if u treat it as a regular cell.... say GSM which doesnt have Rworld... then u and others wud be at par rite saurav... Rworld seriously doesnt attract me... mms u can send rim to rim only ( correct me if i am wrong) and mail u can check on the net when u type replies here... so basically one can live without "RWORLD" and saurav u say SMS is what u dig... well then u can send sms to many ppl.... N one point which i dont think anyone has raised is the privacy issue... i can lock my inbox in GTRAN... my lg cud not do that... FOr me at least its a added advantage:) .... PLus everyone has to agree flipopen always looks better than a regular peice.... and saurav is ur battery really that bad????????????

REGARDS

Vijay

PS:- GTRAN gives 2 batteries, 2 chargers, and most importantly a PC SYNC wire...

LG 2030 has lock feature. complete phone can be locked by a single code. as far color handsets are concerned i am not sure but think 7230 has this feature.

MMS to other mobiles is possible on 6000 & 6130 as they support native MMS.