Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Upgrade From Gtran

GTRAN has a good PC sync software but nothing else.......

now I am finding it very difficult to continue with this handset. it has made my life miserable.

Many times I miss calls. If phone is in vibrator mode senstivity of microphone is negligible.

every time i get an important call i get worried about battery.

Instead disscussing ways to get rid of these problems I am interested in getting rid of this handset.

can someone suggest me the cheapest way of upgrading to some handset with good battery backup. :)

I am interested in LG 6130, 6000, 7230.

i want to pay min possible amount. My problem is i can't afford to change my number.

me too want to upgrade / downgrade.

can ne1 pls tell me whether i can swap GTRAN with LG 2030 ( within family) ??? :clap:

Saurav:

for missed call problem, upgrade is available

- nil

Saurav

Find someone who will buy the handset for a good price ( around 4-5k ...... i know it is a big loss since you bought it for 12k but there is no other go ) and later buy a new handset of your choice and swap the numbers ------ it is posssible with mutual understanding at rww i have enquired.

Nil

You can easily swap numbers at rww with mutual understanding and a good rapport with the technical guy at the rww since it is not done officially.

Regards

Ananth

SWAP is allowed by RIM for users with handsets purchased under upfront. WW guy told me even Chairman office confirmed this.

But ur existing handset will be activated with a new number and new CAF number. you can sell it, convert to prepaid ur choice.

thanx ananth good advice.

Just 3 months ago i paid RIM Rs 8651/-. so not being permitted by parents to do so.

actually this is legal and expensive. but in the mean time i have started to put money in my piggy. hope it fills soon and gets me LG 6000 or LG 7230.

is there any cheap other way.

Saurav provide me the details of upgrading to superior handsets. I also want to find an easy option to upgrade

Saurav provide me the details of upgrading to superior handsets. I also want to find an easy option to upgrade

18791[/snapback]

u r required to pay full amount of new handset u want. u existing number will be swapped to that handset.

for your existing handset you will get a new number by filling a new CAF form, it will be a post paid handset. with new tariffs as applicable and choosen onthat date.

your new handset with old no will function according to all charges and schemes that were applicable on that date. in short your CAF no remains same.

till here it was legal.

u can sell old handset with new number or change it to prepaid and enjoy free internet.

for 6000, 7230 pay 9999.

for 6130 pay 6999.

rates may vary according to your date of purchase.

tanveer wait for some time get review of new models and then upgrade. u know a lot abt gtran.

i am also waiting to see new handsets. this time not in hurry.

can anyone post the version of new software?

My handset has developed a new problem or it might that as my experience with GTran increases I am able to discover more bugs. Web world offered me LG 7230 but for that I have to pay Rs 8000/- and give GTran back to them.

I asked them for LG 6000 or LG 6130 but they refused. So I finally decided not waste another Rs 8000/- on Reliance handset.

Now I am waiting for RUIM handsets to be made available in open market.

what problem did u face saurav, and is the offer u are talking about an official thing?

as for me i amd planning to wait for some more time and wait for newer handsts to arrive, then i will decide what i have to do, some nokia CDMA handsets advertised on nokia site are real cool, hop they are launched with reliance. the battery seems to be doing badly for me

what problem did u face saurav, and is the offer u are talking about an official thing?

as for me i amd planning to wait for some more time and wait for newer handsts to arrive, then i will decide what i have to do, some nokia CDMA handsets advertised on nokia site are real cool, hop they are launched with reliance. the battery seems to be doing badly for me

19538[/snapback]

There is nothing legal and nothing illegal about it.

I got first GTran activated 5 PM signal disappeared totally 11PM.

I got 2nd GTran Stopped Rworld after 1 week.

Now my 3rd GTran gets totally mute in vibrator mode.

Therefore fed up with my complaints they gave me option to pay Rs 8000 or so according to prices on the date of my upgrade.

To get 7230 I am required to pay even little more than 8000/- and therefore I rejected this option and decided to wait and after few months I will purchase new handset of my choice.

Probably in next few days I will get 4th GTran.

I don’t know what type handsets they are selling.

it is ridiculous that they r asking for Rs 8000 for an upgrade for no fault of yours why don't u go to consumer court hope they will give some help It is really funny that u have got all bad handsets till now R u the exceptional case or the handsets r of poor quality

I think reliance should maintain the quality of their handsets the first batch was good of b/w handsets but now they r getting handsets of poor quality and software

Waiting for the reviews of their new handsets now we have to be cautious b4 upgrading our handsets

I never faced a major problem only problem that i face is the battery, god i hate the battery of this phone

i have not done any thing with handsets. i am facing these problems from the very first date of my purchase earlier i thought some times a missed call may be by chance but later i called mine number from my landline and found that handset has problem.

hi manish rajpal here

i wish to sell my gtran my number is 09322594775

i purchased it in the 8651 offer

reliance looted me is my personal feeling but it was my mistake

i was a dapo customer with the pdc option

then for soem reason i had to close the bank account and thus i iunquired from reliance ww and they told me you can cancel the pdc all together and not have ANYTHING ELSE CHANGED , KNOWING RELINACE I KNEW SOMETHING WAS FISHY AND IN BETWEEN I UPGRADE MY HANDSET AND AT THAT TIME THE WW TOOK ONLY 5651 FROM ME AND AFTER 2 MOTHS IN THE BILL FEATURES 300 FOR CLUB MEMBERSHOP CHARGES

THUS IT WAS A BAD EXPERIENCE IN ANY CASE THE HANDSET IS NOT EVEN 6 MONTHS OLD AND IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY

SO WHO EVER WANTS I AM ONLY SELLING THE HANDSET AND NOT THE NUMBER OR THE SCHEME

LET ME KNOW PREFERIBLY VIDE SMS

I am also interested in selling GTRAN without camera for about Rs 5000/- 3 months used. only handset not number. send me a PM.

and what do u plan next? are u quitting reliance?

or are u changing to another plan?

i got fourth gtran handset today

I recently paid reliance 8651 therefore I can’t exit so simply. I will continue for some time and later exit or change handset by using some strategy. Probably love to be a defaulter.

Edited by Saurav

i got fourth gtran handset today

I recently paid reliance 8651 therefore I can?t exit so simply. I will continue for some time and later exit or change handset by using some strategy. Probably love to be a defaulter.

20422[/snapback]

Don't they repair faulty phones? Recently my desktop charger stopped working. Will I get a new phone or my charger will be repaired? My handset is under warranty.

with LG its usually that they replace the charger if its under warranty. They jus dont bother repairing it! Dunno abt GTRAN. it wud be worth finding out...

i think they will replace charger.

when a company is replacing handset why will they hesitate to change charger.

but still it depends upon fault. prefer ASC over ww.

hi

has anyone faced a problem withthe keypad becoming plastic like

whta i mean is getting plastic cpumpling sounds when you press certain keys an d low network in places where other handset of reliance itself work fine

Guys give me the final word should i get 7230 today or wait for some new handset to arrive?

has anyone got 7230 in delsi recently? where is it available?

I think switching to 7230 from gtran will be better.I am ready for changing to

7230.But here in our place presently there is no stock,i have to wait for one week.

Sivashankkar

I think switching to 7230 from gtran will be better.I am ready for changing to

7230.But here in our place presently there is no stock,i have to wait for one week.

Sivashankkar

21977[/snapback]

You will not get it after one week because it is out of stock from all over india. so its better u choose RD 6000 OR MOTOROLA V730 OR CAN CHOOSE NOKIA 6225

i believe it has been withdrawn intentionally, because with 7230 around not many will go for 6000 with same price