Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rkburra

Reliance GSM Network in Pune/Vishranthwadi

RCom is amazing. The signal strength at my residence which suddenly become stronger (most of the time at max) and stayed stronger for several weeks has now declined again since last few days to its previous levels. Now again I get one or two bars (fluctuates). Not that the stronger signals was of much use, because voice clarity was poor anyway, but at least there was a slight improvement.

I guess I should just get rid of the connection. Doesn't seem like anything is going to improve anytime.

:previous:

Well Raccoon, your case is indeed sad. Here in Chennai, RGSM has improved by leaps and bounds. I had travelled to many places in the last 4 months and in all places, the network was reasonably to very good always. And also the GPRS speeds were extremely better than even Voda and Airtel across Delhi, Haryana(parts), Punjab(parts), HP (almost 90% of all places) and Chandigarh.

Anyway, it appears some mole of RCOM may be reading all your raves and rants against RCOM and is trying to harass you further. (ha Ha ha ha) It is not funny, but then so what.

Another thing from the CM's sppech today - they have invested around Rs 30k crore in the last 3 years towards network strengthening and this year the budget is only Rs 3k crore. So in that case, you will not see any dramatic improvement in network in your place, unless some major miracle takes place. You may junk your RGSM safely and come back if at all in future, it improves.

Last week I had been to Gujarat and this week Hyderabad.

RGSM is much better in AP & Gujarat. GPRS also extremely well.

Back to Pune. Maharastra RGSM is horrible and voice quality is extremely bad. I don't know what is the problem with RGSM with Maharastra. :)

we need to complaint to Raj Thackery. :GirandoOjos:

Well Raccoon, your case is indeed sad. Here in Chennai, RGSM has improved by leaps and bounds. I had travelled to many places in the last 4 months and in all places, the network was reasonably to very good always. And also the GPRS speeds were extremely better than even Voda and Airtel across Delhi, Haryana(parts), Punjab(parts), HP (almost 90% of all places) and Chandigarh.

Anyway, it appears some mole of RCOM may be reading all your raves and rants against RCOM and is trying to harass you further. (ha Ha ha ha) It is not funny, but then so what.

Another thing from the CM's sppech today - they have invested around Rs 30k crore in the last 3 years towards network strengthening and this year the budget is only Rs 3k crore. So in that case, you will not see any dramatic improvement in network in your place, unless some major miracle takes place. You may junk your RGSM safely and come back if at all in future, it improves.

Name a company that could make a thousand crore loss and still sit on it like nothing happened, eventually bailed out by Govt.?? No brownie points for guessing it as BSNL :D So guys lets not write it off. There may still be fire left in it. Remember, it is the only Operator that keeps the Indian village connected :) For instance, last week it launched its network in the remote Miyar valley in Himachal Pradesh where no one else has a presence.

Wow, so they do actually improve, is it? tongue.gif Here it seems they are simply incapable of that. Well, if as for my raves and rants and their trying to harass me, its a bit late for that now, as I changed to Docomo couple of months back. Have just kept the RGSM for SMS and for longer STD calls (Re.1/3 min is cheapest STD option, AFAIK). But almost every time I seem to end up pissing off the called party and myself, due to the horrible voice clarity.... so as of now its barely used (except for SMS). But just keeping the thing in standby and for few SMSs is eating up the handset's battery big time, so maying I should just get rid of it... though I'v been reluctant to do it since it has lifetime tariff validity. I'm not even ranting or raving anymore... more like watching its antics in amusement. grin.gif

I'm considering replacing RGSM with Uninor as despite it being the newest network here, the voice clarity is just amazing.

Last week I had been to Gujarat and this week Hyderabad.

RGSM is much better in AP & Gujarat. GPRS also extremely well.

Back to Pune. Maharastra RGSM is horrible and voice quality is extremely bad. I don't know what is the problem with RGSM with Maharastra. :)

we need to complaint to Raj Thackery. :GirandoOjos:

Ah, so they seem to be giving a raw deal in Maharashtra. Seems like a very good case for Raj Thackery to take up. I guess only he can do something now, as RGSM's management seems to be very anti-Maharashtra. GirandoOjos.gif And its not just wrt. voice clarity - I have found both in-city and out of city coverage to be the worst amongst all operators (except perhaps Airtel).

Edited by raccoon

After long time, I have tried to use RGSM in Pune - Kalyani Nagar, Vishranthadi. Surprisingly signal & sound quality is improved drastically.

Now it is much better. But still noticed a fluctuation signal strength.

I think RGSM is woke up now.

Does any one noticed the signal & sound quality improvement in other parts of Pune & Maharastra?

^^^

If you are getting fluctuating signals then too it can't be said that they are doing there best to solve the issue. :)

Signals should be stable and not fluctuating for having quality calls. Infact fluctuating signals are more irritating sometimes. :Confuso:

To reach the level of Airtel, Vodafone, etc, RGSM will take another year or two. Till then one has to get used to signal fluctuations or junk the service and opt for some other stable signal provider. In Chennai, even I am experiencing signal fluctuations sometimes but the call quality is not bad at all.

After long time, I have tried to use RGSM in Pune - Kalyani Nagar, Vishranthadi. Surprisingly signal & sound quality is improved drastically.

Now it is much better. But still noticed a fluctuation signal strength.

I think RGSM is woke up now.

Does any one noticed the signal & sound quality improvement in other parts of Pune & Maharastra?

I guess there seems to be a small improvement, but its still pretty bad. Yes, signal also fluctuates rapidly and it still drains handset battery battery MUCH faster than ANY other connection I'v used.

The only time I dare to use it is outdoors. But using it in a moving vehicle always used to cause very frequent call drops... but haven't checked this recently, as I hardly use it now.

The improvement seems marginal at best. It still cannot hold even a candle to Uninor or Docomo (in that order, as far as new networks are conerned).

Edited by raccoon

Now its RGSM's turn - total network outage here.

Well, signal reception is there, but its impossible to make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls. Only beeps are heard when calling and "all lines to this route are busy" message is heard when attempting to call from other phone.

Is RGSM shutting down after loosing hoards of customers after MNP? tongue.gif

Anybody experiencing the same issue?

One of my friend lives in Pune, last week I tried to call him many times.....and each time call connected and failed within 2 seconds. He told that he's getting fluctuating signals there. Really friends, RGSM NETWORK in Pune is WORST. :ranting:

previous.gif Tell me about it!

Incoming/outgoing seems to be working now. I use RGSM only for ocasional longer STD calls... so I don't care much, but I need to get 1 incoming IVR call to complete Giftmate transaction to recharge our DTH. So was stuck. mad.gif

Reliance the completely unreliable! The deserve to loose all the customers they loose.

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Have a look at this post Raccoon Bhai :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/28153-the-most-awaited-mnp-finally-introduced/page__view__findpost__p__219194

RGSM lost more then 35,000 subscribers in the last 15 days, as most of them PORTED OUT there RGSM number to other operator.

previous.gif I did see that post earlier. Thats why I posted what I posted. :)