Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
copperco2

All about Tikona

Just booked a tikona 300kbps unlimited plan for 6 months for Rs.2400, installation is free but now i am scared after reading all views and reviews but they are almost 1year old so i hope they improved the network.

Tikona is by far the worst

@ 'cooladitya007'

One good thing u did is took a Unlimited pack

I have been using Tikona for more than a year and a half - My usage is not a heavy one so i am sttisfied with it.

but yes if Speed is what u look for Tikona is a NO No.

They claim of 4g Speed and i am promised 2 mbps for the first 1 mb every month but never got that speed.

Secondly they give you a free WiFi router. Proves to be handy. But again they say they will not connect to a non Windows OS no smartphone support , to activate it they have some other plann and back office needs to be contacted. Which is a Painfull task CC is horrible,

So beter ask the Installation guy to demonstrate connection with Smartphone. Tablets if u intend to use it.

Welcome to Tikons 4G lol

Thanks for reply, in my area only bsnl broadband is available.

airtel,reliance,tata,sify not availble.

I wanted unlimited internet with minimum bill so i took this connection i know bsnl is much better but expensiv too.

I am not looking for high speed so if i get 30 kbps download speed with my 300kbps plan i am ok.

i have not taken ifi router from them i will purchase my own wifi router after some time.

Salesmen told me i can use my tablet and smart phone over wifi.

Lets see what they offer me.

i had two connection with tikona, it is worst isp i ever had, worst network, very bad customer service, line goes dead for days and no amount of complaining to nodal officer seems to get things done. So in short stay away

I shifted to youbroadband for last 6 months , they have good speeds and as of now extremely strong customer service and the speeds are good and stable and i would say plans are cheap considering you get 25gb donwload cap at over 5 mbps and once the cap is reached it is unlimited at 1mbps. Not many isp have these speeds once a cap reached at 1000 rs a month

How is there service in chennai ? Is it good, bad or ugly ?

If u r getting a wired connection from tikona directly from their node then u can go for it. Else the 4G network is really bad if u r getting a ruckus router at your place to connect to their wifi. But they will anyways provide u with a demo if u call them. In mumbai i was not really happy with the service as i was connected to the router. And m sure you will easily get cheaper internet from local players in ur town.

tikona suc*s in chennai. used it for a month. got only dail up speed. waste of money and time. bsnl & airtel broadband are the best in chennai

Even it **** in Delhi disconnection and speed will never contact. using Den BB right now avilable in two cities for now Kanpur and Delhi

4G from Tikona at low tariff

Mumbai-based Tikona Digital plans to launch high-speed Internet services on its 4G network at extremely competitive prices which might spark a price war in the fast growing data market. Tikona Digital plans to launch 4G data plans at 2 paise to 5 paise per MB in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh in the second half of 2013, Economic Times reports. These states are where the company had secured mobile broadband airwaves worth Rs 1,058 crore in 2010.

http://www.bgr.in/news/tikona-digital-plans-to-offer-4g-services-for-2-5-paise-per-mb/

They have a horrible connectivity. Even after having node just above my house(I live on top floor) I used to get hardly 500kbps connection speed on a 1mbps plan. Worst, the 4g has too much of packet data loss which results into high ping and is not good for a broadband experience. It was started by an ex reliance employee with using 4g technology without even having 4g license. However, they got the license during auctions. I have been to their office too for solving the issue but every time it has been in vain. Of late they have started giving wired connection from their nodes but m not sure how much difference it will make coz it operates on 4g technology which is wireless but gives too much of data loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tikona has many ex-employees of reliance communications.. right from their top level to field level.

So they haven't improved even after two years or so.

tikona is worst. i got their connection, but failed to use as it was worst than GPRS. ab to kewal unke dabbe tange hai

Today's ET has a front page news update on Tikona. They have shut down their business in13/38 cities citing consolidation in coverage an operations.

or may be Tikona is gonna provide 4G in those cities...

Doesn't look like that. They have got orders to inform customers either by sms or by letter that they will not be providing services from Jan. N they are citing reason that this is to consolidate operations Ans focus on markets which have 40% of Indian population ie metros n tier I cities