Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shubhanyu

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Rom For Htc Mogul

I wouldnt say it hangs a lot but yes it slows down quite a bit.

:previous:

Opera Mini 10 Crashes in 6.5Roms

So need to soft reset the phone

There is no fun while browsing with IE

Edited by parin

Trash IE.. Why not use Opera Mobile?

And I have some observations to make. Windows 98 UI on today's computers is blazing fast. Windows XP UI on earlier computers is a tad slow, but the improvements are significant. Same is with Windows Mobile. Mogul was designed for Windows 6, not 6.5. Windows 6 runs faster than 6.5 on Mogul, but use 6.5 and you will see that the improvements are worth the slight lag tradeoff. More finger-friendliness helps a lot.

If you want a decent tradeoff between speed and improvements, go for 21911. It's great. Will upload my own build if anybody wants. :-)

If you want a decent tradeoff between speed and improvements, go for 21911. It's great. Will upload my own build if anybody wants. :-)

Please do so. I will give it a try. TIA

I am use each and every custom rom but something is missing in every rom .

Default rom is always better for Mogul.

^

ditto

I feel customization is better. Example: The only stock ROM good for me is Alltel ROM. However, there are minor irritants that prevent me from using it mainstream. The customized ROM works precisely how I want it to. BUt as always, that's just me. :-)

^^^

Mogul sprint rom is bloated with useless softwares, i like the clean DCD rom , its full functional including DIAG and EPST.

win 6.5 is heavy comparing 6.1, it is going to slow down any phone which is made for ver 6 or ver 6.1. 

still using a specific rom is matter of personal choice.

I am using custom roms of different builds by various chefs since the porting of wm 6.5 to vogue.Currently I am using B Rom v.2.0,which can be found from xda as well as ppcgeeks forum.This is a wm 6.5.5 rom sys 23569.Also it's a bare bone generic rom.So it's blazing fast and customizable.

Although there are some minor bugs,still I prefer these custom roms for the ease of use and personalization.Of course this is my personal opinion.

Hello, I flash it anyway, and the result is just amazing!

It is faster than the wm6.5 rom that I had before!

Thanks!

Hi...

To all those who are using their Moguls still.. I present latest ROM Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 28014. This is different from the BareBones available on other forums. This is, in my opinion, faster. I have included a few neutral software. For optimum experience, a few other cabs will need to be installed.

This ROM does NOT have camera. No icon for camera exists in the ROM. There was supposed to be a camera in there, but it was not there in the final cooked product. I cooked with camera, but I felt that the ROM slowed down a bit...even in High Mem. Those that want a camera, please get a camera cabinet file. I will post a link in some time. So, you get the best of both worlds.

Get the ROM here: www.sdsi.in/TITAIMG.nbh

Place the ROM in your FAT32 formatted MicroSD card's root. Boot into the bootloader by pressing Power and Camera buttons and poking the reset button with the stylus, keeping the two said buttons pressed. Bootloader should check the file, and wait for your input - pressing the power button. Press the button, wait for Update Success. restart, hard reset, take out the battery for about a minute, put back in, reset, you're good.

Any questions - I am here.

^_^

Hi all,

I tried the above method. But nothing happens after the bootloader screen is displayed with Red, Green, Blue and White bands. A msg is displayed in the white band "Serial" and it stays as it is even after pressing the power button.

I do have Olipro 2.40 and radio version is 3.42.

Pl help me.

Hitesh, I have configured my Mogul using QPST in accordance with the settings specified by the great Ashoksoft. i have not "tweaked" the software part. I personally do not need anything else. The ROM locks fine and quick. I use only Google Maps, though. If I am really missing something, kindly elaborate so that I may look into it and incorporate if possible.

i was knowing that from ashok's post we can activate gps,

i was just asking have you included same in your rom, as you said no,

you can keep this in mind for next update only if possible

Thanks

can u pls password for QPST 2.7.348, the rar file is pass protected

thx

galaxy

Finally succeeded in upgrading to 6.5.

The .nbh file must be placed on a normal cd card and not SD HC that I was first trying.

I am unable to see the task manager on top right corner like in WM6.1.

Is it possible to get one for WM6.5?