harismahesh

Samsung Corby Vs Nokia 5800

Give suggestions..which one to buy ???

Samsung Corby with wi-fi or Nokia 5800.

Please give all ur suggestions...

Its to buy for my cousin..

^^^

Its your choice which one to buy !

5800 gr8 phone, even comes with free sat-nav now :)

But then its your choice in the end.

even if its my choice which one to buy..i can ask for opinions yaar...may be someone have got experience with that..so they can suggest..

that we can ask for..and finally its me only deciding which one to buy...

so thats y everyone asks for opinions here..

are the price same? i dont think so. the price is nokia 5800 is expensive than corby. i found 5800 too plastic compare to corby. its personal choice... see yourself or its on what your cousin prefers.

symbian is OS with loads of possibility, corby is value for money sort of handset. Both are real good handsets though.

If corby and N 5800 are having same price band, I will prefer 5800 any day because of symbian. Also free navigation and GPS is added advantage.

Go for Nokia 5800 !

It is xpressMusic phone so media quality is good. also lots of features in nokia over corby.

check this link, this will help you LINK

go for 5800.brother. i am using it. it has so many advantage over corby. it is a smartphone+gps with lifetime ovi map navigation+8gb card+tv out+great display+good music quality with 3.5 av jack+better battery life+senheiser headphone free.

only one advantage in corby is that screen is more responsive and price difference is arround 2k.

Nokia 5800 have 3G, HSPDA, secondary video call camera, and even UI is very nice. My opinion is go for Nokia 5800.

well let me put this way

i was a supermod of forum where we first started posting all hacks n stuff for nokia 5800 when it arrived

i have known and worked on that handset a lot

in short its a peice of **** , released by nokia to test out s60v5

though with lot of firmwre upgrades 5800 has improved a bit , but still it still isnt there

if u want a comparative choice and u only and only have two options like 5800 and corby then go for 5800 , coz 5800 is a smartphone with lot of apps

, corby is just a feature product

but if u want my advise , look for something other than 5800 and corby

I will take Nokia any day.

Nokia maps is junk. I have a 5320 (5800 minus WiFi, and Video Calls and a few other bits). Nokia could never lock on to the GPS. Switched to Google Maps - no sweat. A friend in Chennai with a 5800 had same problem. Also, navigation etc. on Nokia is not free. We are sticking to Google Maps.

Also, off topic -- some time back I got a sms regarding a free App to make the sensor into a spirit level / tiltometer. Have lost it. Any updates here.

Edited by sgiitk

I will take Nokia any day.

Nokia maps is junk. I have a 5320 (5800 minus WiFi, and Video Calls and a few other bits). Nokia could never lock on to the GPS. Switched to Google Maps - no sweat. A friend in Chennai with a 5800 had same problem. Also, navigation etc. on Nokia is not free. We are sticking to Google Maps.

Also, off topic -- some time back I got a sms regarding a free App to make the sensor into a spirit level / tiltometer. Have lost it. Any updates here.

But now a days Nokia offering free OVI maps for selected models. Is there navigation mode in Google maps with voice guidance? I have installed google maps in my 5800, but there is no voice guidance. At the same time I upgraded my OVI maps and getting full free Navigational maps with voice guidance.

google navigation is only for android devices right now

dont know abt symbian , i have left nokia and symbian since past 1yr

i use google navigation on android , and its by far the best , nothing can match it

If you talk about details of roads city or off city , highways and country roads Google is best . but within city Nokia map and its navigation is excellent. Google map biggest limitation that in 1X it keeps phone busy

My Google Maps is continuously ON in the background and keeps updating my location once in a while and I dont miss any call... On 1x you will miss calls only when you are actively using internet or downloading something, not otherwise; In the background when 1x is running, I hardly miss a call...

But in Google maps, it is always using internet to update the maps that means maps are not installed in the mobile phone. But with OVI maps, now we can download the maps and store it in our mobile, so there is no internet usage while navigation. With OVI maps, we can receive calls, make calls, etc.

can n e body give price of both...

well there are ways to cache google maps for offline mapping purpose

i had posted a method long time back

samsung 5650 lindy- 9400+tax

samsung Bcorbyplus 5310 - 11700+tax

N 5800 - 12900+ tax

Edited by SantoshRoyal

well there are ways to cache google maps for offline mapping purpose

i had posted a method long time back

from where i can get the method, will u plz provide the link. is this works with N 5800???

Edited by SantoshRoyal

^^^

Search for Dr Muffi's post.