Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

Help: Htc Hero Messages Issue

you may have tried but why dont you check international dial prefix policy

settings -> call setting ->plus code dialing -> Check north american dialing and set code to 00 in international dialing.

Going to copy paste same at http://www.rimweb.in...55entry173955

Also seems that you are composing MMS not SMS.

Sir I am composing SMS only... And I am having issues in receiving and not sending.

And Will check the Settings again for sure..

Sorry I made a mistake, I read sending.

you may have tried but why dont you check international dial prefix policy

settings -> call setting ->plus code dialing -> Check north american dialing and set code to 00 in international dialing.

Going to copy paste same at http://www.rimweb.in...55entry173955

Also seems that you are composing MMS not SMS.

Done that.. No Gain..

Well '�9215888���'

Is non SQL Compliant Those Non ASCII code can not be part of SQLite Command and that's making Problem. When u receive SMS the SMS Handlers Software Search for Incoming Number into contact book to fetch corresponding name. But due to non ASCII Character it getting SQL Error and failing.

Well '�9215888���'

Is non SQL Compliant Those Non ASCII code can not be part of SQLite Command and that's making Problem. When u receive SMS the SMS Handlers Software Search for Incoming Number into contact book to fetch corresponding name. But due to non ASCII Character it getting SQL Error and failing.

Now We Are Talking Pro... So what can we do about this sir? Actulally thats a part of number from which I sent the txt from! If you need I can leak the number. The Number Was Saved Before Which I deleted afterwords to check whether it is a address book issue but still no good... Even After deleting the number the same force close issue occurs.

What can I do about this HP sir?

Sorry! Forgot to mention a big thing.

When I receive Messages from Tata Indicom and other ads like 121, 56633, ect. number the phone receives it without any error!

Another Weird Issue!

The Phone Works Fine Whole Day! But when left ideal at night, next day whoever calls first gets switched off message from tata indicom.

Man. this phone has loads of bugs. google should better take care of these.

^

like I said earlier, maybe its your phone activation and settings that are not properly updated/configured/activated and not a hardware/bug problem that you are stating....

I am using with reliance, with data full on and even then I rarely miss a call (even though I should, as data and voice dont travel simultaneously on 1x), though sometimes when my phone is downloading something my callers do get a busy tone but never switched off. So there is NO SUCH BUG in the phone or hardware. I would suggest you stick to 1.56 based roms as of now (modaco 1.3 is most stable), in which the only issue I am facing is of BT file transfer and nothing else. I am waiting for the official 2.1 release by sprint after which I will shift to that...

kindly try reactivating your phone, if its possible or take the help of your seller (sadikk) and manually configure tata settings once more... be aware that tata operates on multiple sid's and nid's unlike reliance which has only 1; so get all those feeded into your phone through qpst...

• Like 1

@sumit

well the kind of problem u stated in ur last post makes me believe that there is some issue with radio of phone

coz this same problem i faced on my palm pre , where after some hours of been idle it would come as switched off to my caller

i solved this problem on pre by reflashing the radio several times , now its working perfectly without any issues

ur problem certainly isnt related to tata

or isnt related to rom , as if it was rom related problem it shud have been solved by now

something is wrong with ur radio may be

remember all phones r not same , some will work flawlessly whereas some will have issues ...

• Like 1

I think he needs to reflash with the original RUU of sprint which runs as a exe file, which resets the radio completely; his rooting will also go; maybe he will need to reactivate connection also; also may try the same in cdma wkshp but dont think he will be able to do so... so reflashing with original RUU may be the thing... but be ready for the things I told u...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

@sumit

well the kind of problem u stated in ur last post makes me believe that there is some issue with radio of phone

coz this same problem i faced on my palm pre , where after some hours of been idle it would come as switched off to my caller

i solved this problem on pre by reflashing the radio several times , now its working perfectly without any issues

ur problem certainly isnt related to tata

or isnt related to rom , as if it was rom related problem it shud have been solved by now

something is wrong with ur radio may be

remember all phones r not same , some will work flawlessly whereas some will have issues ...

I think he needs to reflash with the original RUU of sprint which runs as a exe file, which resets the radio completely; his rooting will also go; maybe he will need to reactivate connection also; also may try the same in cdma wkshp but dont think he will be able to do so... so reflashing with original RUU may be the thing... but be ready for the things I told u...

Actually phone was programmed by Sadikk bhai and MEID Was replaced by ESN, How will I need to reactivate the connection I dont understand because even in WCS all I will need to re-enter the MIN no. right?

Can you please forward me or provide me the link for the original RUU. I dont have anything great on phone that I might loose and all my contacts are loaded from gmail so I dont really worry about that.

I am really Pissed off.. As dad is using the phone and he gets very Important messages.

It will be a great if you could help me out please.

Still facing that Switch off issue.

Please help me out.

i m not sure if sprint ruu has radio fimrware also

^

it does, as people who upgraded to 1.56 cannot downgrade to 1.29...

^

What now sir?

contact ur seller (sadikk) because until any of us have ur phone in our hands we really cant tell what u r doing wrong...

contact ur seller (sadikk) because until any of us have ur phone in our hands we really cant tell what u r doing wrong...

Do you want me to send it to meerut. Else I can come over for a day whenever you can waste some of your time at this stupid work.

^

nope , its possibe that it might be missing radio

thats coz baseband (radio) is same on version 1.29 as well as 1.56 which is 1.04.01.09.21

they havent upgraded the radio

there r two versions of hero

one with google tradmark on back cover and one which htc trademark on back cover

both have different radio versions

one who has upgraded to version 1.56 can downgrade to 1.29 there is a guide posted for the same on xda

@sumit

well just let me know somethings

when u leave ur phone idle for long hrs of time does it gives an engage or switch off tone to the other caller

until u restart phone

if this happens then its a radio issue most probably

one more thing that could work in ur case is a

##786# as it will completely wipe and reset the radio

but it will have dire results

first it will restore meid so u wll have to reprogramm the phone

secondly u will have to use cdma workshop to feed ppp settings as qpst wont write it

thats the last resort

• Like 1

^

nope , its possibe that it might be missing radio

thats coz baseband (radio) is same on version 1.29 as well as 1.56 which is 1.04.01.09.21

they havent upgraded the radio

there r two versions of hero

one with google tradmark on back cover and one which htc trademark on back cover

both have different radio versions

one who has upgraded to version 1.56 can downgrade to 1.29 there is a guide posted for the same on xda

@sumit

well just let me know somethings

when u leave ur phone idle for long hrs of time does it gives an engage or switch off tone to the other caller

until u restart phone

if this happens then its a radio issue most probably

one more thing that could work in ur case is a

##786# as it will completely wipe and reset the radio

but it will have dire results

first it will restore meid so u wll have to reprogramm the phone

secondly u will have to use cdma workshop to feed ppp settings as qpst wont write it

thats the last resort

Sir it gives a Switch off tone but only till I dont give a call to someone from that phone. Once I call from it Everything goes fine. I dont need to restart the phone to have the incoming calls.

And Yes I am ready to do the reprogramming if it can do any gain for the messages issue and all but I dont know how to change MEID to ESN of Android and mine one is with the Google logo.

Second I have never used cdma workshop with a hero. Have used it with touch and touch pro2 to change the ESN but I have no idea about Hero.

what i meant was

does it give swtich off tone when u call ur hero from other no

also do u get area notifications again n again ??

wat i wanna get is that if all this abaove things happens that means somehow the radio goes dormant from time to time and disconnects

though this still doesnt explain ur messaging issue

but i think its not related to rom

• Like 1

what i meant was

does it give swtich off tone when u call ur hero from other no

also do u get area notifications again n again ??

wat i wanna get is that if all this abaove things happens that means somehow the radio goes dormant from time to time and disconnects

though this still doesnt explain ur messaging issue

but i think its not related to rom

Yes Switch off tone.

I never Get an Area Notification. Never Ever Received it on any phone using with Tata Indicom

Even I think its not a ROM issue because this problem was faced its original ROM, then I switched to MODACO ROM still nothing happened, Now when I am back to stock ROM still no good.

^

100% its not properly activated...

• Like 1

^

100% its not properly activated...

What to do to have it properly activated sir?