• Yes, frequently
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No, Never
  3. 3. Do you Chew tobacco ?

• Yes, frequently
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No, Never

Health risks caused by smoking

- Cigarette smoking causes many types of cancer, including cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, pancreas, stomach, and cervix, as well as acute myeloid leukemia.

- Quitting smoking substantially reduces the risk of developing and dying from cancer.

- Strong and consistent evidence shows that nicotine replacement products can help people quit smoking. These products are available in five forms—patch, gum, lozenge, nasal spray, and inhaler.

- Bupropion and varenicline are prescription medications that can also help smokers quit.

Health Effects of Alcohol

Almost every system in the body can be negatively affected by alcohol.

Health effects of chewing tobacco

Oral and spit tobacco increase the risk for leukoplakia a precursor to oral cancer. Chewing tobacco has been known to cause cancer, particularly of the mouth and throat.

• Like 2

^^^

your moto is good, also for good life of every one.

but don't you think on rimweb now a days mobile topics are less and other topics are increasing ?

:previous:

i believe these are all rimweb's social responsibility..

the highest longevity in the world over mass population has been seen in an Sicilian Island and it has been attributed specifically to the Unique Red Wine that the inhabitants of that area drink...

anything in excess is bad...

please be moderate....

also in posting such topics repetitively.... its starting to get irritating...

• Like 1

^^^

if you want this kind of topic, you can just ignore the topic ! i do same....

@savramesh - How can i get Bupropion and varenicline ????

I really wanna quit weed.

well said savramesh keep it up..... i agree with your reply "i believe these are all rimweb's social responsibility"

:clap: Nice thread Ramesh Ji... +1 to you...

out of 9 no one chews tobacco....

good to hear this ....

Good info, savramesh. Keep it up....

i think our members Dr K M Mufadal / Dr Gagan / Dr Vinay will be able to help you on this...

@savramesh - How can i get Bupropion and varenicline ????

I really wanna quit weed.

Consult a psychotherapist, they will help you out, go for rehab, they will prescribe you nicotine patch or gums - and yes control you have to keep it. unless you wanna do it its all waste, dont think of substitutes, you continue smocking for the larger benefit of doctors.

^^^^

I dont know the disadvantage of Electronics Cigarette .

But can be a good option,

also saves lot money ! (only you have to calculate more than 1 year expence on regular cigarette)

^^^ is someone selling this electronic cigg here in India?? I would love to try it out....

I received SMS's sometime back about electronic cigarettes and since I am not a smoker, I deleted the SMS' after forwarding to my brother-in-law who is almost a chimney. But unfortunately, he also deleted the SMS. In case I get it again, I will post here.

Smoking.......: Na Na Na

Tobbacco.......: Chi Chi Chi

Alcohol.......: Ab kya bataaun.....kabhi kabhi toh chalta hai nah dost !cheerswm9.gifdaruze4.gif

Smoking linked to lower IQ

Cigarette smokers have lower IQs a study shows according to an Israeli study.

The study of 20,000 military recruits found young men who smoked a pack of cigarettes a day had IQ scores that were seven point five points lower than non-smokers.

And the survey shows that the more a person smokes, the lower their IQ.

Auckland University tobacco control expert Marewa Glover says it's proof the tobacco industry successfully targeted those with lower IQs by using devices such as cartoons and free samples.

^^^

smokers dont have IQ, so dont worry about loosing it !!!!

^^^ is someone selling this electronic cigg here in India?? I would love to try it out....

I received SMS's sometime back about electronic cigarettes and since I am not a smoker, I deleted the SMS' after forwarding to my brother-in-law who is almost a chimney. But unfortunately, he also deleted the SMS. In case I get it again, I will post here.

Here it goes: -

Elec Cig Cartridge for just Rs 25

No Cancer, no Tobacco

Same taste and satisfaction

for details sms ecig to 56677

or www.steamz.in

Hope it helps you....

Edited by KumaarShah

Alcohol linked to poor nutrition

People who drink more are also likely to eat less fruit and consume more calories from a combination of alcoholic beverages and foods high in unhealthy fats and added sugars.

Heavy drinking and dietary factors have independently been associated with cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, and other chronic health problems. To examine the relationship between alcoholic beverage consumption, nutrient intakes, and diet quality, researchers analysed data on 8,155 men and 7,715 women in USA, aged = 20 years who reported their past-year alcoholic beverage consumption and 24-hour dietary intake. Alcoholic beverage consumption was defined by drinking status (never, former, current drinker) and, among current drinkers, by drinking level (number of drinks per day, on average: men <1 to =5; women <1 to =3).

Among men, there was no association between drinking status and dietary intake of energy as well as most nutrients. Among women, former and current (compared to never) drinkers had significantly higher intakes of energy and several nutrients, and current drinkers had significantly lower total healthy eating index scores (current drinkers 59; never drinkers 63). Among current drinkers of both genders, as drinking level increased, intakes of energy and several nutrients significantly increased, whereas total healthy eating index scores significantly decreased (from 56 to 41 in men, and from 60 to 52 in women).

Higher alcohol consumption was associated with poor diet quality, but these findings raise questions about whether the combination of alcohol misuse and poor diet might interact to further increase health risks. This could be explained by the higher energy intake from alcohol as well as other differences in food choices.

Cigarette filters have pig's blood?

Cigarette filters may have traces of pig's blood, an Australian professor has said, adding the devout may find this "very offensive".

Simon Chapman, a professor at the University of Sydney, said a recent Dutch research had identified 185 industrial uses of a pig - including the use of haemoglobin in cigarette filters.

"I think that there would be some particularly devout groups who would find the idea that there were pig products in cigarettes to be very offensive," Chapman was qouted as saying by Australian AAP news agency.

"The Jewish community certainly takes these matters extremely seriously and the Islamic community certainly do as well, as (so) would many vegetarians.

"It just puts into hard relief the problem that the tobacco industry is not required to declare the ingredients of cigarettes ... they say 'that's our business' and a trade secret."

The research found pig haemoglobin was being used to make cigarette filters more effective in blocking harmful chemicals before it entered a smoker's lungs.

The professor said that one cigarette brand sold in Greece was confirmed to be using pig haemoglobin in its processes, Chapman said.