Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Is Rimweb Turning To Be Buy And Sell Market Place?

@Arun

Great Step ... :thumb:

A very Gud Morning to all ...

Muffy needs to be a mod. I value his contributions much much more over other mods. Almost everyday he gives us something new to play with. :Riendo: It's like an apple a day....

:previous: Not only Muffy, everyone including you is a moderator here. Please re-read the notes on Community Moderation that I posted earlier.

@Arun, I see there is the 'report' button in every post (response to the topic). Should we press on it (when required) to any particular response we feel is not correct/not required, or any 'report' button from the entire topic is ok??

:previous: Yes, any of them would be fine.

Somehow, this page skipped my reading. :Decepcionado:

I have one question.... when something happens to my phone, I will use info that was in Techie Enclave alone... and we would really need it to use our handsets... so now when the access has been revoked, how are we supposed to access that information which we do need? The information that we never copy paste with us because we just search in TE as and when we need it? :Confuso:

Arun, one more point. Recently, a lot of people are using their signatures as well as their status messages to give their phone numbers and thread links. Now, let's say someone is not having 10 posts, so he can't have a thread now. But, he just gives out information in his signature or his status message: Selling Whack-A-Jack at INR 20 Million Only. Contact: 91234567890. How are we to react to those tactics? Are we to report the user in that case?

Edited by shubhanyu

I have one question.... when something happens to my phone, I will use info that was in Techie Enclave alone... and we would really need it to use our handsets... so now when the access has been revoked, how are we supposed to access that information which we do need? The information that we never copy paste with us because we just search in TE as and when we need it? :Confuso:

I had posted earlier regarding how Techie Enclave membership is organized now. You will definitely get an invitation as we review more members to be invited.

Arun, one more point. Recently, a lot of people are using their signatures as well as their status messages to give their phone numbers and thread links. Now, let's say someone is not having 10 posts, so he can't have a thread now. But, he just gives out information in his signature or his status message: Selling Whack-A-Jack at INR 20 Million Only. Contact: 91234567890. How are we to react to those tactics? Are we to report the user in that case?

Yes, please use use the Report button for them as it can be used for reporting ANYthing.

Edit: Just in case you were wondering on how to report a member directly (not through a post), click the member name (open profile page) and on the top right there is a "Report Member" button.

Thats really great of you dear Arun. :)

+1 to you. :)

Very good move. One yet another suggestion, how about having reputation system?

^^^

Its already there

Check you profile, your Reputation is 35.

Same can be used to rate the sellers

Edited by hitesh123

^^^ But that is post based & therefore in-accurate..

I wonder what are the stars for in the top right corner..

What plays an actual role in reputation enhancement?

I guess someone with 50+ posts can decide on an overall reputation for a fellow member as by then he will know members better.. but at the same time he should be allowed to change his views..

Edited by ACS

Ye india ka cricket hai, BHIDU.. Wicket mile to taali bhidu, bowler pitey to gaali bhidu :D

Atlast allzz well.. :D

:previous: well put.

service industry hai hi aisi... thankless ! you do 1000 things right only to undo them all by one wrong and be remembered that way !

^^^

Its already there

Check you profile, your Reputation is 35.

Same can be used to rate the sellers

But I meant repute points given by other members.

That will again be a step towards making a forum a reputation based good seller bad seller market only. There really is no good or bad in information exchange... all devs are equal... rep points are required in a buy sell system... to make buyers aware... info exchange got nothing to do with it ..

@ kshah

I dont know if Our IP Board allow this..

u talking about something like this?? Check out the Attachment..

post-271-126502077396_thumb.png

i liked the idea of community moderation , over individual moderation

power in hands of people , thats called democracy

^^^

But this was available from long time,

But if Arun is doing mods of buys sell section i am ok.

what about the rest of forum?

Sadikks iTrade option will be goods, but ip board should support it.

Sorry was away for a few days on a family function and could not answer the alleged remark by this one forum member who has leveled some serious allegations towards me. Though I do NOT want to disturb the positive direction this thread has taken, but I do feel the need to clarify certain allegations that this member has made against me and hence would like clarify certain points :-

1. I would like to begin with by saying that Mr. Sanjay Sharma called me and initiated all the discussions that followed. I did not even know Mr. Sharma but he referred about this forum and spoke to me about getting a Hero from abroad and I asked him whether he had the necessary technical expertise to crack it and he said NO. On seeing the lack of it, I asked him to get it locally from Mr. Sadikk. He told me NO, HE WOULD NEVER BUY FROM Mr. SADIKK as he was a Two Timer (which were his EXACT WORDS) and keeps giving him separate prices. First he gave him 1 price and then another. On hearing his dilemma and ON HIS REQUEST ONLY, I told him, that I do get handsets FOR MY FRIENDS & RELATIVES ONLY and if he was interested I may try for him. HE IMMEDIATELY JUMPED WITH JOY on hearing this and requested me to give him a best price and I told him I am not into this for ANY PROFITS, and as the current handset prices have increased and the handset is available for anywhere between 300-350$ + Shipping by Bluedart (another 50-60$) + Customs etc. and the price would come to around 17-18,000/- WITHOUT ANY PROFITS. I did not GIVE HIM A FIXED PRICE AT THAT POINT as mentioned by him.

HE HAS COMPLETELY SKIPPED THIS ABOVE SAID PART OF THE DISCUSSION FROM THE ALLEGATIONS HE HAS MADE AGAINST ME.

He was so overjoyed that he told me that he is ready with 2 connections immediately and maybe more later. I told him SPECIFICALLY that this is not my profession and I just do this TO ENCOURAGE DEVELOPMENT OF GOOD QUALITY HANDSETS for my FRIENDS & RELATIVES. Also I told him that as he had said 2 connections this should be confirmed as FREIGHT CHARGES WORK OUT TO BE CHEAPER in 2 rather than 1 handset.

And YES, I DID TELL HIM NOT TO DISCUSS THIS FACT THAT I CAN GET HANDSETS FOR OTHER PEOPLE BE MADE PUBLIC, for the reasons -

- as I do not do this professionally

- I did not want to be swamped by requests from other forum members to procure handsets for them

- I did not want the CREATE A WRONG IMPRESSION that I am standing in competition to any Seller

I was doing in this particular case / or have done this in the PAST, ONLY ON SPECIFIC REQUEST OF SOME FORUM MEMBER, just to help him taste these foreign handsets and NEVER TO EARN PROFITS. And THIS IS THE CREDIT I GET for helping such members.

He had ALREADY CONFIRMED THE 2 HANDSETS TO ME, and the fact that he is saying that I asked him for 2 handsets is TOTALLY WRONG. I had not even mentioned 2 HANDSETS TILL HE SAID THAT FIGURE TO ME.

2. He repeatedly SMS'd me and CALLED ME. And the TONE OF HIS SMS/PHONES was such as he was talking to SOME SELLER and not to a FRIEND who was just helping him procure these imported handsets. This had started to irritate me, as I was trying to DO HIM A FAVOUR and whacking my brains FOR HIM, as to how to get him a GOOD HANDSET at BEST POSSIBLE PRICES, and he was repeatedly SMSING ME, asking me for better prices as if I was in this thing for some profits.

So YES, THIS behavior ON HIS PART, had already pissed me off. Then he CALLS ME one fine day and straight away tells me very matter of factedly, that he now wants ONLY 1 Handset and not 2 as his "FRIEND" had backed out citing the reason of DEALING WITH UNTRUSTWORTHY NORTH INDIAN. Now If all my esteemed members had heard THE TONE, in which Mr. Sanjay Sharma had said that sentence, if he was standing face to face from me, I would have really conked his *** OFF. I would like to remind Mr. Sharma, that I have got a very full fledge bustling business of my own with TURNOVER IN SEVERAL CRORES (not lakhs). I am SORRY I have to divulge this fact to my dear forum members, which i have never disclosed before, in what may seem as a self gratifying stance, but let me assure you all that it is not. I am on this FORUM for the specific reason that I love this forum and the technical interaction I have had over the several years that i have been on this forum. And to see such a TWO TIMING person ACCUSE ME, I do seem to have lost my patience to deal with such people.

At that point of time, I did loose my cool and told him that I will NOT BE ABLE TO GET ANY HANDSET FOR HIM. He said that if he gets the other friend agreed would I get the handsets for him? I SPECIFICALLY REPLIED, That Mr. Sharma, I AM SORRY AND I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH A PERSON LIKE YOU, and even if you want 2 or 10 handsets, I would NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEM FOR YOU, as you are TALKING TO ME AS A SELLER and NOT AS A FRIEND.

HE HAS CONVENIENTLY ALSO SKIPPED THIS PART FROM HIS REPLY, that I had refused to GET THE HANDSETS for him all together whether 2 or 10, due to his rotten behavior.

He then subsequently SMS'd me APOLOGISING, that though he did not understand what he had said wrong to me on phone (such people NEVER DO REALISE), He would like to remain MY FRIEND. And I think, in that also was his OWN VESTED INTEREST, as he would be requiring HELP FROM SOME TECHIES, as he would NOW have to GET THIS HANDSET from some other source and at a higher price. On receiving his SMS, me in my own simple natured way thought that he might be GENUINELY FEELING SORRY. What did I know that such a scheming and plotting person are NEVER GENUINE. So I sms'd him back, that OK, i might get him the handset but only if they were 2. As I had already surveyed for him and it was only possible for me to give him in my committed price range if there were 2 handsets as then i could save on the handling and forwarding/custom charges for the handset to reach India. Subsequently next day, I also got a call from another of my friends, who already committed for 1 hero (and whome I have since already got that Hero for). So again in a PURE GOOD NATURED SIMPLE WAY, without any MALISE or ILL FEELING, I sms'd this gentleman that if he so desired i can even get him 1 handset (THIS WAS JUST TO HELP HIM PROCURE THAT HANDSET, which is the first priority in my heart for my rimweb friends) as I have got another friend who wants a handset.

He subsequently never answered back and RAN STRAIGHT TO SADIKK, and confirmed the handset from him.

NOW, just the other day, I got a call from Sadikk who informed me in a normal good natured way what type of BUYER's HE HAS TO DEAL WITH. Now, at that point of time both me and sadikk did not know about what person we were talking about. He informed me of a BUYER, who confirmed a handset from him for 19.5K. When his person went to deliver the handset to him at some public place where he delivered the hero to this buyer in a car. The buyer handed this person of sadikk an amount of 19K and SPED AWAY IN THE CAR, before he could confirm from sadikk the final amount etc. This had BOTH OF US LAUGHING OAO, and when I asked him who this person was, it turned out to be the GREAT Mr. SANJAY SHARMA. The same facts can be confirmed from Sadikk by ANY FORUM MEMBER if he so wishes to.

NOW, judging from all the above facts, I leave to all the forum members to DECIDE who the GUILTY PARTY IS?

It does leave a BAD TASTE in mouth when any person like me who spends his time mostly helping other people (including some on this forum also) is made to look like a cheap skateboard. I sometimes ponder whether this whole exercise I do is having any positive consequence or is worthwhile at all OR that I should quit this all together. But then I also realise that when you have helped hundred's of people, there will always be some sour chillies like Mr. Sanjay Sharma who will also be mixed with all the good people I have met through this forum. I believe in basic goodness of human kind, but there are exceptions always.

Now, I also see that this Mr. Sanjay Sharma has been a member way before I was, on this forum, but have hardly seen him post anything worthwhile on this forum till date. He seems to be mostly getting information from this forum without giving any substantial feedback back to it.

Now, in view of the above facts, if YOU, the FORUM MEMBERS, decide that I am at fault, I am willing not to post any more on this esteemed forum for ALL TIMES TO COME. But it can ONLY BE DECIDED BY YOU, the general populus and NOT by some arrogant snob.

I leave it at that.....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 3

:previous::GirandoOjos:

Those who are active in this forum knows much about dkaile and he is such a reputed member in this forum. He wont let down who asks him help.

Its from my own personal experiences. So I think now we know who is the real culprit.

And @dkaile : ji.. u dont have to tell these much...we all forum members have that much trustworthy like anything in some forum members. That one includes you too..

So suddenly if one guy cames and tell that Sadikk bhai cheated or dkaile cheated, the forum members wont believe it..thats because the reputation and trust you all people build through ur helps.. :winko:

No mud slinging from my side. As there is no end to allegations and counter allegations that would not lead us anywhere. Only one thing I agree: is that Dkaile is a techie and helps all the members in solving their problems. So, if members feel, I did something wrong in replying to derogatory remarks, then I am ready to unsubscribe from the forum.

Regards,

Sanjay

Sorry was away for a few days on a family function and could not answer the alleged remark by this one forum member who has leveled some serious allegations towards me. Though I do now want to disturb the positive direction this thread has taken, but I do feel the need to clarify certain allegations that this member has made against me and hence would like clarify certain points :-

1. I would like to begin with by saying that Mr. Sanjay Sharma called me and initiated all the discussions that followed. I did not even know Mr. Sharma but he referred about this forum and spoke to me about getting a Hero from abroad and I asked him whether he had the necessary technical expertise to crack it and he said NO. On seeing the lack of it, I asked him to get it locally from Mr. Sadikk. He told me NO, HE WOULD NEVER BUY FROM Mr. SADIKK as he was a Two Timer (which were his EXACT WORDS) and keeps giving him separate prices. First he gave him 1 price and then another. On hearing his dilemma and ON HIS REQUEST ONLY, I told him, that I do get handsets FOR MY FRIENDS & RELATIVES ONLY and if he was interested I may try for him. HE IMMEDIATELY JUMPED WITH JOY on hearing this and requested me to give him a best price and I told him I am not into this for ANY PROFITS, and as the current handset prices have increased and the handset is available for anywhere between 300-350$ + Shipping by Bluedart (another 50-60$) + Customs etc. and the price would come to around 17-18,000/- WITHOUT ANY PROFITS. I did not GIVE HIM A FIXED PRICE AT THAT POINT as mentioned by him.

HE HAS COMPLETELY SKIPPED THIS ABOVE SAID PART OF THE DISCUSSION FROM THE ALLEGATIONS HE HAS MADE AGAINST ME.

He was so overjoyed that he told me that he is ready with 2 connections immediately and maybe more later. I told him SPECIFICALLY that this is not my profession and I just do this TO ENCOURAGE DEVELOPMENT OF GOOD QUALITY HANDSETS for my FRIENDS & RELATIVES. Also I told him that as he had said 2 connections this should be confirmed as FREIGHT CHARGES WORK OUT TO BE CHEAPER in 2 rather than 1 handset.

And YES, I DID TELL HIM NOT TO DISCUSS THIS FACT THAT I CAN GET HANDSETS FOR OTHER PEOPLE BE MADE PUBLIC, for the reasons -

- as I do not do this professionally

- I did not want to be swamped by requests from other forum members to procure handsets for them

- I did not want the CREATE A WRONG IMPRESSION that I am standing in competition to any Seller

I was doing in this particular case / or have done this in the PAST, ONLY ON SPECIFIC REQUEST OF SOME FORUM MEMBER, just to help him taste these foreign handsets and NEVER TO EARN PROFITS. And THIS IS THE CREDIT I GET for helping such members.

He had ALREADY CONFIRMED THE 2 HANDSETS TO ME, and the fact that he is saying that I asked him for 2 handsets is TOTALLY WRONG. I had not even mentioned 2 HANDSETS TILL HE SAID THAT FIGURE TO ME.

2. He repeatedly SMS'd me and CALLED ME. And the TONE OF HIS SMS/PHONES was such as he was talking to SOME SELLER and not to a FRIEND who was just helping him procure these imported handsets. This had started to irritate me, as I was trying to DO HIM A FAVOUR and whacking my brains FOR HIM, as to how to get him a GOOD HANDSET at BEST POSSIBLE PRICES, and he was repeatedly SMSING ME, asking me for better prices as if I was in this thing for some profits.

So YES, THIS behavior ON HIS PART, had already pissed me off. Then he CALLS ME one fine day and straight away tells me very matter of factedly, that he now wants ONLY 1 Handset and not 2 as his "FRIEND" had backed out citing the reason of DEALING WITH UNTRUSTWORTHY NORTH INDIAN. Now If all my esteemed members had heard THE TONE, in which Mr. Sanjay Sharma had said that sentence, if he was standing face to face from me, I would have really conked his *** OFF. I would like to remind Mr. Sharma, that I have got a very full fledge bustling business of my own with TURNOVER IN SEVERAL CRORES (not lakhs). I am SORRY I have to divulge this fact to my dear forum members, which i have never disclosed before, in what may seem as a self gratifying stance, but let me assure you all that it is not. I am on this FORUM for the specific reason that I love this forum and the technical interaction I have had over the several years that i have been on this forum. And to see such a TWO TIMING person ACCUSE ME, I do seem to have lost my patience to deal with such people.

At that point of time, I did loose my cool and told him that I will NOT BE ABLE TO GET ANY HANDSET FOR HIM. He said that if he gets the other friend agreed would I get the handsets for him? I SPECIFICALLY REPLIED, That Mr. Sharma, I AM SORRY AND I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH A PERSON LIKE YOU, and even if you want 2 or 10 handsets, I would NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEM FOR YOU, as you are TALKING TO ME AS A SELLER and NOT AS A FRIEND.

HE HAS CONVENIENTLY ALSO SKIPPED THIS PART FROM HIS REPLY, that I had refused to GET THE HANDSETS for him all together whether 2 or 10, due to his rotten behavior.

He then subsequently SMS'd me APOLOGISING, that though he did not understand what he had said wrong to me on phone (such people NEVER DO REALISE), He would like to remain MY FRIEND. And I think, in that also was his OWN VESTED INTEREST, as he would be requiring HELP FROM SOME TECHIES, as he would NOW have to GET THIS HANDSET from some other source and at a higher price. On receiving his SMS, me in my own simple natured way thought that he might be GENUINELY FEELING SORRY. What did I know that such a scheming and plotting person are NEVER GENUINE. So I sms'd him back, that OK, i might get him the handset but only if they were 2. As I had already surveyed for him and it was only possible for me to give him in my committed price range if there were 2 handsets as then i could save on the handling and forwarding/custom charges for the handset to reach India. Subsequently next day, I also got a call from another of my friends, who already committed for 1 hero (and whome I have since already got that Hero for). So again in a PURE GOOD NATURED SIMPLE WAY, without any MALISE or ILL FEELING, I sms'd this gentleman that if he so desired i can even get him 1 handset (THIS WAS JUST TO HELP HIM PROCURE THAT HANDSET, which is the first priority in my heart for my rimweb friends) as I have got another friend who wants a handset.

He subsequently never answered back and RAN STRAIGHT TO SADIKK, and confirmed the handset from him.

NOW, just the other day, I got a call from Sadikk who informed me in a normal good natured way what type of BUYER's HE HAS TO DEAL WITH. Now, at that point of time both me and sadikk did not know about what person we were talking about. He informed me of a BUYER, who confirmed a handset from him for 19.5K. When his person went to deliver the handset to him at some public place where he delivered the hero to this buyer in a car. The buyer handed this person of sadikk an amount of 19K and SPED AWAY IN THE CAR, before he could confirm from sadikk the final amount etc. This had BOTH OF US LAUGHING OAO, and when I asked him who this person was, it turned out to be the GREAT Mr. SANJAY SHARMA. The same facts can be confirmed from Sadikk by ANY FORUM MEMBER if he so wishes to.

NOW, judging from all the above facts, I leave to all the forum members to DECIDE who the GUILTY PARTY IS?

It does leave a BAD TASTE in mouth when any person like me who spends his time mostly helping other people (including some on this forum also) is made to look like a cheap skateboard. I sometimes ponder whether this whole exercise I do is having any positive consequence or is worthwhile at all OR that I should quit this all together. But then I also realise that when you have helped hundred's of people, there will always be some sour chillies like Mr. Sanjay Sharma who will also be mixed with all the good people I have met through this forum. I believe in basic goodness of human kind, but there are exceptions always.

Now, I also see that this Mr. Sanjay Sharma has been a member way before I was, on this forum, but have hardly seen him post anything worthwhile on this forum till date. He seems to be mostly getting information from this forum without giving any substantial feedback back to it.

Now, in view of the above facts, if YOU, the FORUM MEMBERS, decide that I am at fault, I am willing not to post any more on this esteemed forum for ALL TIMES TO COME. But it can ONLY BE DECIDED BY YOU, the general populus and NOT by some arrogant snob.

I leave it at that.....

@DKaile, you don't need to divulge your business details bro... suffice to say that you are a busy person, I hope everybody here knows that... we all have a life of our own away from the forums.. I have seen one more person here personally who has a business in crores and yet was good enough to help me out.. that's exactly what a community is.. we all have lives, and yet we all are there when we need help... you are a respected member of RIMweb.. very few people match you in terms of your input here bro..

And that's the real spirit of a community and a forum that we must always hold high... buy sell ought to be for those interested... like underground activity..when we buy-sell openly, we are tempted.... A forum should at best advocate "occasional" buying and selling... not have full-fledged markets.. I would just say that buy-sell like DKaile and a few others who just do it part time is better for a forum. Anyone willing to get into just selling is ruining the spirit of the forum...as more and more will just come to the forum for buying-selling.

All coins have two sides...it is good DKaile put his side of the coin for up for us to see.

Edited by shubhanyu