Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shubhanyu

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Rom For Htc Mogul

Hi...

To all those who are using their Moguls still.. I present latest ROM Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 28014. This is different from the BareBones available on other forums. This is, in my opinion, faster. I have included a few neutral software. For optimum experience, a few other cabs will need to be installed.

This ROM does NOT have camera. No icon for camera exists in the ROM. There was supposed to be a camera in there, but it was not there in the final cooked product. I cooked with camera, but I felt that the ROM slowed down a bit...even in High Mem. Those that want a camera, please get a camera cabinet file. I will post a link in some time. So, you get the best of both worlds.

Get the ROM here: www.sdsi.in/TITAIMG.nbh

Place the ROM in your FAT32 formatted MicroSD card's root. Boot into the bootloader by pressing Power and Camera buttons and poking the reset button with the stylus, keeping the two said buttons pressed. Bootloader should check the file, and wait for your input - pressing the power button. Press the button, wait for Update Success. restart, hard reset, take out the battery for about a minute, put back in, reset, you're good.

Any questions - I am here.

^_^

• Like 3

I am using 28014 on my diamond and it is the most stable 6.5.3 rom I have seen so far and in fact my favorite 6.5.x rom.

Try my copy... I was pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be slightly faster than jmartin's bare bones. :Confuso:

You rock bro .... !!!

keep the goood work going ..... :thumb:

• Like 1

Sab aapki maya hai boss.... without your help my shhitgul would've still been in an eternal coma... you brought it back alive, I am back to what I used to do with it! Repped ya!

:signthankspin:

Edited by shubhanyu

Good to see u turning into another colour.... hope its a permanent change...

Hi Shubhanyu,

Thanks for the ROM. I am waiting for the camera cab file before upgrading. Even though I hardly use the camera, but still want to have the option available in my mogul.

And one doubt: In case i want to downgrade back to Win6.1, is it possible?

Hi Shubhanyu,

Thanks for the ROM. I am waiting for the camera cab file before upgrading. Even though I hardly use the camera, but still want to have the option available in my mogul.

And one doubt: In case i want to downgrade back to Win6.1, is it possible?

plz reply

yes i think by using RUU

u can download any rom

I also have a BareBones Version With Cam

and i have atleast 20mb free at all times also some software i have added are

Oxios Hibernate

microsoft tag reader

and some Resco Apps

I think 28014 Really Rocks :)

yes,it's always possible to downgrade to a stock rom.it has been discussed many many times in different threads.just search for it

yes,it's always possible to downgrade to a stock rom.it has been discussed many many times in different threads.just search for it

Thank you

plz provide the link to the thread, as i kept searching and was not able to get d desired result.......

thanx agn

Thank you

plz provide the link to the thread, as i kept searching and was not able to get d desired result.......

thanx agn

plz help.........

I present latest ROM Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 28014.

^_^

thanks for the info.... just an additional point for newbies :)

Before upgrading make sure that you have the unlocked bootloader (like olipro 2.40) and a GPS enabled radio (3.35 and higher)

Download from here: http://nymobileusa.com/iphone/Download/RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_TITAN_3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0718_Ship.exe

I am also working on 6.5 build 23518 and the older 21889. 23518 will have newer Outlook with threaded messaging. 21889 is for you if you do not like the broad bars.

Hi,

I have never updated a ROM before. I do computer work for a living but this is different to me. I have a HTC 6800 I live in the US and my carrier is Alltel. Will this Rom work with for me? There was mention of a camera cab, I would need that, since I occasionally use my camera. I would appreciate any instructions or direction to a website that could help me. Mention is made of an unlocked bootloader (like olipro 2.40) and a GPS enabled radio (3.35 and higher). If I am looking at the correct location I think my Radio version is 3.42.50, where for sure do I look for this?

I did not know if anyone has a walkthrough to do all of this to help newbies like me. :)

Joel

1. You got your radio version right. Look for it in Start > Settings > System > Device Information. You will see "radio version" listed.

2. Regarding camera cabs, just wait, I am going to upload a few ROMs and all will have camera working out of the box.

3. I cook my ROMs carrierless. These will work by default on Alltel as with any other carrier in the world. You will need an Alltel carrier cab ... if you do not have it, you can get carrier cabs from DCD here: http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/

The ROMs that I will upload will work perfectly with these cabs.

@Shubhanyu

dose your rom include inbuilt tweak of GPS

Hitesh, I have configured my Mogul using QPST in accordance with the settings specified by the great Ashoksoft. i have not "tweaked" the software part. I personally do not need anything else. The ROM locks fine and quick. I use only Google Maps, though. If I am really missing something, kindly elaborate so that I may look into it and incorporate if possible.

Edited by shubhanyu

Dear Mr. Jain,

can you people help me in setting my HTC Mogul (Sprint) with Tata indicom. I am also facing problem in connecting it with Wi-fi to my router. i had downloaded prl and enjoying calling & sms on it. but data or internet features are still not working with it :NOTriste: . i am sure u people are the best to get some tips from. :Sorprendido:

Thanx in advance. :signthankspin:

Hitesh, I have configured my Mogul using QPST in accordance with the settings specified by the great Ashoksoft. i have not "tweaked" the software part. I personally do not need anything else. The ROM locks fine and quick. I use only Google Maps, though. If I am really missing something, kindly elaborate so that I may look into it and incorporate if possible.

i was knowing that from ashok's post we can activate gps,

i was just asking have you included same in your rom, as you said no,

you can keep this in mind for next update only if possible

Thanks

for wifi setting in mogul u would set up ur wifi router to suitable for your mogul?

I am using wifi easily in my mogul.

Am testing build 21893 as well as the latest 23540 as well as 28230... 23xxx and 28xxx have the beta tag attached to them .... expire on May 1, 2010..... 21893 doesn't have that limitation. Are you people happy with the ugly big fonts in the notifications in 23xxx and 28xxx? When you receive an incoming sms, or a call, or any other notification, the fonts are so big! And everything appears a little not-like-home... 21xxx does feel more suited to Mogul's DPI and resolution... what do you think?

Edited by shubhanyu

I'm sorry but I did the searching and the information I get is always vague, kinda like yeah you can do it of course but at your own risk... So I'm just gonna ask...

My radio version 3.32.97U, can I flash this rom??

Do I need a newer version of radio?

You said drjoel's radio version 3.42.50 is good so should I get that one?

Thank you SO very much!

'Cause wm6.5.3's got that bottom bar that looks real nice ;P

Mogul Hangs a lot with 6.5 Roms :previous: