Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

Videocon Gsm Service Launch Next Month

New entrant Datacom is finally set to launch its GSM-based mobile services after a prolonged delay. Furthermore, the company is also set to change its name from Datacom to Videocon Telecommunications Ltd. (VTL) reports the Hindustan Times.

The name change signifies the change in management control rights. In fact the firm was involved in a bitter dispute over the management control rights issue with the HFCL promoters Nahatas and Dhoots of the Videocon Group staking claim over the management control rights of the firm.

The Nahatas own 36% stake in the JV. He is set to receive Rs 1,400 crore to offload his entire stake in Datacom.

The differences over management control scaled to such an extent that things almost came to a standstill for more than a year.

This also led to exit of the company’s CEO, Ravi Sharma and others at helm. Finally R.N.Dhoot took over charge of the company affairs and is now assisted by his other brother P.N.Dhoot.

Things at Datacom had started to look positive when the company awarded IT outsourcing contract to IBM and also inked a tower sharing agreement with Aircel and Datacom. The company’s advertising contract was also up for grabs and Singapore-based T.A.G was a front runner to bag the contract. For wireless equipment the company had signed a MoU with Huawei.

The company is scheduled to launch its mobile services next month starting with Mumbai circle to be followed by Tamil Nadu and Punjab.

Tower sharing with Aircel and MoU for wireless equipment with Huawei... :Equivocado:

Didn't Aircel sell its towers to another co few weeks back :confuse: ??? Then what Tower Sharing Agreement :wacko: ???

NICE COMBINATION... :rofl_200:

What tariff they may bring :Ohhhh: ??? With or without the call mole$ting charges??? May be they can give their Videocon mobiles FREE with postpaid connections :winko:

But anyway, WELCOME VIDEOCON, the Indian Multi-National :clap:

wat is brand name of service?

"dhoooooooooooot mobile" :Contento:

^^^

Aircel sold tower sharing to Datacom,

Same comapany is with Videocon, actually datacom is now Videocon telecommunication pvt ltd.

I dont find any GSM operator coming to Delhi for quite some time now.

^

delhi has no spectrum..thats y u r being deprived of docomo..vodafone/airtel's style of competing by hoarding spectrum

:previous:

YES... Sad thing :Equivocado: , but VERY TRUE...

i think videocon will offer discounted and locked mobiles with service. i think thts good strategy. give cheap handset with good plan. they earn by selling handset and now service. good combo... something similar to western world. but you never know. :sign_omg: market is getting over crowded.. etisalat is also on its way.

Edited by csmart

i think videocon will offer discounted and locked mobiles with service. i think thts good strategy. give cheap handset with good plan. they earn by selling handset and now service. good combo... something similar to western world. but you never know. :sign_omg: market is getting over crowded.. etisalat is also on its way.

yes. Etisalat network is showing in maharashtra.i.e. IND-918.BY MANUAL SEARCH

The scarcity of spectrum in Delhi is a bad thing for users here... They dont have much options against Airtel/Idea/Vodafone. RGSM is super flop and Aircel is trying to find its feet...We could have done better with DoCoMo atleast.

etisalat have received startup spectrum in delhi. dont know when they will launch service.

Yup, Etisalat is now showing up in Poona. :Chulo:

Sad that Delhi users won't have the choice we have. But maybe RGSM will improve. It is now not too bad here. There are occasional issues with voice clarity and when sending SMSs, but keeping in mind the tariffs, it is tolerable. Don't know if my complaints helped or it was a coincidence. I'm still nagging them about these and some other issues like congestion at peak hours on some inter-circle calls (esp. Vodaphone), balance checking (*367#, etc), etc. They have sent me questionnaire kinda mails to be filled up, asking for details, which I have filled up and sent. The acknowledged with multiple complaint numbers for the various issues. Hope things will improve. They better... as there are going to be lots more options otherwise... :GirandoOjos:

Edited by raccoon

wat is brand name of service?

"dhoooooooooooot mobile" :Contento:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

^^^

I think name will be Simply Videocon

As this name is well known in india.

Edited by hitesh123

^^^

I think name will be Simply Videocon

As this name is well known in india.

Yes, they have registered their name as Videocon Telecommunications Ltd, check telecom tiger for details, all info updated

Rgds

Ramesh Madhavan

^^^

I was talking about the name of the service, not the company name.

company name is already mention in my first post.

It is like MTNL give service on name of Garuda,

Datacom In Mumbai, Gsm Mobile Service By 20 February

Datacom the GSM Mobile service brand of Videocon Telecommunications Ltd. (VTL) will starts its Mobile Services from Mumbai on February 20. The company aims to cover the entire country within eighteen months.

According to the official statement by the operator “The Company is scheduled to launch its mobile services this month starting with Mumbai circle to be followed by Tamil Nadu and Punjab. It will complete the pan-India GSM roll out in next 18 months”

Datacom which is recently renamed as Videocon Telecommunication Ltd is the subsidiary of consumer durables Major Videocon Group. It was one of the eight new operators who were given UAS licenses for 15 telecom circles in January 2008 to provide Mobile Telecommunications services.

source.telecomtalk

The launch of datacom is definitely a non issue for me. They initially had plans to launch services as early as August 15th , 2008 from Tamil Nadu circle. Then due to internal problems the launch date was postponed to August 15th, 2009 and now a new date.

Also their DTH launch was delayed significantly from the initial promised date. Seems like the company must do proper homework before giving out dates.

I would certainly not prefer such an "uncertain company".

They initially had plans to launch services as early as August 15th , 2008 from Tamil Nadu circle.

Wow... If they had launched on that time 2008, then they may have made more money and subscribers now... I feel sorry for them... Hope they don't bring the tariff plans available during 2008 atleast :rofl_200: :rofl_200: ...

^^^

LoL

i think they will be giving good talktime with their handsets,

hi

today is 18 feb

two days for 20 feb

any one now website link & offer details

Edited by kk999

I really doubt whether commercial services would actually be launched by the 20th of February, 2010.

This, because the company has a history of never meeting deadlines!!!!!!!(both the GSM as well as the DTH businesses)

Edited by vvinayakpai

^^^

i think they have again postpone

:previous::Contento:

are they on same track of govt

Delaying 3g launch to infinity???