Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I am using windows 7 genuine version(that came with dell laptop) and now it showing 5 days to activate under computer properties.

Kindly suggest wat 2 do?

Any patches or procedure to be followed???

Pl help.

^^^

Look under your laptop, you will find a sticker

on which serial number and CD-key of windows 7 is printed.

use same CD-Key and activate legally....

Edited by hitesh123
  • Like 2

I got the windows 7 from my friend who is using dell.

M using acer myself...

that means it is not genuine copy for you.

and you are asking for a cr@ck !

PM me your version of windows 7 , cant post cracks patch here !

• Like 2

Msg sent thru PM...

Kindly check...

BTW i am getting error 0xc004e003 while trying to activate windows online.

Also i m unable to change product key using slmgr in cmd. In cmd it shows that the key has been installed succesfully but the computer properties show the same old key.

I am sure people are aware that should the cops want, they can reach the home of person asking for crack by tracing the IP address he is on and arrest him for piracy. Those who are assisting the OP can also be arrested for aiding and abetting the crime. :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) KB971033 has been released with the very intention of disabling pirated Windows 7. The WAT server is offline now and once Microsoft activates it...all pirated editions are going down the tubes.

Ask me and I would advice one to buy Windows 7. These guys have done a wonderful job this time and hence it is worth every penny you spend.

previous.gif

The windows copy i am using comes with dell laptop of my friend and i have used the same copy for installing it on my acer laptop. The problem is that its not taking the key even thru CMD.

The activation server is not denying the key, its just that the process of activation is not completing. I have checked with microsoft and it says the key is genuine.

That does means that you are using a pirated copy even if the the Disc and Serial key are original, the license is supposed to be for single user and for the same machine with which it came (dell in ur case).....

previous.gif

The windows copy i am using comes with dell laptop of my friend and i have used the same copy for installing it on my acer laptop. The problem is that its not taking the key even thru CMD.

The activation server is not denying the key, its just that the process of activation is not completing. I have checked with microsoft and it says the key is genuine.

You fail to comprehend the situation.

You are trying to activate your ACER laptop with a Windows 7 serial, that is meant to be EXCLUSIVELY USED WITH DELL LAPTOPS. During activation, the server will verify whether you are using a Dell laptop to activate the OS. When it sees that it is an Acer laptop trying to take the place of the Dell, the validation is rendered null.

The activation server wont deny the key because it is a genuine Windows 7 serial that must be activated in a DELL LAPTOP ONLY. Be warned that using the same key to activate and run a Dell Laptop and an Acer Laptop could render the key useless permanently. You friend is going to be very angry if something like that occurs, because he will have to purchase the OS once again.

• Like 1

How to change back to acer from dell in the system config as shown in the attached file

any ideas??? I have oem key for acer with me..........

window 7.doc

Edited by aviator

Since its a genuine copy, i have no qualms in recommending that you do "activation backup and restore"

The tool can be downloaded here Read about it here Though MS also has similar tools its too complicated while ABR works better.

Backup the activation on a machine which is activated (dell) and then restore it on the new machine (acer). You need to then remove win7 from dell to be in compliance with MS license.

Also, am not sure how much it works in transferring between 2 different OEMs for OEM win7 copies but i've heard it works. I have only tried it for doing a 2nd bootable partition on same laptop as 1st one is sort of locked for various things by my office domain login so I like to have another bootable partition of win7 where i can install whatever i want.

Hope that helps.

^^^

it is not genuine copy for him,

its a dell copy and he is using on Acer , so he need to take new license or make it work by patch !

• Like 2

^^^ He has a VLK lisence which will not work for long even after activation and patch is the only alternative - i suggest - if you want pirated get one online why get it from dell or any other that way you are sure to have patch

ALL PM replied ... waiting for confirmations !

Edited by hitesh123
  • Like 3

The copy that comes with Dell is OEM version. You cannot activate on other laptops of Dell as well. There is some check on even the hardware specs. If you do some major changes in the original Dell laptop, even then sometimes the copy won't authenticate. I am telling this from some research I had done while I had installed a new HD on my Dell that came with XP Home preloaded.

previous.gif

@Hitesh

Tried using the file (using 'run as administrator' option)

Unable to activate windows. Its asking me to run the file as administrator even as i run it as administrator.

Screenshots are attached. Pl see wat can be done.crying.gif

window Activation.doc

grt job hitesh... keep it up... dont get bogged down... dont let these multinationals juice us out... +1 to you...

previous.gif

@Hitesh

Tried using the file (using 'run as administrator' option)

Unable to activate windows. Its asking me to run the file as administrator even as i run it as administrator.

Screenshots are attached. Pl see wat can be done.crying.gif

first check you log in user account, it should be Administrator ..

add me to gtalk if problem exists .

• Like 2

Hats off to hitesh.....He is really a doc (Pc ka...Contento.gif )

My windows 7 is now activated. pl see screenshot. Also, my laptop system icon is changed from Dell to Acer.

Hurray........................

Thx a ton hitesh. +1 on ur every post in the topic for your help.

Windows activated.bmp

every one sending PM need to send this info.

open Windows Explorer-----> ALT+H or ALT+F---------> help--------->about.

send me about box screen shot !

@ hitesh - Any ideas why crypted.exe stops working after activating windows.

Pl see attached screenshot.

post-59546-126693872883_thumb.png

did not seen this kind of problem !

will update u asap if anything is there .