Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rkburra

Reliance GSM Network in Pune/Vishranthwadi

:previous:

I too endorse your views that we should give them some more time. Hopefully when they become a year and a half old, they should learn to walk, right now they are still crawling.... And they stumble when they attempt to walk...

They finally sent someone to my residence today. He checked out the signal intensity on my handset and made a few calls to his dept. Said there are issues and they would attempt to rectify. I emphasized quite strongly that the issue is not specific to me nor my area but the situation is similar in most/all parts of the city. He said it may be over a year till we find significant improvements. But he did say they will try to optimize/tune stuff so as to see some difference in my area in about 5 - 6 days.

He did not say it explicitly at all (for obvious reasons), but he kinda implied that the equipment that RCom uses isn't upto the mark, etc.

Now assuming what he is saying is true (about noticable improvement), and it would take over a year to see some real improvements, is that how long users are ready to wait? Of course, one can never tell for sure. It could well be like MNP. They keep telling you its coming, but like the horizon, it never comes. grin.gif Meanwhile, you get an awesome lesson in waiting... or maybe, in learning not to wait.

Btw, I know RCom is new, but so is Docomo. And from what I hear from several users, it seems to be in a much better state than RGSM. Anybody has any idea about how Aircel is in Poona?

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Aircel is better than R-GSM in pune,

As per your info R-GSM will take one more year to improve, but you know reliance,

they will give some big freeB and every one will be taking R-GSM. its very old and bad trick from Reliance. wait and watch ..

After having had enough of RGSM, I got a Docomo SIM less than a week ago. Pleasantly surprised to find that I get close to full signal intensity at my residence, unlike RGSM which now goes down to zero bars in some places. Voice clarity is also nearly as good as Idea or RCDMA! cheer.gifEven the battery on the same phone lasts MUCH longer with Docomo, than with RGSM.

Furthermore, the tariff is also good @1p/2sec (local), but with STV against my Re 1/3min with RGSM. However since pulse is 2 secs with Tata, the saving easily makes up for the STV cost. However, it seems the SMS plan is not at all comparable. :( Also, STD will cost a lot more with Docomo. So maybe I'll retain the RGSM SIM for now, but with minimal usage.

Before I got the Docomo SIM, I once again wrote to their corporate center, and I must say the response, in short, was again prompt and professional, including the email reply. They again sent someone to my place to check out the coverage and voice clarity problems. Unfortunately the guy didn't seem very qualified and wasn't able to answer any serious questions. He said coverage issues have cropped up in my area due to new higher building coming up and trees. However, other operators like Idea (best, most of the time signal is max), Vodafone, Docomo, Airtel (worst in all ways, but at least usable) all work at my place. Don't know about other operators. So only RGSM has issues with buildings and trees? GirandoOjos.gif Again, problem with RGSM is indoor coverage. Once outside, it usually shows max signal strength. Furthermore, he said the BTS is less than 300 meters from my place!!

So, despite their interest and visits to my place, nothing has changed in so many months. I'm thru with complaining, and I don't see anything changing anytime soon. In fact the guy who called from their Corporate Center at DAKC himself admitted that the network in Pune is quite bad, but declined from making any comment about any timeline for improvement (which I quite appreciate).

If Docomo can be so much better despite the network being younger than RGSM, and both being on similar frequency bands (1,800 MHz), things seem to be seriously wrong with RCom.

Hope that helps others here who might be waiting, waiting, waiting, for things to improve...

Edited by raccoon

Rcom people should put their efforts on Network Issues insted of Tariffs, otherwise they will lose their 2nd place within months

Ya this people are very reluctant to solve network complains

in my office i am facing lot of call drop with reliance

i have complained around 50 times

till no use

previous.gif Do you experience call drops because the signal frequently goes to zero/1 bar or do you experience it even when signal strength is ok?

Signal COme & goes

like wind

^^^

like wind :rofl_200:

you are talking about cdma or gsm :?

CDMA

I switched to Tata Docomo & the area i am getting is @ distance of 1.5km from my place & still signal shows 4 bars ... I am able to talk flawlessly .. I like docomo after dumping my RGSM connection.

The other day I was driving from Chandani Chowk to University of Poona. from Pashan Road while on a call on my RGSM. From Chandani Chowk, the signal strength declined rapidly and thru the entire stretch of the long Pashan Road, there was zero to 1 bar coverage (no possibility of voice calling). Even while approaching towards the University, the signal was very weak. Goes without saying that Idea had full to close to full coverage on the entire road; but what was quite surprisingly this was also true of my Docomo!

If the network on open road was so bad, then inside buildings in that entire area, it most definitely must be nil. Decepcionado.gif

Wonder of wonders! Since yesterday, RGSM signal at my residence has become stronger! Previously at the locations where I was getting 0 - 1 bar I am getting 2 - 5 bars (5 is max). But it often fluctuates in this range. They have definitely done something...

But voice clarity is another issue. I'v only made one call since (as I'm now using Docomo) and the voice clarity was NOT good. Can't say for sure if problem was on the other side though. Will know in the next few days. But I'm not optimistic because till now even where signal intensity is max, the voice clarity has been pretty bad along with call drops when in a vehicle.

Edited by raccoon

Wonder of wonders! Since yesterday, RGSM signal at my residence has become stronger! Previously at the locations where I was getting 0 - 1 bar I am getting 2 - 5 bars (5 is max). But it often fluctuates in this range. They have definitely done something...

But voice clarity is another issue. I'v only made one call since (as I'm now using Docomo) and the voice clarity was NOT good. Can't say for sure if problem was on the other side though. Will know in the next few days. But I'm not optimistic because till now even where signal intensity is max, the voice clarity has been pretty bad along with call drops when in a vehicle.

Yes I too noticed it but it is highly fluctuating. Signal strength showing 5 bars, when I try to make a call , signals bars come 1 bar 0r no signal.

You can notice the fluctuating caller tune too when you call to any RGSM number in Pune. Try from Landline too .

But seems to be that they are working on our multiple feedbacks.

previous.gif Well at my residence the fluctuations are no longer going below 2 bars, in any situation. But signal intensity is useless unless voice clarity improves drastically. I just hope it will at least reduce the huge battery drain on handsets, due to their pathetic network. At least are definitely upto something.

IMO, caller tune cannot fluctuate because of signal fluctuation as the tune would be played at RCom's end.

Edited by raccoon

Network seems more stable now. I get max to max minus 1 bars at many places within my residence. Voice clarity issue remains to be checked though.

@Rkburra, are you also experiencing similar improvement? I was inclined to think that they might actually have brought up a new BTS as told to me by their corporate center. However if others in Poona are also seeing improvement, then they have probably just optimized/improved their existing cells. And the area location on phones do not help at all with RGSM, as it is being misused for advertising. mad.gif

Edited by raccoon

Network seems more stable now. I get max to max minus 1 bars at many places within my residence. Voice clarity issue remains to be checked though.

@Rkburra, are you also experiencing similar improvement? I was inclined to think that they might actually have brought up a new BTS as told to me by their corporate center. However if others in Poona are also seeing improvement, then they have probably just optimized/improved their existing cells. And the area location on phones do not help at all with RGSM, as it is being misused for advertising. mad.gif

I too noticed improvement in signal strength at home. But still problem @ office in Kalyani Nagar. Serious drop in signal strength. Voice quality is little improved but still not good.

Some how I am happy with TATA Docomo offers [sabse Bol & 5p/6Sec offer] which I feel cheaper than Reliance and its good voice quality.

Docomo network definitely seems way better, but still to check coverage on fringe areas and highways, etc. Except for SMS pack, calling and data works out to be cheaper too! However, I am unable to connect to the data network half the time, which makes it very unreliable. With Idea and RGSM, it was very reliable. Are you facing similar issues?

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I was using Idea Cellular for 5 years very happily. Owing to big STD bills for the last 3 months I shifted to Reliance GSM. But the 2 months that I am with Reliance, I have been troubled by terrible coverage both at home(Anand Park, Aundh) and in office(Koregaon Park). On a lucky day I get 2 bars......usually it is between 0 and 1.

Though Reliance's tarrifs are cheaper their coverage is ugly. And today I saw that Idea has launched some new plans which have cheaper tarrifs. I called Reliance to say I wanted to terminate but the chap persuaded me to forward a request to the tech department saying they will resolve the coverage issue (I wonder how? They obviously won't put up a tower in my home and office backyards :D ).

I'm confused.....should I get back to Idea Cellular (Idea has promised to keep my number active for a year or even more for free since i'm a gold customer) or should I wait and see if Reliance solves the coverage issue in a week?

previous.gif What tariffs is Idea offering you? I don't think any of their tariff can match Reliance's Re. 1/3 min local/STD. Where did you see these new plans? Or are they some special/hidden plans, as you are taking about post paid?

Idea is the most expensive operator in Mah. (I guess Vodafone is similar?) but their network better than any other operator. So you'd have to decide what is important - reliability, coverage and great voice clarity or cheaper tariff and poor to pathetic voice clarity. Keeping both could also be an option, as many people take this third route.

As for Reliance fixing your problems, you could consider giving them some time, if you have the luxury of doing so. They do address things, if pushed thru the right channels. But whatever they do, I don't see them matching Idea's network anytime in the near or not so near future.

Btw, why don't you consider other options like Docomo and Uninor? Both are much better than RGSM.

Edited by raccoon

RGSM signal has remained stronger with lesser fluctuations at my residence. Voice clarity though better than before is still not acceptable. I guess RGSM definitely has the worst voice clarity amongst ALL operators in Poona. If anybody could compete with its pathetic voice clarity, I guess it would be BSNL.

Recently we got an Aircel SIM in the family. though the signal intensity is weak indoors (and now weaker than RGSM) and fluctuates, the voice clarity is much better than RGSM. Offtopic, but one thing notable about Aircel is that it seems to give more offers than any other operator... and good ones too!

RGSM should get an award worst voice clarity achieved by a mobile operator. That is, unless they have to share it with BSNL. Chulo.gif

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

Very TRUE.. This is the very SAME, I have experienced in Nagpur.. The only network, which has GUTS to be as bad as RGsm is BSNL Cellone ONLY...

But I hope, BSNL 2G network quality will be better when its high-end 2G customers move to 3G.. 3G is the Last Hope of BSNL.. But for RGsm, NO CHANCE imho.. (Yes, it was better than say 3 or 4 months back.. But it is still way lower than the minimum standards of voice quality)

^^^I can still imagine RCom pulling up its socks and improving. But I would not bet even a penny on BSNL. I don't see it improving until something drastic is done with the company.

Edited by raccoon

BSNL is so special.. I expected BSNL to be better after launch of 3G as high end users will be shifted to 3G and 2G services will be better.. But still now IT IS VERY VERY BAD in TN and in NAGPUR... It was sooo POOOR that I changed my 6 years old BSNL number(s) to Prepaid now...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Returned from a trip to Panchgini and Mahabeleshwar yesterday. Had RGSM, Docomo, Aircel and Idea between us. RGSM's coverage and voice clarity was absolutely the worst amongst them all. many large areas are simply not covered.

As expected, Idea was the best, followed by Docomo and then Aircel. Docomo's data connection did let me down though, esp. en route from Pune to Panchgini. Most attempts to connect were unsuccessful. mad.gif

Basically, I guess it would not be improper to say that the operators performed as expected and similar to what they are in Poona.

It is really surprising to see RGSM is far worse (wrt both coverage and voice clarity) than even Aircel, despite being the oldest amongst the new operators. Shame on RCom. They should just wind up their GSM business.

Edited by raccoon