Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
csmart

Buying/selling On Ebay May Be Difficult

Buying / Selling on Ebay will become difficult as Paypal has suspended services in India for the time being. this is due to govt. law which requires send/receiver verification. Indian govt has asked all financial and other cos involved in money transfer to verify the users to stop money laundering.

more details on PC World

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/188775/paypal_suspends_personal_payments_to_india.html

just bought 2-3 items yesterday; it was functioning then... on international paypal as well...

Ebay payments using PayPal are not affected. Only direct payments using PayPal are affected.

just bought 2-3 items yesterday; it was functioning then... on international paypal as well...

does international trading is good??

did u applied for valentine offer?

^

r u trying to pull my leg by referring to the adv on tv of ebay.... LOL... where the geek guy sends himself valentine gifts without any girlfriend, making everyone jealous... LOL

I m married yaar....

international trading rocks for low cost items... for high cost items, a little risky....

I paid for rapidshare using paypal on 3rd. Was working fine then

Ebay.in use paisapay so no problem

paypal is used internationally they will solve this issue soon (if exists )

^

r u trying to pull my leg by referring to the adv on tv of ebay.... LOL... where the geek guy sends himself valentine gifts without any girlfriend, making everyone jealous... LOL

I m married yaar....

international trading rocks for low cost items... for high cost items, a little risky....

i mean does ebay really send gift??? if we made purchase of given amount? :SI:

and i am not pulling ur leg yaar :winko:

:previous: The Valentines day gift on ebay.in is valid only for eBay India purchases.

There is no problem with PayPal if you are using it for purchasing against a "goods" invoice like through eBay. The problem is for direct payments using PayPal only.

They dont give gift after purchase,

they give discount vouchers for purchase.

:previous: There is a Valentines Day gift promotion running: http://pages.ebay.in/valentine/ - Gifts will be sent to registered address after purchase within 45 days.

^^^

Same as X-mas, New year & diwali offers

^^^ but do these gifts come??? I had bought someting during the xmas/new year offer and used a gift coupon for Bluetooth headset... i havent received any...

should i complain to ebay??

^^^

They send gift on ebay register address, if not received you can contact ebay .

^^^ but do these gifts come??? I had bought someting during the xmas/new year offer and used a gift coupon for Bluetooth headset... i havent received any...

should i complain to ebay??

they do send the gifts it might be the courier company who didn't delivered it to you.

i received two pen drive as gift

Today I tried to make payment for my purchase via paypal on ebay.com but its not accepting the payment. I tried it with 2 different credit cards. :Equivocado:

Edited by saurabh159

It could "lasts month "

PayPal's India transaction block could last months (AP) – 9 hours ago

SAN FRANCISCO — Online payments service PayPal says its suspension of certain transactions in India could last months.

In a post on PayPal's blog Tuesday, spokesman Anuj Nayar wrote that the company will keep blocking personal payments to and from India as it works out questions that Indian regulators have posed. The payments were initially suspended Jan. 28, after regulators questioned whether PayPal payments should be regulated like wire transfers of cash.

However, local bank withdrawals, which had also been suspended, should be available within a few days, Nayar said.

The size of PayPal's India business is not publicly disclosed, but it appears to be relatively small. In 2008, $4 billion of PayPal's $60 billion in transactions came from the region it defines as Asia, and the vast majority was from Australia, PayPal's fourth-largest market.

PayPal is part of eBay Inc.

^

To crosscheck your claims, I have JUST NOW purchased a item from ebay international via hong kong and HAD NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.... there must be some problem with your account...

• Like 1

^

good work , +1 for the effort

^

To crosscheck your claims, I have JUST NOW purchased a item from ebay international via hong kong and HAD NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.... there must be some problem with your account...

I tried with 2 Credit Cards, both are active, one is Mastercard and another one is Visa. Have to cancel the deal as I was unable to make the payment.:(

SBI Visa...

Also note that my Paypal Account shows verified as I am a old customer... may be you are non-verified... check this while going into your paypal account and check your status...

Edited by dkaile

Ok, Now tell me how could I verify that my paypal account is active. I want to purchase that HTC headphone which you have suggested.

(I have already cancelled the deal with the seller.)

See the screenshot...

post-18748-126578763122_thumb.jpg